the Rift

We Can't Rewind, So My Dear Keep Going

Kaj The Aurelight Posts: 381
Hidden Falls Conscript atk: 4.0 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2hh :: 8 Years 9 Months HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Arabella :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya Brit

Count your blessings not your flaws

After teaching young Ilios how to fly, the mighty beast had headed south-west, back to the mists of his home. It is a long walk, and Nasreen is sure to keep Ilios company, but the king diverged from their path with a kindly smile. He had not visited the Helovian Threshold in many moons, mostly because he was so often busy when he was within the heard. Still, he missed the freedoms of the wildlands, though he had not left the Edge since the moment Tor had found him in the gateway. There truly wasn't much to miss, but Kaj had been a traveler, a nomad, after the death of his sister had set into motion something that had rolled downhill and never stopped. Though Kaj loved his herd, his crown and the land that had given it to him, he mourned the fact that it only came to be because Aniela had died.

The forest is as dark and imposing as he recalled, though not nearly to the level of the Deep Forests and its mysteries. The pines and firs tower overhead, larger than life, and yet the area seems to draw him in as it did all travelers. Offering new life, new purpose, healing - for those that sought it. Was that why he had been drawn to Helovia? Or had Fate seen the cards of his future and dictated the path of his steps? Kaj held conflicting beliefs, as he trusted in fate and yet also believed in free will, in choice. Deigning not to think about it, he continued on, shafts of moonlight spilling like errant liquid upon his pale golden coat. The night was quiet, sleeping. Peaceful.

Had it not been for the maiden's coloring, Kaj likely would have walked right past her. She was coiled up tight at the base of a tree, and his heart instantly began to speed at the sight of her jutted hip and frail figure. Moonlight cast itself in patterns upon her frame from the canopy above, but it led him true through the forest as he relied on its light to keep from tripping or crashing or some other embarrassing act. He nickered softly his arrival, hoping not to startle her by simply appearing at her side. A look of worry etched itself into the crevices of his handsome visage, and he rocked to his knees before her, mighty wings loose and unimposing at his sides.

She reminded him so much of Resplendence, so long ago, that it nearly hurt.

"Miss, are you hurt? Please, allow me to help you. My name is Kaj, I'm the King of the World's Edge herd west of this forest. We have healers who may aid you, if you are in need," he spoke quietly, putting it all out there for her immediately. He was concerned for her state, and did not want to spook her away too soon. Was she physically harmed? Or was she battling, as Resplendence did, against the current of something far harder to diagnose?

Image Credits

credit bronzehalo
Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!
Plot with me here!

Messages In This Thread
We Can't Rewind, So My Dear Keep Going - by Azaneen - 01-17-2015, 08:53 PM
RE: We Can't Rewind, So My Dear Keep Going - by Kaj - 01-17-2015, 09:56 PM
RE: We Can't Rewind, So My Dear Keep Going - by Azaneen - 01-17-2015, 10:18 PM
RE: We Can't Rewind, So My Dear Keep Going - by Azaneen - 01-20-2015, 08:45 PM
RE: We Can't Rewind, So My Dear Keep Going - by Azaneen - 02-01-2015, 12:48 AM