the Rift

[JUDGED] SO FRIGHTENING dragons and lightning

Ampere The Mother of Companions Posts: 719
Dragon's Throat Sultana atk: 9 | def: 11 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14 hh :: 6 years HP: 73 | Buff: DANCE
Kygo :: Green Cheek Conure :: None Blu
ampere</style>
Although so different at first look, Ampere and Amaris had a lot more in common than either of them realized. It was apparent enough in the way the golden girl had a natural affinity for war, born a fighter even if she didn't wear it by name. She had to be, to fight the demons that raged on inside. Both of them battled with themselves on a daily basis, equally combating the world. It was a shame they used their energy to fight each other, rather than the darkness that seeped in at the edges of the horizon and in their hearts.

Sometimes you had to fight friends, to be strong enough to fight your enemies. Ampere did not seek to maim the dragon, only to test her, to know her in this most intimate of ways. In doing so they would both be lifted up, hardened and fortified with the dust of the desert and the sweat of their spar.

Ampere smiled against the rough scales of the dragon-girl, invigorated by the strength she found when she'd reached out, looking. Although she had no right to it, Ampere felt pride for this spitfire of a mare. The feeling swelled as Amaris took the surprisingly bold decision to push into her, rather than retreat from her onslaught. Ampere's delight could not withstand the girl's might however, and though their close proximity didn't give Amaris the strength she needed to fully uproot Ampere from the sandy surface, she certainly had the power to drive the Gladiator back.

Ampere's hind legs grappled with the red dust as she dug in to try and resist the dragon titan, but having just regained her balance, and not being as solidly built, Ampere was forced to resign to the fate of stepping back, of giving ground like a coward. Gritting her teeth with well contained anger Ampere swung abruptly to her right, an attempt at breaking the force as well as seeking relief. The musculature in her chest unable to maintain the charade of fortitude and balance; it still ached with the residual damage that was stiffening with every stride she pushed it through. Although she'd gained plenty of stamina in her line of work, Ampere couldn't play this game forever, least of all with her ragged forehand.

Amaris seemed to have similar thoughts of ending this, choosing to go out with a flare.

Before she could even register what she was seeing, fire descended upon the left of Ampere, its warmth preceding its hurt. Swift, merciless, the dragon fire fled on the heels of Ampere's turn, and spurred her into forward momentum. Likely still close to one another, Amaris certainly provided a nice shield of flesh and scale, but it didn't keep the flames from licking at Ampere's ass, even as she tucked it and bolted forward as quickly as her small, stout body could carry her. Fire lit up the inside of her thighs; a very outward source of heat than the internal one she was accustomed to in that region. An indignant squeal erupted from Ampere's nostrils as her head dropped between her bruised, ruined chest, the counterweight motion giving her hind legs the freedom to sail outward. It was an instinctual reaction to the pain she felt back there, and it was shortened by the staggering agony that flooded in her chest as she forced her weight onto it fully. Her hind hooves shot out fast and furious, but low and light, nearest to Amaris' left hind.

Meanwhile embers crawled up Ampere's tail, while smoke wafted off her posterior feathering. Though hard to notice, the black hairs on her coup had been singed away to reveal her black skin beneath, raw and aggravated by its naked exposure to the extreme desert. If not attended to quickly, the burn could cause later damage to her flesh, drying and cracking it. They were done here, thank the gods!

"Enough!" Ampere croaked, winded, as she landed from her impromptu buck, finishing off a few paces away while she'd reigned in her kinetic energy and her hurt. "You fight well," she praised upon turning to set the blue of her gaze upon the golden dragon, "but I wish it was me you were fighting." Ampere's head tilted, perplexed with the disciple before her. She'd noticed, now in the aftermath of it all, that Amaris had warned her with a shout (confusing noise in the midst of it all), and had used her own body to purposefully block Ampere. She'd been fighting something else out there, but regardless of what or who it was, the mare was a spitfire. "You're welcome to be a warrior of mine any day." Ampere grinned.

A: 3/3
D: 0/0
W: /800

YOUR POST

I was really blown away by your post! I thought you did an excellent job all around with portraying solid, constant emotion, and a great, well detailed attack! I had a hard time actually figuring out how to respond to it, keeping to my damage roll.

With that in mind though I do think the judges might nail you for taking too much damage, since you end your post saying Amaris takes some of her own attack (which is awesome), but I felt she already sustained enough damage just from Ampere's attack in this post. You either should have lessened Ampere's damage to her, or made your writing more open ended for Amaris to potentially take the damage from the fire next post.

Your prose was lovely in this too, some really awesome quotes in here <3

MY POST

As I said above I had a hard time figuring out what I could realistically do to fit for my damage roll of 2, because your attack was killer! I might still get nailed for some unrealistic maneuvering as it is, more so timing wise than anything, but hopefully I explained it fully enough - at this point it's taken me days to get this reply up so I'm ready to finish and be happy that I got my word count wrangled under 800 lol.

You can see I included some breed references again, trying to use them to explain Ampere's reasonings and actions, and similarly I had her injury affecting her here (you did great with your injuries in your post!). I probably could have done more with the surroundings, but I wanted to focus on giving myself room to explain my evasion and maintain some emotion through the post.

I CAME HERE TO PARTY AND MESS SHIT UP.</style>

image credits

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

Messages In This Thread
SO FRIGHTENING dragons and lightning - by Ampere - 01-21-2015, 10:12 PM
RE: SO FRIGHTENING dragons and lightning - by Ampere - 02-25-2015, 01:01 AM