the Rift

[OPEN] !! Different for Girls

Resplendence Posts: 466
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1 hh :: eight (ages in frostfall) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Valiance :: Common Red Dragon :: Fire Breath Abba
Resplendence
it's what you feel but can't articulate outloud

A laugh. Valiance laughed. The little tiny creature with no predatory instincts was bleating at the fire breathing dragon. It was an awkward laugh. More like a clicking hiss, but if you looked in his eyes you could see the amusement that came from him.

It didn't last long, though, for the antlered horse was tilting his head to the side (bells jingling - yes JINGLING - in the process). He had to be from the north. He had to be from the Basin. Sent to maime her - sent to find a way to invade. Right? Why else would he use such terms? She still couldn't understand the truce the Edge had made with the Basin after they had invaded them on some kind of nasty whim. Oh, she didn't know the reason - no. She just knew that the Basin and the Grey had attacked and ruined them. They had started to tear her family apart. They had messed with the only thing she had and now… now they were GONE.

He spoke, though, and explained the term used. "Y-yes. He is m-mine. I-I'm sorry." she said, knowing that Valiance had gotten better. At least he wasn't trying to burn first and ask questions later like he had since he realized he could breathe fire. Then, he claims that he will not bring harm to her, and upon closer examination she finds no scents that dwell from the north - no remnants of the cold. And he backs up. As she watches him she realizes that he really isn't trying to harm her, she just doesn't know what she should believe anymore.

The hatred is killing her. It's eating her from the inside out because they just can't understand. She shuffles, swallowing a little as Valiance offers a few chirps, "Speak. He mean, I burn." he reminded her - offering his bonded as much strength as he could. A few more breaths and then she allows her maw to open. "R-Resplendence. My-my name is Resplendence," she whispered, and Valiance gently whisked his tail across her withers to urge her to offer his name. "Th-this is Valiance. He's… very protective…" she tried to explain, eyes diverted to the ground as she took in a deep breath.

"Strong. Res strong."

Credits: Image by Schwartze @ DA
When I'm ready to fall
You're the one always holding me up
With love

Messages In This Thread
!! Different for Girls - by Resplendence - 01-19-2015, 09:50 PM
RE: !! Different for Girls - by Kvothe - 01-19-2015, 10:11 PM
RE: !! Different for Girls - by Resplendence - 01-19-2015, 11:11 PM
RE: !! Different for Girls - by Kvothe - 01-19-2015, 11:21 PM
RE: !! Different for Girls - by Resplendence - 01-19-2015, 11:47 PM
RE: !! Different for Girls - by Kvothe - 01-20-2015, 12:01 AM