the Rift

[OPEN] !! Different for Girls

Resplendence Posts: 466
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1 hh :: eight (ages in frostfall) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Valiance :: Common Red Dragon :: Fire Breath Abba
Resplendence
it's what you feel but can't articulate outloud

The doe-like creature does not seem to like Valiance's laugh and seems to give a more indignant answer - only causing the unicorn himself to laugh. Alas, the bow of a head from the unicorn to Valiance seems to appease her companion, who fluffs up a little with his pride - glad to be shown respect even though he had barely shown some to the one giving it to him. The unicorn says that her name is fair, and a gentle (though very weak and tiny) smile manages to curl up the edges of her lips. Then, he introduces himself - almost forcing the little one to give a bow in greeting and then went back to refusing to acknowledge their presence.

Honestly, Valiance could care less that the little thing wanted to ignore him. It meant he got more attention. Still, Res only managed a stiff nod. "It's fine. Pleasure to meet you," she said throat tight as she flickered back up toward his gaze, listening to the sound of his voice as he spoke again.

But, what he asked surprised her. A little take aback she blinked, swallowing hard. No one had asked her that. No one had cared and yet she found the caring in a complete and total stranger. "Years of being tossed aside, too weak to fight, and seeing too many with horns trying to take over that which I call my home after losing so much." She pauses, head tossed low, eyes closed as she clenches her jaw. She shudders a breath, Valiance clicking in disapproval of where this conversation was going. "I suppose it doesn't matter though - I'm always on edge. Everything's always scared me." Except blood and injury. She could be calm in the face of injury after watching Rowan die. She had learned how to be strong there.

She takes in another breath and manages to steel her gaze regardless of the fact that her body still trembled in uncertainty. "It'll never change. And I'm not sure why you even care - you don't even know me," only Valiance truly knew her anymore. Sadness swarmed the anger, drowning it in the pain as she pressed her maw to her golden locket that was supposed to bring Quilyan back to her when she needed him. But he wasn't here. He hadn't been here. And she needed him to be here - to prove that her family hadn't left her in the dust to rot.

Credits: Image by Schwartze @ DA
When I'm ready to fall
You're the one always holding me up
With love

Messages In This Thread
!! Different for Girls - by Resplendence - 01-19-2015, 09:50 PM
RE: !! Different for Girls - by Kvothe - 01-19-2015, 10:11 PM
RE: !! Different for Girls - by Resplendence - 01-19-2015, 11:11 PM
RE: !! Different for Girls - by Kvothe - 01-19-2015, 11:21 PM
RE: !! Different for Girls - by Resplendence - 01-19-2015, 11:47 PM
RE: !! Different for Girls - by Kvothe - 01-20-2015, 12:01 AM
RE: !! Different for Girls - by Resplendence - 01-20-2015, 12:40 AM