the Rift

[OPEN] !! Different for Girls

Kvothe Posts: 62
Outcast
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.3 hh :: 6 || Frostfall
Elodin :: Dik-Dik :: None Tribs
Image Credit

Kvothe & Elodin

I think of myself... as a troubadour, a village storyteller, the guy in the shadows of the campfire.
- Louis L'Amour

My actions in giving the mare a decent berth seem to have paid off, for she does not run as I had feared. Her words confirmed what I had already suspected, and I bowed my head to the firedrake on her back.

Elodin hears the hissy laugh of the serpent, and every little hair on his hide fluffs in childish indignation, and he promptly turns his back to the dragon and flashes his tail. His little display of 'I-can't-give-a-rat's-ass' when I can sense the deep-rooted fear in his core is so amusing, I cannot help the laugh that rolls from my lips. "Resplendence. A fair name." T'was truth, I thought the name rather pretty.

"I am Kvothe, and my friend here is named Elodin." I introduce us, and when Elodin refuses to show courtesy I cuff the back of his head with the tip of my tail, a stern look across my features. He huffs and dips his head to the pair, then promptly returns to 'ignoring' them.

I shake my head, then look back to her. "Forgive him, he is young." As if that explained everything, which, in a way, it did. Youth brought such folly...

"Pray, tell me Resplendence, and forgive me for being so forward... but what has you on edge?" I ask as gently as I can, wary of spooking this mare...or pissing off her dragon. My gaze flickers to him, and I can take a moment to appreciate his complexity. He is not like the firedrakes of the mountains; vicious, slithering wyrms with hardly a thought beyond fire and death. Creatures of such malice that I broke my own vow of peace to aid in the killing of one such beast.

It's death haunts me, but it was unavoidable. Dragons were deadly, horrifying creatures... but this one seems contrary to that proven belief. I yearned to learn more about him, about why he did not take after his larger kin. But asking such would be a rudeness I could not do, so I withheld my tongue and bided my time.

Messages In This Thread
!! Different for Girls - by Resplendence - 01-19-2015, 09:50 PM
RE: !! Different for Girls - by Kvothe - 01-19-2015, 10:11 PM
RE: !! Different for Girls - by Resplendence - 01-19-2015, 11:11 PM
RE: !! Different for Girls - by Kvothe - 01-19-2015, 11:21 PM
RE: !! Different for Girls - by Resplendence - 01-19-2015, 11:47 PM
RE: !! Different for Girls - by Kvothe - 01-20-2015, 12:01 AM
RE: !! Different for Girls - by Resplendence - 01-20-2015, 12:40 AM
RE: !! Different for Girls - by Kvothe - 01-24-2015, 06:40 PM
RE: !! Different for Girls - by Resplendence - 01-25-2015, 01:42 AM
RE: !! Different for Girls - by Kvothe - 01-26-2015, 11:32 PM
RE: !! Different for Girls - by Resplendence - 01-27-2015, 12:04 AM