the Rift

[RANDOM EVENT] :: MURDER IN HELOVIA :: Clue IX

Archibald the Dauntless Posts: 386
Absent Abyss atk: 6.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Equine :: 18.3 hh :: 10 years HP: 80 | Buff: SHIELD
Loretta :: Alaskan Malamute :: Time Slip Time

I have so much to say but you're so far away

Loretta inspected the bite which appeared to have ended Circe's life. It was a marked bite with two deeper puncture wounds interrupted by the dull teeth of an equine, ripped at by the pink mare that had been here before. The bitch had seen her bound away, fleeing from the scene. Rage rippled across the cur's chest and she snarled, shaking her head. If the pink mare had been here, Loretta would have torn her limb from limb for such indignant actions. How dare she! Moved by the anger as she was, Loretta needed to tend to her family. Moving, Loretta touched her nose to Eytan's shoulder, thanking the bear in her own way for being there. Eytan meant Ktulu, and Ktulu meant support for Archibald. A sigh escaped Loretta's mouth, rage mixing once more with utter sorrow.

Archibald continued to calm his daughter as she planted herself at his hooves. Golden eyes could not drink her in as fast as he wanted to. She was beautiful, perfect in Circe's demise. How the Shadowmere would have loved this precious angel. The thoughts of his mate, laying cold just feet from him, unable to see her daughter nearly moved him to tears again. Dark lashes, however, blinked them to submission. Clearing his throat, Archibald looked up to see his sons more clearly. "I am sorry, my boys." It was all he could say. He was sorry, sorry that he could not protect Circe. He had failed. Pain continued to hammer at his heart, beating the feeling organ into a pulp. Archibald swallowed back a lump, lifting his head to watch as others came in.

The first mare Archibald did not know, but the recognition that flashes across her eyes when she looked at Abraham did not give the Dauntless comfort. He did not trust this stranger, and he did not want his daughter to drink from her, should she attempt to harm the filly. The second voice that chimed was not any better in Archibald's mind. He only knew the blue winged mare to be volatile. Ampere. That was her name. Archibald had silenced her in the caves during the wraith plague, when he met the company he soon led with Gaucho in the W.A.R efforts. Archibald swallowed again, eyes cloudy with his thoughts, unreadable to those that did not know him. Archibald was not afraid of anything, especially sharing his desires for the future of those in his charge--his warriors and the like. However, this creature, so helpless and delicate beneath his titan frame, was altogether too different. He did not want the girl to have to leave him, and he certainly did not want to place her with a stranger. Reginald piped in, then, thinking over the closeness of the Throat versus the Falls, and asking his father if he could accompany the filly. The Keep her safe. Archibald's eyes narrowed some, the thought of his daughter leaving his side making bile rise in this throat.

Before Archibald can word his peace, however, Ktulu is at his side. He feels her touch him, hears her whisper, and it sends a wave of comfort down his spine. Of all of Helovia, Ktulu was his closest and dearest friend. She was always there to support him, especially now in the time of his loss. Archibald nodded his head in agreement. "My daughter must drink now. Thank you for your kindness." Archibald lowered his massive head down to muzzle the weak, slate-colored girl. However, a familiar voice chimed in behind him. Archibald turned his attention on the winged mare, her familiar green eyes kind. Thank the gods. Alysanne was a member of his herd, someone he trusted with her position on the council. He had not known any ill-feeling to ever harbor in her heart or strike from her hoof, and that made the Dauntless feel relieved. "Alysanne, you savior." Archibald's face relaxed and he closed his eyes a moment, a breath of his newly felt relief falling onto Macaria's back. He nudged the youngling, stimulating her to stand. Should she comply, the Dauntless would maneuver her towards Alysanne.

"Reginald, Abraham," Archibald started, turning his golden eyes to his sons, "She needs our protection, our care, our guidance. The best way for us to give her that is for her to stay with me, in the Edge. She is too small to cross the river that cuts from the ocean, separating this place from the Throat. The travel around the river is great compared to the travel the World's Edge. Alysanne is kind and wise, she is the leader of the healers in my herd, and I desire for Macaria to find nourishment with her, while I am able to protect her fully and unhindered by politics." Golden eyes moved between the boys, waiting for anger to flare up within his volatile grey eyed prince. The boy, with Mandrake's eyes, wanted to shepherd over the girl, and he was so willing to take her to the Throat. Archibald needed his sons to see the logic in this. "She needs to be with me, and you two are welcome in my lands." Archibald finished, lowering his muzzle again to gently massage Macaria and lead her to Alysanne's milk.

Image Credits

Through the ages of time
I've been known for my hate,
but I'm a dealer of simple choices;
for me it's never too late.

please tag me

Messages In This Thread
:: MURDER IN HELOVIA :: Clue IX - by Official - 01-18-2015, 12:09 AM
RE: :: MURDER IN HELOVIA :: Clue IX - by Macaria - 01-18-2015, 12:10 AM
RE: :: MURDER IN HELOVIA :: Clue IX - by Hotaru - 01-18-2015, 12:14 AM
RE: :: MURDER IN HELOVIA :: Clue IX - by Reginald - 01-18-2015, 12:15 AM
RE: :: MURDER IN HELOVIA :: Clue IX - by Official - 01-18-2015, 12:19 AM