Absent Abyss
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.3 :: 2 Years :: Birdsong
Semper
H
E
R
T
Z
Bolts of excitement raced through my frame as I once again snuck away from my mother and brother, honestly, I wished Aakesh would join me on more adventures, but he seemed quite content spending his time playing around ma. One day I would make it my goal to drag the purple spotted colt away from our resting ma so we can go out and cause trouble together, like partners in crime. But for now I supposed I would have to be content in remaining a solo opperator, covering the lands of the Throat on my own, a little bit at a time because right now I wasn't able to go very far without my stomach trying to tear me apart from the inside out with hunger. Navy stained ears flicked back into the hairs that would one day form a thick mane as dark as the points on my legs, trying to push away the thoughts of hunger so early on my adventure.
It was too soon to be thinking of anything other than the kind of trouble that I could manage to get myself into. Last time was fairly calm, even though it seemed like I was the topic of the adult's arguing, I personally behaved to the best of my abilities. You know, other than the fact that I had ran off and deserted my family for the day. No big deal. Rather I had met the beautiful sky mare, Cirrus and the tall, bossy stallion Bucephalus who held some kind of rank in our herd. At this point in my life, rank meant little to nothing, he was larger than I was so it meant I had to listen to him. Aakesh was older than I, but I was slightly larger so I made sure it was known that I was the one in charge.
A snort blew through my dark stained paper thins as my infantile chest puffed out with pride. I was the larger brother, hopefully it would continue that way as we grew and one day I would become a great warrior in the herd that I imagined I would remain in until I returned to the earth a pile of dust. Childish musings were cut short when the sound of voices, one deep and manly and one more childish wafted across the dunes. Along with their voices came the smell of fresh water and growing grass, a smile pulled at a the right corner of my dark stained kissers as I turned in that direction excited for the water to play in...but more so curious as to who the childish voice belonged too. Grown ups were of little concern to me as a young one meant someone new to play with and eventually boss around.
Unless it was a girl.
Girls were meant for complimenting and winning over with words rather than bossing around.
Baby blues searched the horizon as I crested the dune to the oasis, settling on who I assumed to be the owners of the voices as I couldn't find any others that seemed young enough for such a childish voice. Puffing out my chest slightly I headed in the direction of the massive stallion and the smaller, painted filly with interesting blue markings beneath her eyes. The name of the chestnut was lost on me, his sheer size was something I would have remembered if I had met the beast before, and the filly was something beautiful and different from the others, no way I would have forgotten a face like that already. A smile tugged at both corners of my kissers, offering a rare full smile rather than the smirk that seemed to be constantly on my features, as I drew closer to the couple.
"Good morning!" My childish voice only a few octaves deeper than the filly's breaking into the slight breeze making it's way over the clear waters of the Oasis. "I'm Hertz! Who are you two??" Saphires flicked back and forth between the two for a moment before settling between them, curious as to who would speak up first and if the pretty filly would turn out to be a new playmate in my huge sandbox.

"Speech here."
Tag;; Hector
Words;; 697
Notes;; <3 e.e sorry for the retag, I was copying my code and accidentally hit save instead of cancel.
Image Credit

Messages In This Thread
Heralding the dawn (Joining) - by Hector - 01-19-2015, 12:16 AM
RE: Heralding the dawn (Joining) - by Isara - 01-19-2015, 11:16 PM
RE: Heralding the dawn (Joining) - by Hertz - 01-21-2015, 08:59 PM
RE: Heralding the dawn (Joining) - by Hector - 01-29-2015, 01:58 PM
RE: Heralding the dawn (Joining) - by Isara - 01-30-2015, 12:35 AM
RE: Heralding the dawn (Joining) - by Hertz - 02-01-2015, 07:24 PM