the Rift

[OPEN] Fear is what we Learn
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

MIDAS
THE POISONED YOUTH
Patrolling. Yar, the task was mundane, redundant, predictable. (On most days.) Say true, I personally enjoyed ensuring that our borders were free of trouble. Tis comforting to know that all was well in the world just beyond our cliffs and waterfalls. But even a steadfast, patrolling king needed a few hours of rest/sleep; which as of late was becoming easier to obtain. Fewer nightmares, and with no recent trouble from Basin...peace seemed just over the horizon. Yet I'm wary, expecting this brief lapse of joy to be fleeting; all too soon dying in a bed of cold ash.

While I slept, Fina takes notice of the trio at our border upon returning from a hunt. She soars over to my cliffside lookout at a leisurely pace, aiming to inform me that a Basin lady stood at our doorstep. "Midas." Heavy lids rise, revealing a sleepy haze that is darkened by the shadow of yon rock under which I'd been dozing. I frown and repeated,"Basin?" Strange how one word could cause such obvious strain to slip into my tone. Neve stirred from a makeshift nest behind my nape, she poked free to peer out.

From on high I lean over the edge to catch a glimpse of our pale visitor and the dark pelt of Fall's Legatus, with his new daughter close at heel. Gems sharpen, recalling the image and name of our visitor. Arah had come to make good on my offer. Honeyed pinions spread from their holster, the muscles flexed fluidly until each feathered appendage began to balloon with air. With practiced grace I abandoned the mountain and glided into the brisk Birdsong air with every intent on sliding down to meet them.

Fina watched me leave, silent and content on remaining perched above and beyond earshot of this gathering. Aye, she wasn't much for company. Neve decided to stick around, she dug those razor sharp talons deeper when I pitched forward and carried us down to the soft turf. The pale Zephry rose, filled with curiosity when I alighted a dozen or so yards away with a welcoming beam already sliding across my face, "Hail, Legatus," gaze slipped to his daughter, softening. Closing the distance between us I returned my attention to the silvery woman and her snowy companion, "Arah," her name glides easily and with fond remembrance, "Welcome to Hidden Falls."
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
Fear is what we Learn - by Arah - 01-18-2015, 06:22 PM
RE: Fear is what we Learn - by Rostislav - 01-19-2015, 10:29 PM
RE: Fear is what we Learn - by Vitani - 01-20-2015, 01:16 PM
RE: Fear is what we Learn - by Arah - 01-20-2015, 09:55 PM
RE: Fear is what we Learn - by Rostislav - 01-20-2015, 10:52 PM
RE: Fear is what we Learn - by Midas - 01-22-2015, 12:06 AM
RE: Fear is what we Learn - by Vitani - 01-25-2015, 10:12 PM