the Rift

What have I gotten into? (Open)

Angelique Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

As each step was taken, I couldn't help but feel that maybe I should just turn around. However my appendages didn't seem to agree with my mind. They continued to drag my body for ward, despite the sickening fear that was beginning to well up into my throat. Causing my stomach to churn. The further I seemed to venture into the thick forest, the darker it seemed to grow, or maybe it was just my eyes playing foolish tricks on me? Shadows cast across the lands, due to the massive tree's that littered the forest. I couldn't seem to help but feel as if beady little eyes were watching me. Taking in my every move. I could feel my skin crawl, a shudder causing my petite canvas to tremble. My mind racing, as it usually does.. What if there were living entities watching me, taking in my every step, waiting for the opportunity to tear into my delicate flesh? It wouldn't be to hard to accomplish, really.. I was far from a fighter, and lacked the courage that so many others seemed to possess.... Wait what was that?! The sound of a twig snapping caused my body to jump, cranium whipping to look behind me, legs ceasing their motion.. There was nothing.. Light brown orbs scanned the shadows fearfully... However I still spotted nothing. Of course, I didn't think to look to the ground, it was me that snapped that there twig.

Maybe it was time for me to leave... Yes that sounded like a great idea! But wait, there was just one problem... With all the twists and turns, I had not a clue how to get the hell out of here! I could feel my heart pounding against my chest, the bugger felt as though it were going to rip clear from me and take off... At this point, I probably resembled a deer captured in the head lights of a vehicle. Optics wide open as I searched here and there, but nothing seemed familiar.. What have I gotten myself into?! Leave it to me to get completely lost, in a land of the dead or so I'm assuming... Lets face it, it didn't feel very welcoming here so I could only assume that it was the ghosts of the fallen that graced this land in particular. Or was my mind once more playing foolish tricks on me? Or maybe it was just the fact that this place seemed so... well... dead... Sure it was vibrant and green but it still felt.. just.. empty.. Even the sweet perfumes and the musky aroma's were very faint in the air, as if no one was here in quite some time.

And yet... here I stood... Alone, and rather frightened at that.

Tags:Open
Ooc: Not to good at starting posts >.<

Angelique
You can never cross the ocean, until you have the courage to lose sight of the shore.

ADD SOME IMAGE CREDITS HERE, PLEASE

Africa the Starry-Eyed Posts: 727
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 :: 6 (Tallsun) Buff: NOVICE
Silas :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Riven

Herbs... she reminded herself firmly, pulling pastel eyes from the thrilling arc of bright blue beyond the northern stretch of Threshold forest canopy. We are here for herbs. She lowered her thin wrinkled lips to rummage determinedly through the old carpet of withered leaves and dried, empty pine cones, but barely minutes later her chin had lifted again into the air.

There was longing in the sun-kissed glint of her eye, an irrepressible melancholy that often leaked to the surface of her soul on glorious days like these. How terribly she missed riding the thermal highways to heaven, stalling; plunging with reckless abandon in steep spirals back towards the patchwork earth below. Even if by some miracle a new wing grew (hesitantly she thought of the God of the Sun), she had not the condition any longer for flight. White legs - clean white stockings pulled smartly to the knee – and those charcoal-grey to the rear were wrought now with the strength of the wingless; fashioned by gravity to traipse rolling hills and fields of green.

Elegant frame was rounded now with sinew which could serve only to weigh her brethren down and though grim her reality was, it was a mental wound that no longer tortured her so brutally – nay, with help, the Starry-Eyed had recovered well.

As she gazed vaguely, affectionately, between the rugged awning of red-wood and green, Silas descended into her world of shadow upon wings that shimmered to life with the glitter of a trillion stars. He was a creature of the night, elusive by nature, and more fond of the dark forest floor than she could ever dream to be...

Hopeless....

A soft giggle fell from smiling lips as they turned to welcome his landing in the dip of her dappled spine. Briefly they beak and whisker brushed. I can’t help it, she shrugged, sighing heavily as she sought again the tiny sprouts curling out from beneath their warm blanket. One uncoiled as she moved delicately the litter across it, and tenderly she took it from the ground. I don’t even know what these are called; it could be grass you know... Africa knew well that it was not, and she placed it into the satchel by her left elbow – hopefully the slug living within had filled to the brim already on the overripe strawberries stashed earlier.

A lone cloud slipped across the sun and a chill prickled through her coat. Lean legs pulled her body into a long striding walk, tracing the faint line of an old goat track between the dense trees. Silas lifted his wings a little to ride his beloved’s rocking gait. I haven’t the patience for this, Silas... not today. Let’s see if we can find a traveller instead. Lashes fluttered curiously as her ashen face turned hither and thither, looking for any sign that company lingered nearby.

Perhaps towards the middle of the forest (she had traversed it many times before), Africa paused hesitantly – a smaller horse than she stood motionlessly ahead. Sooty ears tipped forward though one strayed quickly back to its cover of writing flame. Carefully she called out, tone mellow like first morning light. “Hello? Are you lost over there?” The stranger was bathed in murk, thick shadow, and the one-winged mare dared not venture closer until confident that no threat loomed – she was not keen for an encounter like that recently with the roan stallion.

Art by Ducky <3

Unregistered

...This... This was a whole new land for me, I knew nothing about this place.. How I longed to be back where I knew what everything was, I missed knowing what could be lurking around each corner.. I missed recognizing certain land marks.. No sense in wasting my time feeling sorry for myself though right? Wishing wasn't going to make me magically reappear to my birth lands, and even if I did.. that place was long gone, completely destroyed. Leaving was my best bet, even if change did scare me. Staying there would have most likely meant certain death in my case, after all.. I was useless.

Silence enveloped me, as I stood there.. Not sure which way to go, or turn.. I was lost, completely and utterly lost. Although that wasn't the worst feeling I felt all week, it was one of them. A soft sigh escaped my lips, light brown optics once more shifting to the heavens to observe the skies above.. Questions rambled through my thoughts, all remaining unanswered of course... What if even here, in these lands I was considered worthless? Then what would I do? Should I just let them kill me off, put me out of my misery? Another sigh escaped velveteen lips, forcing back the tears that wished to fall from my eyes. The longing for home only growing stronger.. Maybe.. Just maybe if there was a malicious beast in the shadows, I would let him take me out with not even a fight. Perhaps, that was what I needed? Oh who am I kidding, I could never do that.

Once again I lowered those pools to look back to where they originally lingered, an invisible brow rose, trying to see through the tears that were still fighting to escape. Oh how they wished to roll down furry cheeks.. But no, I wont allow that. Not today, I have spent to much time wading in self pity these past few weeks.

Wait, what was that? I heard the flapping of what seemed to be wings in the sky above.. And even though I jerked my cranium up, I still missed just what it was by seconds. It surely didn't sound like any bird I had ever heard of.. Then again, maybe it had just been that long since I've heard a bird? No, that couldn't be right whatever it was it surely was no Robin! Perhaps it was a vulture? Waiting for me to finally give up so it could feast.Was what was following me all this time? I wouldn't doubt it at this point. Blasted scavengers.

It was just then the sounds of twigs cracking beneath weight reached my ear drums.. Twin towers flattened against my crown at first. My cranium lashed to the side violently, only to allow my pools to land upon a rather, lovely yet strange, creature in the distance. My own cranium dropping instantly in submission. Even from where I stood it was easy to see that this one was larger than I. Just like many of them were... Perhaps she... yes she.. (I could smell her sweet perfume carried upon the fingers of the breeze) belonged to the dark side? Was she here to slay me, to rid me of this pitiful life I had somehow been sucked into? Should I allow her to savagely rip me apart, rip me from limb to limb, if that was what she was wishing to do? I couldn't help but take a few steps back, that flight instinct kicking in.. I was ready to run, to make myself disappear, and at the same time, I could feel myself choking on the lump of fear that grew in my esophagus.

I couldn't help but take in her appearance... The coat that stretched over her muscle bound skeletal frame was a beautiful mixture of greys. If she had been a darker shade, why she would resemble that of a thunderstorm. What really threw me off was that massive feathered thing that remained tucked to her side.. It reminded me of a wing, but why only one.. Wait why the hell even have wings?! What was she? Was she a demon, cast from the depths of hell.. Or maybe she was a angel? Why must I always assume the worst first? I guess we can blame that on rather horrid past experiences. I could feel my body tremble, and surely the wretched stench of fear wreaked from my pores.. And then I noticed that thing that rested upon her back... It almost resembled a hawk, but I knew surely that it wasn't. It's remarkable coloring from this distance almost made it look as though he were glittery as the sun every now and again kissed raven black feathers....

Once more I took another couple steps back. It was then the others sweet lyrics graced my ears.. Her voice, why it didn't drip with venom... Instead it was the complete opposite, it had a more soothing sound to it. Almost as if she were speaking to a sweet innocent child. Her words, why they weren't laced with sarcasm either. Was I jumping to conclusions about her being wicked? Maybe I was... Should I answer her? Or go about my way.... Maybe pretend like I didn't see her? No that would be foolish, I'm looking right at her! A soft sigh escaped my lips, as I tried to forcefully form my words. My own tone was rather hushed, as if I were in fact a frightened child, scared to speak.. Words managed to come out stuttered.

"I..I..I.. Uhm.. " I couldn't help but clear my throat trying to form my words once again. "I.. T.t.think I am.. " I could hear the tremble in my words. I must look rather pathetic but unfortunately I couldn't help it.. Every encounter I have had resulted bad in my travels. Why would this one be any different?

Words:
Tag:@[Africa]
Ooc: No need to match post, I sort of rambled. Haha.

Angelique
You can never cross the ocean, until you have the courage to lose sight of the shore.

Colorize Stock

Deceased

Shadows swayed lethargically as the gentle late Birdsong wind caressed spindly canopies, and they fell heavily across the figure looming through the trees ahead. Through the murk, Africa could barely make out the other mare’s expression, though the submissive hunch of her stance hinted apprehension - long flowing mane framed the lowered skull, and ears seemed to waver nervously overhead as she shuffled a few back-pedalling steps through the dense forest litter. It seemed that there had been a fair influx of travellers in recent times, and most of them seemed to have met with foul play at some point or another – tarnished hearts and shattered souls that Africa sought quickly, and plucked them to safety.

Flaccid nostrils blew softly against the pungent hue of rotting pine needles as the darker horse’s voice began to fumble through the air. Silas purred softly where he perched with a delicate grip upon her back, and he leaned a calculating eye forward (as far as his balance would allow), viewing the creature that held the interest of his beloved so tightly. Flames licked and twisted through her long, heavy mane though, and inevitably the glittering zephyr overbalanced and fluttered awkwardly into the arms of a haggard old tree nearby.

Though an ear switched to the sound of feather striking air, the Starry-Eyed held her focus.

“I can’t quite hear what you’re saying, sorry...” she answered gently, stepping between plunging sunlight shafts towards the other horse. As she went – slowly and patiently – she introduced herself, presenting a posture that reflected only the kind-hearted nature of her soul. Neck swayed low, passively, and stained hooves sought a particular path across wiry tussocks of grass that would not snap and spook the timid creature in her view. When finally she was in better range (near enough to note the subtle sandy hue of her eyes), Africa introduced herself. “I’m Africa, I mean you no harm.” She paused her stride a respectful distance away, and offered a thoughtful smile.

Art by Ducky <3

@[Angelique] - would you like to be tagged?

Unregistered

If only one truly knew the horrors I had been drug through. It was enough to make one cringe. And hard to believe I even managed to survive such circumstances. More so because of my timid nature. It still shocked me that I was still graced with the gift of life.

I could feel the four sets of eyes on me, and that also managed to frighten me a little more. I wasn't used to being something that captured on lookers attention and it seems I had both of theirs. I could feel my bodice tremble once more. Neither of them however seemed to have no ill will towards me.. Wouldn't they have already lunged for me if they had? I kept my crown lowered. Tresses cascading down my furry cheek bones. Pools still locked on the duo. I wanted to take a step fore ward, to introduce myself.. But at the same time my mind refused to let my legs carry me foreward. As if I were immobile.

It was once the fluttering of the wings hit my auds that my bodice jumped in a startled manner. Twin occulars switching to the creature as it moved to a limb and then swiftly back to the lighter mare that still stood in the distance.. Again she spoke, her voice soft.. her words carassed my ears and it slowly began to put me a little more at ease. There was something with the softness of her voice that made my tension slowly evaporate. Well until she begun to close the distance between us that is. Muscles instantly tightening once more. It was her posture however that caused the tension to slightly ease up once more. It was then I noticed the orange hued flames that danced around her strands. An invisible brow rose as my dial shop upwards to get a better view.. Not only did she have a wing, but the flames seemed to follow her as well.. This surely was a strange land. My own crown lowered once more to continue to possess that submissive stance that I held onto so tightly.

Once again she spoke, her words just as before dancing into my twin towers. Even as she spoke a gentle smile seemed to grace her lips. Perhaps there was no real reason to see her as a threat... She seemed rather nice to me, well for now anyway. I even took note that she seemed to avoid making loud noises while approaching. Twigs littered the ground and yet she managed to avoid every one of them. And so I took it upon my self to take a few rather shaky steps forward, forcing a smile to tug the corners of my velveteen lips upwards.

"A..Africa? Th..that's a lovely name. N..n..never met anyone with a name l..l..like that." I tried my hardest not to stutter, but it didn't seem to work to well. I outstretched my right leg, bowing my cranium even lower now to mimmick what seemed to be a bow of some sorts before focusing on her once more."I..I'm Angelique.. Or A..Angel for short."

Ooc- Sure I don't mind being tagged :)

Angelique

ADD SOME IMAGE CREDITS HERE, PLEASE

Deceased

It was indeed fortunate that one as tender-hearted as Africa had stumbled first upon the dark coloured mare; there were many who called the Wilds home (the north too), savages that knew nothing of morals or mercy. The one-winged mare watched with a heedful eye, and she was heartened to find that although her company’s confidence swayed visibly in response to her approach, she did not flee altogether. Small steps – she knew from experience – to overcome a lifetime’s worth of torment. Chiselled, elegant skull tipped a little to the side as the bay inched closer, painfully shy steps that lured naught but the spread of encouragement through fire-glow drenched features.

Silas purred quietly as he watched from above, unmoved by the stranger’s feeble poise, and ruffled his feathers. Another shape caught his notice suddenly as lilac eyes began to wander – the rare, round, green fruit of the redwood, and he slid nearer to the prize with an eager click of his hooked beak.

The stumbling words of the other again filled the air about them, and Africa felt relief engulf her the second a small smile slipped to pull at smoky lips. Ears tipped nearer, curiously, drawn to listen still more carefully as her fractured sentence betrayed her nervousness, and gentle ashen face dipped in unison. “Angelique is pretty,” she soothed, touched by the exotic nature of the name. “Have you a home to return to here in Helovia?” The one-winged mare felt little inclined to delay the question – the discomfort plaguing the bay mare was undeniable, and she knew well that there was safety to be found behind the waterfall.

Tender eyes parted long enough to scan the shaggy forest surrounding. She was ever alert to the movement of others around her, cautious though calm, though there seemed to be no others nearby. Africa was in no hurry, and her smooth, patient posture portrayed that. Gaze drifted back quietly to find the timid expression of the other and the feathers thatched across the lonely wing to her side, ruffled.

Art by Ducky <3

Unregistered

I was indeed fortunate that this lady clad in different shades of grey stumbled upon my trembling form. I was completely unaware of what lurked in these lands... Where there is good, bad typically lurks behind in the shadows. It took every fiber of my being to try to mockingly step foreward.. My wretched past holding onto my ever so tightly. The cruel things that had been cast upon me visible within my demenour, although the stories remained untold. It was hard for me to muster up such courage, after years of being beat down forcefully upon. Scars that would never really, truly heal.

A soft sigh escaped my lips, feeling vulnurable all of a sudden. And although I felt comfortable around Africa, another piece of me warned me not to get to close. I could hear the feathered thing, even from where it perched upon the branch. The clicking of its beak rolling into my drums.. All I could do was force myself not to look at it. Even though I was quite curious. Never had I seen one of my species interact so closely with another not of our kind.

I clung to every word that left Africa's smoky lips. Processing them carefully in my thoughts. No matter what she said she still remained with that calm and peaceful tone. A voice that caused my flighty feeling to slowly deteriorate.

"A home? Unfortunately I've been with out one of those for many years.."

I barely noticed that the studdering had stopped. My sentence came out as a full sentence rather then choppy, although it was still a tad shakey. The fear that had been choking me, it suddenly lifted. I could feel how easy the air flowed down my tubes, a smile now tugging the corners of my lips to rise upwards.. For a brief second I glanced towards that wing that remained tucked to her side. Still a bit curious as to how she managed to grow one of them. Never in all my days had I seen a winged horse.

Words:
Ooc: I apologize for the wait! (And the horrid post >.<)

Angelique

Colorize Stock

Deceased

She had seen many hardships herself - knew the pain of a tortured past all too well. Africa was a misfortunate soul, be that a cruel fate dealt or her own reoccurring ignorance, though she had come to terms with the fact that problems seemed always near. She was a magnet, in a sense, a beacon that drew the eyes of irony constantly, yet her nature had not soured as a result. There were moments of course, when she threw metaphorical arms to the wind – bewildered, unhappy, but she was determined nonetheless to seek the best out of every opportunity.

Silas, a blessing when she had lost all hope; her flight and freedom...

Rasta, when the weight of isolation had grown too much even for her to bear...

Midas, stitches to aid healing of a wounded heart...

The other mare, Angelique, spoke again and Africa noticed immediately the absence of nervous stuttering. Though internally she smiled ever brighter, she let the composure remain trained through her natural, gentle expression. Baby steps, she knew. A lifetime of pain, of suffering and melancholy – mental affliction and scarring, they were all awfully complex, and even the most benevolent of hearts could not cure such damage so quickly. “You’re welcome to come with me to Hidden Falls, make a home for yourself and rest a little more easily.” The gesture was open, a kind gesture should she seek such.

The smile resonated at last through shining eyes, compassionate and quiet.

“There are many like me – like yourself; and an army to keep you safe. Our Czar is Midas, the Gallant and Ghost, the Cadaverous stands as his Czarina. They would welcome you fondly.” Thoughts lingered momentarily on the black and white stallion – he who had pulled her from the very brink of despair, when bitterness and guilt had left gaping wounds in her heart. Africa trusted Midas above any other.

Art by Ducky <3

@[Angelique]