the Rift

[OPEN] Did that JUST happen?!

Macaria Posts: 57
Outcast
Mare :: Unicorn :: 17 hh :: Three Years [Birdsong]
Psilo

Macaria

Palest Shadow; Darkest Light

I wish I remembered this too! Well, as more than the sensation it is, the dreams I often have of flying high amongst the clouds, weightless and free, a tropical bird of paradise gamboling about the heavens-- before those gorgeous dreams are smudged, ruined beyond all recognition by the residue of black and death, shadows and gloom, gloom, gloom.

I was not a bird of paradise, however. I was still a filly, tiny and bony, helpless and small; it was only that I was borne in the air suddenly, soaring against all wingless odds. My Brothers told me it had been a harpy, a gruesome creature of big, big wings and serrated claws that gripped me tight around my middle. I remember that pain, too, but it mingles with other things, and I cannot for the life of me remember a harpy’s face.

Oh, Father. Oh Abraham; Reginald! How afraid they must’ve been for me—how full of terror they would have been in that moment of heartache, having just lost…my mother…and about to lose me as well! I shrieked—oh well, I think I did. I suppose I should have shrieked then, confused and still so hungry and now in pain, oblivious to the sky just as I was oblivious to the land.

All this fear and hunger and feathers—all of it would only end up becoming a dream one day, and a tall-tale that my brothers would tell me to help me sleep better at night.

[This will be the only time I post Macaria to this thread!]

talk talk talk

image credits

Messages In This Thread
Did that JUST happen?! - by NPC - 01-20-2015, 01:35 AM
RE: Did that JUST happen?! - by Ampere - 01-20-2015, 01:48 AM
RE: Did that JUST happen?! - by Abraham - 01-20-2015, 02:04 AM
RE: Did that JUST happen?! - by Macaria - 01-20-2015, 02:22 AM
RE: Did that JUST happen?! - by Reginald - 01-21-2015, 01:18 AM
RE: Did that JUST happen?! - by Archibald - 01-22-2015, 11:44 AM