the Rift

When hearts get tired CLOSED
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

m i d a s
BEYOND HERE LIES NOTHING
Ears twisted back in discomfort. He would never understand the mind of a woman, and how they could fly so easy from one emotion and into the next. She appeared to be feeling some amount of remorse for her outburst of past feelings, head had lowered and she no longer looked at him. The tender part of him wanted to reach out to her, and hold as if cradling a precious child. A wiser, older part stood his body fast; if he were to reach out, and scare her again—all earned ground would be lost.

"I-I’m so sorry, Midas."

He flinched inwardly and shifted weight, her apology wasn’t necessary; it was him that had made her feel uncomfortable, and so it was him that should offer a genuine repentance, “Nay ma’ lady Cherie,” cranium bobbed and neck flexed to lower, “It is I who needs to apologize; I should have explained myself sooner.” Shoulder muscles tensed, “For that, I am truly sorry.”

"I've never had a friend in my adult life, that's all, only as a filly... And I've never been close to a stallion."

She didn’t have any friends? Orbs strained up with curious wondering, head rose as well. Her having no experience with men would explain an innocent reaction to his intentions—but at the same time, it was high time for her to start make reliable acquaintances.

"I want to go with you; I just misunderstood the tone in your voice before."

Miscommunication was a wondrous thing. She glanced up again, doe eyed; catching his gaze and holding it. Delicate shaped limbs took steps toward him, the muscles along his spine quivered. He stilled them, and held skull aloft; following her with his gaze with softening pits. Dun muzzle extended to gently wash his neck with warm breath, and nuzzle. Her touch was timid, craning neck round so that his skull was inches from her own and the white weapon that rode upon, he ignored her second apology and whispered back, “I promise....as long as I draw breath, this soul will never cause you harm,” cranium pushed forward and rested the center of his head into the very tip of her horn, “If you deem my words without weight,” staring into the pits of her blackened eyes he added solemnly, “You may run me through with this.”

It was his belief that trust was earned, by first showing trust.
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
When hearts get tired CLOSED - by Midas - 09-11-2012, 11:14 AM
RE: When hearts get tired (Cherie/Open) - by Cherie - 09-11-2012, 12:17 PM
RE: When hearts get tired (Cherie/Open) - by Cherie - 09-16-2012, 05:45 AM
RE: When hearts get tired (Cherie/Open) - by Cherie - 09-21-2012, 01:29 PM
RE: When hearts get tired (Cherie/Open) - by Cherie - 09-27-2012, 01:11 AM
RE: When hearts get tired (Cherie/Open) - by Cherie - 09-27-2012, 11:43 PM
RE: When hearts get tired (Cherie/Open) - by Midas - 09-29-2012, 08:42 PM
RE: When hearts get tired (Cherie/Open) - by Cherie - 10-03-2012, 02:12 PM
RE: When hearts get tired (Cherie/Open) - by Cherie - 10-12-2012, 10:21 AM