the Rift

[OPEN] !! Riverside

Laedere Posts: 84
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3hh :: 5 years old (Frostfall birthday)
Ardere :: Plain Dolphin Leviathan :: Boil Abba
Laedere
❈ when you go home everything looks different ❈
I don't know how long I stood there, listening to the roar of the Falls and allowing a blanker gaze to penetrate the area. No one seemed to be coming, though. There wasn't the rustle of leaves or foliage from the onslaught of hooves that should be coming if there were other horses. And, there wasn't the ever faint beating (so much like a heartbeat that resounded in my ears) of wings that called to the arrival of a pegasus.

Perhaps I stood there for hours, wings clasped to my sides and head low, complacently resting outside the border. I did not wish to disturb them and I wasn’t even sure what I would have said if they had come and I hadn't known them. I had been hiding these past months, keeping myself well and starting to learn my way across these lands. You see, it still hurt that I did not have the endowment of a normal avian with this cavity in my wing. I desired the tangibility of the wind as it clung to my mane, causing it to dance around in an intricate game of give and take.

However, the waiting did cease as someone materialized from behind the monstrous waterfall. It seemed as if she had come from the mists, though I knew she hadn't actually been created from them. And the ethereal form of dapples and defect easily placed itself in my cognizance as we both took a few nimble steps forward to meet. An affable smile curved at the corners of my lips as Africa uttered my name. "Africa!" I crooned, my ears flickering forward to listen to her inquiry about my feathered appendage. "Mine wing hath been quite convalescent as of late. It shan't regenerate but it has settled to scar." A wistful sigh escaped my mouth before I twisted my cranium up to the skies. "Art ye well, too? Thine figure is complimentary, after what mineself would assume to be a respite from thee's harsh sands? Mineself hath returned and I pray that Midas might accept mine presence in his herd - to aid as he deemed fit…"

But the question was, really, if they would allow me into their protective embrace and take up what little I could truly offer. So, carefully, I allowed my gaze to sink back down to meet Africa's, joy glinting across my orbs. I… wanted to have somewhere to call home.

"Laedere speaking." | Thoughts/others speaking.

any other Falls members can join if you really wanna meet her ;3

Coding || Image Credit

Messages In This Thread
!! Riverside - by Laedere - 01-18-2015, 01:56 AM
RE: !! Riverside - by Africa - 01-21-2015, 05:57 AM
RE: !! Riverside - by Laedere - 01-22-2015, 09:47 PM
RE: !! Riverside - by Africa - 01-28-2015, 10:23 PM
RE: !! Riverside - by Laedere - 02-01-2015, 12:30 AM
RE: !! Riverside - by Africa - 02-07-2015, 01:48 AM
RE: !! Riverside - by Laedere - 02-07-2015, 02:49 PM
RE: !! Riverside - by Africa - 02-09-2015, 06:58 AM
RE: !! Riverside - by Laedere - 02-25-2015, 12:46 AM