the Rift

When hearts get tired CLOSED
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

Raw speed…

It flowed into and out of sweaty limbs. Each gliding movement was full of power, tolerance and grace; untethered hooves struck moist soil with little show of mercy, each thrust pushing a lean framed stud past budding timbers. Fall was crisply in the air, fanning new dawns within the hearts of those that wished to experience life to the fullest. Daggers dug deep within soft flesh, spilling a blood that bore an entirely different color. Morning air blew past, rippling the feathers along his hide and ruffling a growing coat that would protect against the biting chill of night when winter came. Sweat flecked sleek skin, slicking his sides with perspiration.

The man dashed across ground, stumps of trees and stones causing no reduction of purpose, yet... enticing him to push harder still. Muscles bunched up with each renewing bound, a tightening was developing in his heaving breast. Soon oxygen starved limbs would be fully exhausted and cause a great stitch in his side—each to force a willing body to halt, permitting rest. But for now he was free, free of thought and emotion. Rapidly exhaling the lad set forth a grunt as he bounded up and over a fallen tree. The trees fell away and blossomed into lengthy mountains and ridges. Their peaks caked in soft snow; springs warm embrace would melt the frost and provide renewing water for rivers below. All in good time those streams would swell with so much liquid that many areas would flood. But that was to come later, in the future, this was today.

[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Cherie Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

The small mare trotted among the high trees, deep into the forest. She didn't know where she were exactly, but she had gotten tired of the dry lands of her new home and went to see something new.
This place reminded her of the Treshold, where Aure and Sierra had found her. An image of her meeting with the two mares popped up into her head. But there was also a white stallion, a unicorn just like her. Mauja.
Somehow she felt that she was going to regret choosing the Throat sometime in the future.

As her slender legs moved her forwards, she heard the sound of hooves. And they were coming her way. Cherie stopped, and whipped her tail nervously. She hoped to the bottom of her beating heart that it would be a Helovian, as this land called it's habitants.
'Please, don't be a stranger... Please be someone kind..', the little buckskin thought, and observed her surroundings.

By now, the mare almost wished that he hadn't left the herd. No one knew that she was here. Cherie started to panic. What was she going to do?
But her curiosity took over, and the mare slowly started to walk towards the noise.

Word count: 204
((OOC: My head is tired, but here you go ^^))

Walk, walk, walk.
"Talk, talk, talk."
Think, think, think.

Ascended Helovian

Deceased
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

m i d a s
BEYOND HERE LIES NOTHING
A disturbance in the bush alerted his attention, left ear flicked back with skull following close behind. Widened senses flared with lips parting it pick a labeling fragrance from the breeze. The sweet essence of a mare slipped through and small smile lightened his lips. This mistress was a fellow herdmate, brow narrowed but orbs remained gentle, a soft whinny escaped with soothing tone lacing forward to ease evident tension. Breathing remained quickened, due to effort just previously spent.

Her slender sand colored pelt came into sight, eyes found the pale horn before falling onto the dull blackness of said gaze, “Greetings,” he uttered softly. She seemed nervous, worry lines tightly stretching her face to the point of breakage, “You’re of the Throat?” A rhetorical question of course but it set a nice line for the next set of choice words, “I don’t believe I’ve had the privilege to meet you, my name is Midas,” carefully he added, “a soldier for our herd.” Warmed body turned to regard her fully, wings still loosely clinched to his sides.

Unregistered

With a big heart comes big love... But will you be able to handle it?

Cherie heard a soft whinny, too dark for a mare. Her black eyes widened in a non-knowing fear. 'A stallion!' she thought, and stopped in a movement. Even though the whinny probably was supposed to calm her down, she got a bit more freaked out.
Just as she started to back away, a pegasus came into her sight. The mare stopped once more. It must've been the pegasus who whinnied. Because who else were here?
She let out a soft snorting, finally calmed down. He didn't seem dangerous at all.
The little buckskin showed a shy smile, and looked at him with her coal colored eyes. She raised her head a bit, and listened to his simple words.

A soldier? She raised a 'brow, barely visible, and then smiled warm. A Throat-soldier, too. She had absolutely nothing to fear.
"Greetings, Midas." Her words were spoken with a warm tone on her tongue, just reviling her relief that he was a Throat-stallion. She took a small breath, and continued with the same tone on her voice:
"I'm a new member. The two mares Aure and Sierra brought me to the Throat not so long ago." A small blush appeared under her eyes, though it disappeared just as quick again. She felt shy in this stallion's company, but why? Then she remembered that she hadn't revealed her name.

"My name is Cherie, by the way."
The mare watched him, and observed his appearance. His eyes were absurdly yellow, with no visible pupils. Cherie almost questioned him about his eyes, but resisted slightly. Not yet.
The stallion's body was black and white with big, white wings that had a few yellow tips on the feathers. He was only a few centimeters taller than her, which made her satisfied.
'Nice with a stallion that's not tall as a tree.' she thought, and smiled at the words in her head. Her father had been tall, and the rest of the herd's male members as well. She quickly erased the memories.
Not the right moment to think about that now.

Word count: 344
OOC: -

Walk, walk, walk.
"Talk, talk, talk."
Think, think, think.

Ascended Helovian

Deceased

m i d a s
BEYOND HERE LIES NOTHING
Heart soared when orbs beheld her features soften and nerves flee with such a simple action as his kind smile. Honestly, it never took much to ease the fears of a true lady; gentleness and understanding were his ways. He had found a path laced in genuine love for others, to be one most rewarding if taken with care. Without passion, life was pointless. Without others, his purpose was meaningless. So, like the pure bred gentleman of few words that he was, a returning smile broke apart the darkness along his muzzle.

Her responding tones trailed like a soft melody, "Greetings, Midas."

Like dust upon a leaf, scattered by a rain drop; he could feel her warmth settle, and it relaxed him. "I'm a new member. The two mares Aure and Sierra brought me to the Throat not so long ago." Aure, he knew. But not Sierra. So many of his family remained shadowed, a throaty sigh arose and he thought, “I shall have to fix that.” Daring to step closer, but certainly not pushing his presence upon her, “Aure,” he uttered thoughtfully, “she is a good woman, I am glad that she and Sierra convinced you to join our growing herd,” honestly rang true.

"My name is Cherie, by the way."

Just as she watched his golden orbs move, he trailed gaze along the sharp weapon upon her forehead. A single ivory colored horn, sharpened to a fine point. Unicorns, they are common in his homeland so he wasn’t surprised by her features in the least. Politely he cast gaze elsewhere and happened to land back into the darkened corners of her eyes just as coloring fled female features, softly he responded, “It’s an honor to meet a lady such as you, Cherie.” Skull dipped at toward his chest, weight shifted along stretched hunches before his attention once again turned toward the giants before them, “If I might ask,” orbs turned at a glance, “What brings you this far out?”

Unregistered

She listened closely to his words. Aure. She really had to get a chance to get to know a bit more about that mare, she had been very nice to her.
The buckskin smiled as Midas bowed in front of her.
“It’s an honor to meet a lady such as you, Cherie.”
The little mare looked at him, and suddenly one thing came to her mind. Were all the Throat-stallions such gentlemen? She hoped so.
It would make everything much easier to take in, and it would make this herd look more like Mismerii - even if no herd could replace her now dead family.

Cherie watched the stallion as he came closer, but she stood still. Such a polite pegasus wouldn't hurt her, right?
She lowered her head a bit, and looked at the ground for a moment only to search for his eyes again. He was different with those yellow eyes, and she didn't know anyone with such color on their orbs. Did anyone else walk around with eyes without pupils? She had to found out, but not yet.
The shy buckskin raised her head again, careful where she pointed the pale horn in her forehead.
“If I might ask, what brings you this far out?”

She observed him for a moment, and then answered with the same voice as before;
"I wanted to explore the lands a bit. I've only been between the Treshold and the Throat. May I ask what you are doing here in this dark forest?"

Word count: 252
OOC: Sorry...

Walk, walk, walk.
"Talk, talk, talk."
Think, think, think.

Ascended Helovian

Deceased

m i d a s
BEYOND HERE LIES NOTHING
Had the lad been able to read her first pondering thoughts, he might have laughed out loud. ‘Nay,’ he would have said, ‘not all members of their herd were as genuinely pleasant as he.’ In fact, Midas might eventually get offended by another stealing what was quickly becoming his trademark. The kind and gentle stud. Nothing of what could be inner thoughts was shared with present company on either side. So, pleasantries would continue. She moved to answer his question, he flicked bannered appendage and listened politely to the lady speak.

"I wanted to explore the lands a bit. I've only been between the Treshold and the Throat. May I ask what you are doing here in this dark forest?"

He smiled again, flattered by her question that gave the appearance that she actually cared about his reasoning’s, “This land holds great beauty,” he said while glancing at mighty cliffs that lay before them, “I come to these high places for training, and to admire the true wild.” A northern breeze caught his mane and ruffled the dark layers across his withers, silky strands played with air for a moment before falling gracefully back down. Forelock fell forward with a dip of his skull toward neck, playfully he pranced forward a step or two, “Run with me Cherie,” tone drawled out a tad more seductively then he might have realized, half slited glass gold darted to her with a sheepish smile replacing his proper grin, “Run, and I will show you everything,” he added assertively. Foreleg rose, tawny hoof nipping air, hindquarters absorbed the shock of his weight. Body halfway rose from earth before touching back down and lunging northward.

Unregistered

"This land holds great beauty,"
The mare nodded, starting to relax more and more in the company of this unique stallion. He seemed to calm and soft, a natural behavior for Cherie to see.
Her copper colored strings of hair in her mane and tail shimmered slightly in the vague sunlight, making them stand out more than usual. They were the only feature on her small body that really stood out from her otherwise grey-toned colors.
Midas continued to speak, and the buckskin looked into his yellow eyes. 'Training... For what?' she thought, and then remembered that he was a soldier.

Of course he had to train. Who knew if this land would bring a war? Cherie had never been part of a war before, her herd had been peaceful and quite harmonized.
A change in movement caught the two black orbs and she observed his body. He was coming closer to her. Why?
And the following words scared her a bit.
"Run with me Cherie."
The mare stared at him, her heart beating a little faster. What did he mean? What was he doing?

"W-what?" Cherie stuttered, and backed away a step from the stallion. His voice had a seductive ring to it which didn't really have a positive effect on her.
"Run, and I will show you everything."
This just got more worse than before. She looked around, watching her steps as she backed away even more. The mare watched as the stallion rose up on his hind legs, rearing slightly before touching the ground once again.
"M-m-midas, what are you d-doing? W-what do you mean?"

The panic in her voice was clear and revealed her newborn fear. She had never even been close to a stallion in that kind of way.
What was she supposed to do now?

Word count: 301
OOC: Sorry for keeping you waiting :3

Walk, walk, walk.
"Talk, talk, talk."
Think, think, think.

Ascended Helovian

Deceased

m i d a s
BEYOND HERE LIES NOTHING
Everything seemed to be going well. His heart was light and troubled shores seemed as a distant acquaintance, the lad wanted to run and share this wondrous land with this new soul. But—as males always seemed to falter around emotionally charged women he was met with fear and distrust. Like a switch she turned from him, steps recoiled as if he had become a venomous snake.

"W-what?" Body stilled and moved no more, skull turned to regard her with surprise etched in the darkened corners of his features. The wild happiness he had previously felt for the simple joy of wanting to fly across the valley distinguished in his eyes as her fear scent drifted toward him.

"M-m-midas, what are you d-doing? W-what do you mean?"

The coltish play he had presented; fled with her words. Perhaps he had been mistaken to think she would trust him so easily and desire a run through the valley, so he could show her the landscape first hand. Or even that she thought kindly enough of him to want his company any longer. He couldn’t quite understand what had happened, or where it had all went wrong; but, she had asked for his reasoning so he would enlighten.

“My intentions were not to frighten,” he said softly, while frame remained fixed, “I sought only a desire to finish my run around this valley and with it give instruction on the contours of this land.” It all made clear sense to him, confusion for her fear was still evident, “If you don’t wish to travel the way I go, then that is fine,” unable to resist a whelping sigh he added, “But, know that I wouldn’t cause harm to you.” He forced body relaxed then, bannered appendages flipped idly across his hunches.

OOC: Your fine <'3

Unregistered

Her fear had been unnecessary. She noticed it right away in the stallions eyes. Cherie felt guilty and looked down. He was only being nice to her...
"My intentions were not to frighten, I sought only a desire to finish my run around this valley and with it give instruction on the contours of this land."
The mare raised her head and looked straight at him. Who was she to judge him like he was someone dangerous? He was just the soft and polite stallion that happened to get wrong tone on his voice before.
'I'm so stupid,' Cherie thought, and suddenly got embarrassed for her childish fear.

"If you don’t wish to travel the way I go, then that is fine, but, know that I wouldn’t cause harm to you."
Oh, now she felt even more guilty. What was wrong with her?
"I-i'm so sorry, Midas." She stuttered of shame, and looked down on the ground again. Her ears lied pressed to her neck and she had closed her eyes.
"I've never had a friend in my adult life, that's all, only as a filly... And I've never been close to a stallion." The small buckskin continued to look down, feeling the sadness roll in. This was a soldier, for god's sake. She could trust him, she should trust him.

"I want to go with you, I just misunderstood the tone in your voice before." Cherie looked up as she spoke, her eyes filled with newly found happiness. It covered up for the shame and sadness in the black orbs.
She took some steps towards the stallion, until she could nudge his neck. Her soft muzzle stroke the black fur on his coat as she came a little bit closer. She raised the muzzle closer to his ears, and whispered:
"Sorry that I didn't understand your meanings before."

Word count: 309
OOC: Cherie's got mood swings o.o or is it me?

Walk, walk, walk.
"Talk, talk, talk."
Think, think, think.

Ascended Helovian

Deceased

m i d a s
BEYOND HERE LIES NOTHING
Ears twisted back in discomfort. He would never understand the mind of a woman, and how they could fly so easy from one emotion and into the next. She appeared to be feeling some amount of remorse for her outburst of past feelings, head had lowered and she no longer looked at him. The tender part of him wanted to reach out to her, and hold as if cradling a precious child. A wiser, older part stood his body fast; if he were to reach out, and scare her again—all earned ground would be lost.

"I-I’m so sorry, Midas."

He flinched inwardly and shifted weight, her apology wasn’t necessary; it was him that had made her feel uncomfortable, and so it was him that should offer a genuine repentance, “Nay ma’ lady Cherie,” cranium bobbed and neck flexed to lower, “It is I who needs to apologize; I should have explained myself sooner.” Shoulder muscles tensed, “For that, I am truly sorry.”

"I've never had a friend in my adult life, that's all, only as a filly... And I've never been close to a stallion."

She didn’t have any friends? Orbs strained up with curious wondering, head rose as well. Her having no experience with men would explain an innocent reaction to his intentions—but at the same time, it was high time for her to start make reliable acquaintances.

"I want to go with you; I just misunderstood the tone in your voice before."

Miscommunication was a wondrous thing. She glanced up again, doe eyed; catching his gaze and holding it. Delicate shaped limbs took steps toward him, the muscles along his spine quivered. He stilled them, and held skull aloft; following her with his gaze with softening pits. Dun muzzle extended to gently wash his neck with warm breath, and nuzzle. Her touch was timid, craning neck round so that his skull was inches from her own and the white weapon that rode upon, he ignored her second apology and whispered back, “I promise....as long as I draw breath, this soul will never cause you harm,” cranium pushed forward and rested the center of his head into the very tip of her horn, “If you deem my words without weight,” staring into the pits of her blackened eyes he added solemnly, “You may run me through with this.”

It was his belief that trust was earned, by first showing trust.

Unregistered

His body-language made her even calmer, and his words made her blush a little - though not very visible.
"Nay ma’ lady Cherie, it is I who needs to apologize; I should have explained myself sooner. For that, I am truly sorry."
The mare looked straight into his eyes, her black orbs observing him closely.
Cherie was wondered by this stallion, with his strange accent and polite ways. She had never imagined that she would meet such a stallion, at least not here.

The heart in her chest was pumping fast, due to natural nervousness over being close to a stallion. Even though she felt calm, the nature of the young mare didn't allow her to relax completely.
After her soft whisper, she received a reply from Midas. Not exactly the reply she expected though.
"I promise....as long as I draw breath, this soul will never cause you harm,"
She was still holding here eyes on him, observing every move. Cherie watched as the winged stallion moved his skull to place the tip of her horn to his forehead. What was he doing?
"If you deem my words without weight, you may run me through with this."

The mare shivered as his words sunk into her. Her horn slowly moved away from his head, careful not to hurt him and damage his skin.
"I will not hurt you, Midas, because you earned my trust with those words." To risk getting impaled by a thirty centimeters-horn is brave, exactly what a soldier should be.
If her shy personality had been different, if she had been different at all, she could've run forward and crush his thick skull.
Cherie looked straight into his golden eyes, and smiled.

Word count: 285
OOC: ._.

Walk, walk, walk.
"Talk, talk, talk."
'Think, think, think.

Ascended Helovian

Deceased

m i d a s
BEYOND HERE LIES NOTHING
He was a soldier through and through, honorable actions led by his core belief. Some pondered it to be a self-proclamation that only drew weight when times were good. He believed otherwise. It was his nature, his choice of path in life. In this moment, such system was put to the test. Honestly, he was putting forth a great deal of trust, considering it wouldn’t take much for her to lean and jab his brain into a mushy substance.

Inhale held for the brief second while he was fully exposed to her choice, "I will not hurt you, Midas, because you earned my trust with those words." Pointed weapon moved from his cranium, only then did the air he was holding in his lungs dissipate. The decision of her sentence tugged at the corners of his lips in a returning grin. Unmoving, he softly asked, “Do you still have the desire to explore this territory?” At her word they could go romping though the land or he could fly on ahead. Either way, a friendship had been struck. Hopefully, it would grow.

Unregistered

Cherie heard him breathe out as she had removed her horn from his forehead and smiled even more. Even if she hadn't believed his words - she would never be able to kill anyone.
Her dark tail whipped as a fly tried to land on her rump, showing off the copper strings that shone so easily in the sun. The mare looked into his eyes, suddenly realizing that they were only a colored copy of her own.
Just like her eyes were pitch black, his were all yellow.

It almost made her laugh that she realized it first now. But feeling the serious tension in the air, slowly moving away, she resisted the urge.
"Do you still have the desire to explore this territory?"
The little buckskin nodded slightly with a smile on her brown lips, moving closer to the stallion.
Then she laughed.

Her shyness for this winged one had disappeared and her filly-self was re-discovered inside. She had a friend.
A friend.
The mare's laugh hadn't been heard in years by anyone, but now when the tones danced in the air she knew that she missed this feeling.
She looked at Midas, reared only to create a start for her gallop.
"Come on, then!" she laughed and ran off. She wasn't specially quick on her hooves, but she could run like most mustangs.

Word count: 280-ish
OOC: xD

Walk, walk, walk.
"Talk, talk, talk."
'Think, think, think.