World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Mara :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow ali
Ranjiri</style>
in this world full of people there's one killing me
and if we only die once i wanna die with you
</style>

"Oh, Ji..."

I leaned my head closer as you nipped at my mane because I craved the comfort that you offered me. "I'm sorry." I whispered as my mind went back to every ugly thing that I'd said to you when I had been possessed by the darkness that had swept across Helovia. "I'm so sorry..." I moved so I could press my cheek against your neck if you'd allow it and I sighed. "Everything ... I don't think any of that stuff that it said. I don't think you suck, I don't think you're a bitch, and I don't think you owe me anything." It hurt me on a deeper level than any physical pain ever could that those words had come from my mouth. I had been all too aware that I could have lost you, my best friend and the other half of my heart, because of it. I hated that I'd avoided you for so long but I was scared that you would hate me as much as I hated myself in the aftermath of it all.

I pressed on, explaining the rest of my woes and I had expected you to stop me when I got to Ryuu, but you let me continue on. It wasn't until I said that I missed you that you spoke again. It was bittersweet to hear that you missed me. I was glad that you thought of me enough to miss me, but sad that we saw so little of one another that we had to miss each other. My ears tilted forward as I listened to you answer my question about where you'd been. Everywhere. We had talked about going everywhere together when we were younger. We'd talked about grand adventures, exploring all of Helovia, but then I woke up one morning and you were gone and I was alone in a world that paid no attention to me. But there was still a part of me that was happy for you, that you'd still been able to go everywhere like we had talked about.

"No..." I whispered when you said you'd failed everyone. I hated the shaky breaths and the way your voice shook when you spoke. There was so much pain laced in every word that it made my heart ache all the more. This time I didn't care if you didn't want to be touched, I stepped closer and reached to rest my chin on your back. I unfolded my wings and moved to wrap them around you so that I could hold you. You were always the one that supported me when I was upset, tried to comfort me when the shit hit the fan, and now I wanted to return the favor.

"You're too hard on yourself." I said. How many groups were looking for the killer? How many other Helovians failed to stop the Moon Goddess? And yet you were the one that was trying to take the weight of every failure on your own shoulders. It would crush you. "You're not a failure." I said earnestly. "You're not. You're Roskuld... my Roskuld."

My wings unwrapped from around you and folded back against my sides and I, reluctantly, took a step back. A small smile curled the corners of my mouth when you apologized for not being in my life. "Its okay." I said. "I still have part of you with me ... I've got that ring that you gave me." Then I looked at you again and saw the golden feather that I had given you in return was gone. "You don't have my feather anymore?" Without hesitating I extended my wing and plucked another golden feather, wincing as I did so. I held it out to you and waited for you to take it before I answered your question. "I live in the Dragon's Throat... but I haven't been back since .... since Hototo..." Because it was my Sultan that had murdered my brother.

"."
@[Roskuld]

Image Credits

aud pixel!

Messages In This Thread
I'm Sorry, Miss Jackson - by Roskuld - 01-22-2015, 07:21 PM
RE: I'm Sorry, Miss Jackson - by Ranjiri - 01-25-2015, 01:23 AM
RE: I'm Sorry, Miss Jackson - by Roskuld - 01-26-2015, 03:48 PM
RE: I'm Sorry, Miss Jackson - by Ranjiri - 02-19-2015, 10:06 PM
RE: I'm Sorry, Miss Jackson - by Roskuld - 02-23-2015, 02:30 PM
RE: I'm Sorry, Miss Jackson - by Ranjiri - 03-06-2015, 02:54 PM
RE: I'm Sorry, Miss Jackson - by Roskuld - 03-16-2015, 12:42 PM