the Rift

[PRIVATE] Withering Flame...

Megaera the Sunspear Posts: 306
Absent Abyss atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15 h :: 8 [Birdsong] HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Gwaihir :: Golden Eagle :: None Laine
Megaera
The old man looked terrible, thin and tired, covered in scars and sweat. Meg had never though much of her own mortality, hadn’t been given a reason to until now. The Throat was a young herd, full of foals and even the adults, save a few were none too advanced in age. Her years were stretched out before her and it was easier for the young warrior to see herself meeting their end in battle rather that the slow pull of years into old age.

Now she looked on the stallion and felt a tug of compassion. The pattern of scars told that his years had not been idly spent, but how he seemed to move stiffly. No longer a fighter for the body had finally decided to give it up, though she imagined his mind wished it otherwise. She wondered at the stories he might tell, and she would be eager to hear of the history of her home but it seemed impolite to pester him with childish questions.

His question was spot on, yes, she was troubled, but how much could she put into words? She had a pride that clung her insecurities close to her breast but there was something in the old eyes that softened her; he wouldn’t judge her fears…

Moving to stand beside him, Meg stretched out the dark feathers of her large wing to shade the old stallion. She loved the heat, gloried in it, but knew his bedraggled coat must be terribly uncomfortable in the approach of Tallsun. “Yes… I suppose I am troubled but I don’t know if there are any answers for them.” her words were hesitant, quiet but the trepidation did not entirely cover the companionable tone she always tried for. “I love this heard, I want to be a help to it, to protect it, but I don’t know if I am able.” The last word came out in a heavy sigh, and the sharp pinch of frustration eased a bit with that admission.

Like it had been with Gaucho on several occasions, the simple presence of an ear for her worries pulled them out of her. If there was something that the little warrior did not have, it was secrecy. If she was troubled, she said it; if she was happy, it was made known. It was when these emotions became so jumbled in her head that it was easiest to get them out of her lips. Talking them through helped to sort out the brain that worked too fast for her body. Only when her head was clear could she begin understand in her heart.
faithful like a soldier
Image Credit
FAC FORTIA ET PATERE
be brave and endure
:: permission given for use of magic and force :: please tag Megaera in all posts ::

Messages In This Thread
Withering Flame... - by NPC - 01-21-2015, 05:35 PM
RE: Withering Flame... - by Megaera - 01-21-2015, 06:58 PM
RE: Withering Flame... - by NPC - 01-21-2015, 09:01 PM
RE: Withering Flame... - by Megaera - 01-23-2015, 06:41 PM
RE: Withering Flame... - by NPC - 02-26-2015, 02:34 PM