the Rift

[PRIVATE] I can hear your heart

Ampere The Mother of Companions Posts: 719
Dragon's Throat Sultana atk: 9 | def: 11 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14 hh :: 6 years HP: 73 | Buff: DANCE
Kygo :: Green Cheek Conure :: None Blu
A M P E R E
"Any existence deprived of freedom is a kind of death" -- Michel Aoun

He was a wall that she slammed into, the force of which reverberated through her, shaking her. The tremors weren't enough to drag her out of her hysteria though, so maddeningly she kicked and screamed and fought against the wall that he stood as, he and so many others in the metaphorical sense. She wanted to rip all those walls down. Freedom.

Like wreckage after a storm Ampere hung limply at his side. She knew she was too late, always too late. Meekly she stepped back a pace or two, head shaking beneath the certain of darkness that fell from her nape. "Bullshit," she hissed, but the energy was gone. Her fists were still up, but the wall was already bloody with torn skin and it hadn't even been chipped. "Where else do the eggs come from? It might have had a family." Her ears pressed back tight against her skull, blue eyes flashing amid strands of whipped hair as she shot him a hard look, teeth grinding in frustration. "Maybe it didn't need a family, like snakes. They hatch and fend for themselves!"

Her energy was building back up, a swell, but nothing like before. All the while she continued to take steps away, barely able to look at him any more. He disgusted her, because why else would he so gently care for an egg? Why else if not to bond? "You expect me to believe you're suddenly so altruistic Gaucho? That you saved its fucking life, for NO REASON, except to protect it? Meanwhile a murderer is running around slaughtering our OWN KIND."

She laughed, then stumbled, a drunkard with emotions, All the while she was too absorbed to see the white serpent moving towards her, poised to strike. She was working herself up again, thoughts spinning like clouds in a jet stream. She couldn't help but fight, even if the odds were shit. She'd hate herself more if she didn't bloody her hands, because otherwise why even make them a fist? Most of the time she was fighting herself, it was just easier to pretend she was up against the world, tossing blows with others. "Why aren't there any horse companions?" she demanded of him, of the world. "Why not just take our fucking son and chain him up to your soul if you think it's so fair!" she was screaming again, head mane a whirlwind on her aggressively swinging head. Feathers rose and fell like waves at her sides, punctuating her words with a frenzy.

Ampere slowed suddenly, deflated again, heavy. She hadn't recognized the flash of white in her tirade, blinded by the ebbing darkness of herself which she waded through. Mara's fangs injected a potent venom, its effects exacerbated by Ampere's heightened energy, her pulse a drum beat that roared itself into abstract noise. Wooziness overwhelmed Ampere, though that wasn't all together alarming - this wouldn't be the first time she nearly blacked out from yelling, but it had been a while certainly. Age had granted her patience, though clearly not enough.

"What?" she asked, the words slipping and slurry as her tongue seemed to swell into lead inside her mouth. Her body drooped, frozen, and around her the magic stilled. Inside though she remained a nightmare, even more so as Mara trapped her within herself.
"What's happening?" she whispered frantically, only finally noticing the pale serpent in the golden sands as he head drifted down, eyes wide with shock.

She had learned long ago not to begrudge the actions of companions, their hearts and minds addled by the mind. Still, it was painful every time they interfered with the crusade she carried out in their name. Another flake of her heart peeled off and drifted away; a flower petal curling up into decay.

Credits: Image by Tabini
Coding by Tamme

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

Messages In This Thread
I can hear your heart - by Gaucho - 01-23-2015, 04:51 PM
RE: I can hear your heart - by Ampere - 01-25-2015, 01:07 AM
RE: I can hear your heart - by Gaucho - 01-26-2015, 01:03 PM
RE: I can hear your heart - by Ampere - 02-02-2015, 02:01 AM
RE: I can hear your heart - by Gaucho - 02-02-2015, 12:29 PM
RE: I can hear your heart - by Ampere - 02-07-2015, 10:02 PM
RE: I can hear your heart - by Gaucho - 02-08-2015, 12:29 AM
RE: I can hear your heart - by Ampere - 02-08-2015, 01:12 AM
RE: I can hear your heart - by Gaucho - 02-08-2015, 11:59 AM
RE: I can hear your heart - by Ampere - 02-09-2015, 12:46 AM
RE: I can hear your heart - by Gaucho - 02-09-2015, 01:14 AM