the Rift

[PRIVATE] I can hear your heart

Ampere The Mother of Companions Posts: 719
Dragon's Throat Sultana atk: 9 | def: 11 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14 hh :: 6 years HP: 73 | Buff: DANCE
Kygo :: Green Cheek Conure :: None Blu
A M P E R E
"Any existence deprived of freedom is a kind of death" -- Michel Aoun

Her breathing ruffled the sands where her nose lay stretched out. It was shallow, slowed by force, and with it Mara's hand forced a calm over Ampere. Though the paralysis was brief, it felt horribly long, and in its endless time Ampere stared at the world with an open heart and empty eyes. She asked of it, not for the first time, why.

Sand stirred with the pitter-pattering of the chick's feet. Its motion drew her gaze, the blue dripping like a slow burning candle down the black frame of her face. It's voice, so like a query, pained her for its innocence and the loss of it. The god's words echoed in her head, that this was a choice, that this tiny, newborn chick had chosen the bond. Did it even know what it was choosing? Or was it simply lonely, afraid, uncertain, and the bond offered it everything it wanted? She knew those feelings all too well - could she blame it? No, she knew instantly, forcefully, angry she even had to ask herself. The chick was a mere child, wanting, needing, and thus taking, as all children did. Gaucho however, she could blame him. Maybe he didn't know he chose, but the bond only formed because he accepted it, the merging of souls an agreed upon deal.

Ampere sighed heavily, sand twirling in a mini tornado as her exhale cast it in quivering eddies of air. Gaucho pushed his legs through the grains, standing over her, an eclipse, a shadow, a plight. She shifted her head up, bending it further back towards her ass that sagged awkwardly on the ground, stubbornly refusing to look at him.
"Is it?" she asked. Live free, or die?. She already knew the answer though, but it was more complicated than that. "Is safety better than freedom?" That was a better way to look at it she thought, but she suspected she already knew his answer - he who would blow up the ground to keep them safe. He was the type who liked to put bars on things, to trap them in, to clip their wings so that they didn't break them. Could she love someone like that?

For the first time when she posed the question to herself about Gaucho, the answer seemed to be, no.

"I know you protect," she muttered into the sand, referring to his previous shout, its noise still scattered in her ears, one of the last things that happened before she fell. "You protect us, you protect horses... but other creatures?" She wanted to shake her head, but couldn't, so instead she heaved out a dramatic sigh and closed her eyes for a long time. "Have you wondered why no other creatures bond? Why horses do not bond to other animals when they are orphaned?" He might argue they didn't hatch from eggs, but she knew that wasn't always true - and she had seen plenty of non-egg animals crawl out of a shell for the name of a bond. Companions seemed to be their own species, small, frail, meant for soul convergence - it was why there were no horse companions, because they existed for horses.

They were nothing more than tools.

"The gods created the bond, for us." The Earth God said ti was for them too, but she didn't believe that, because why so many differences, why so many lost eggs? Why so much interference by otherwise selfish horses?

Credits: Image by Tabini
Coding by Tamme

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

Messages In This Thread
I can hear your heart - by Gaucho - 01-23-2015, 04:51 PM
RE: I can hear your heart - by Ampere - 01-25-2015, 01:07 AM
RE: I can hear your heart - by Gaucho - 01-26-2015, 01:03 PM
RE: I can hear your heart - by Ampere - 02-02-2015, 02:01 AM
RE: I can hear your heart - by Gaucho - 02-02-2015, 12:29 PM
RE: I can hear your heart - by Ampere - 02-07-2015, 10:02 PM
RE: I can hear your heart - by Gaucho - 02-08-2015, 12:29 AM
RE: I can hear your heart - by Ampere - 02-08-2015, 01:12 AM
RE: I can hear your heart - by Gaucho - 02-08-2015, 11:59 AM
RE: I can hear your heart - by Ampere - 02-09-2015, 12:46 AM
RE: I can hear your heart - by Gaucho - 02-09-2015, 01:14 AM