the Rift

[OPEN] !! Different for Girls

Kvothe Posts: 62
Outcast
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.3 hh :: 6 || Frostfall
Elodin :: Dik-Dik :: None Tribs
Image Credit

Kvothe & Elodin

I think of myself... as a troubadour, a village storyteller, the guy in the shadows of the campfire.
- Louis L'Amour

I'm flabbergasted, even more so when Resplendence lays down beside him, blocking the water from hitting him. It is then I feel it, how smug he is, and a smirk crosses my features. Ohoho, so maybe not so much compassionate as I had thought. That, however, was a lie, for the smug sensation vanished when Elodin felt Resplendence lay beside him. And how did he thank her?

He raised his little head, bleated at her with his ears back. He waited, watching her before once more his head dropped...and this time he truly did fall asleep. I shake my head gently, bells tinkling before I move a bit closer, enough that I felt comfortable with the distance between myself and my companion, 'ere I folded my own legs and sank to the sand.

Res's voice draws my attention, and my head turns to look at her. "Almost a season, come a week or so into summer." A season... was he already that old? I looked back at him with amusement and tenderness. My little prince was growing rapidly...but not in height. Nay, I shed all hopes of him growing taller, into a full-sized deer right then and there. I had a hunch that he would forever remain small, whether that was his breed or a birth defect I did not know and did not bother questioning.

"They grow quick... You should have been there when he hatched. The second he drew air he let out a screech loud 'nough that I swear to this day the gods themselves jumped in shock." I offer a light grin, and although that was a mild exaggeration... He had been QUITE loud.

Still was.

In fact....

His silence, his niceness, made me wonder precisely what my little prince had in mind. But right now, he is innocent and sweet, a wonderful facade. His legs twitch, and then... then begins the snoring.

Yep. There it is.

I look to Resplendence, offering a faint smile and shrug in apology at Elodin's snoring, loud enough that it didn't quite seem like such a little thing should be making such a noise. I've gotten used to falling asleep before him, lest I get no sleep from his loudness right by my ears.

Messages In This Thread
!! Different for Girls - by Resplendence - 01-19-2015, 09:50 PM
RE: !! Different for Girls - by Kvothe - 01-19-2015, 10:11 PM
RE: !! Different for Girls - by Resplendence - 01-19-2015, 11:11 PM
RE: !! Different for Girls - by Kvothe - 01-19-2015, 11:21 PM
RE: !! Different for Girls - by Resplendence - 01-19-2015, 11:47 PM
RE: !! Different for Girls - by Kvothe - 01-20-2015, 12:01 AM
RE: !! Different for Girls - by Resplendence - 01-20-2015, 12:40 AM
RE: !! Different for Girls - by Kvothe - 01-24-2015, 06:40 PM
RE: !! Different for Girls - by Resplendence - 01-25-2015, 01:42 AM
RE: !! Different for Girls - by Kvothe - 01-26-2015, 11:32 PM
RE: !! Different for Girls - by Resplendence - 01-27-2015, 12:04 AM