the Rift

What have I gotten into? (Open)

Angelique Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

...This... This was a whole new land for me, I knew nothing about this place.. How I longed to be back where I knew what everything was, I missed knowing what could be lurking around each corner.. I missed recognizing certain land marks.. No sense in wasting my time feeling sorry for myself though right? Wishing wasn't going to make me magically reappear to my birth lands, and even if I did.. that place was long gone, completely destroyed. Leaving was my best bet, even if change did scare me. Staying there would have most likely meant certain death in my case, after all.. I was useless.

Silence enveloped me, as I stood there.. Not sure which way to go, or turn.. I was lost, completely and utterly lost. Although that wasn't the worst feeling I felt all week, it was one of them. A soft sigh escaped my lips, light brown optics once more shifting to the heavens to observe the skies above.. Questions rambled through my thoughts, all remaining unanswered of course... What if even here, in these lands I was considered worthless? Then what would I do? Should I just let them kill me off, put me out of my misery? Another sigh escaped velveteen lips, forcing back the tears that wished to fall from my eyes. The longing for home only growing stronger.. Maybe.. Just maybe if there was a malicious beast in the shadows, I would let him take me out with not even a fight. Perhaps, that was what I needed? Oh who am I kidding, I could never do that.

Once again I lowered those pools to look back to where they originally lingered, an invisible brow rose, trying to see through the tears that were still fighting to escape. Oh how they wished to roll down furry cheeks.. But no, I wont allow that. Not today, I have spent to much time wading in self pity these past few weeks.

Wait, what was that? I heard the flapping of what seemed to be wings in the sky above.. And even though I jerked my cranium up, I still missed just what it was by seconds. It surely didn't sound like any bird I had ever heard of.. Then again, maybe it had just been that long since I've heard a bird? No, that couldn't be right whatever it was it surely was no Robin! Perhaps it was a vulture? Waiting for me to finally give up so it could feast.Was what was following me all this time? I wouldn't doubt it at this point. Blasted scavengers.

It was just then the sounds of twigs cracking beneath weight reached my ear drums.. Twin towers flattened against my crown at first. My cranium lashed to the side violently, only to allow my pools to land upon a rather, lovely yet strange, creature in the distance. My own cranium dropping instantly in submission. Even from where I stood it was easy to see that this one was larger than I. Just like many of them were... Perhaps she... yes she.. (I could smell her sweet perfume carried upon the fingers of the breeze) belonged to the dark side? Was she here to slay me, to rid me of this pitiful life I had somehow been sucked into? Should I allow her to savagely rip me apart, rip me from limb to limb, if that was what she was wishing to do? I couldn't help but take a few steps back, that flight instinct kicking in.. I was ready to run, to make myself disappear, and at the same time, I could feel myself choking on the lump of fear that grew in my esophagus.

I couldn't help but take in her appearance... The coat that stretched over her muscle bound skeletal frame was a beautiful mixture of greys. If she had been a darker shade, why she would resemble that of a thunderstorm. What really threw me off was that massive feathered thing that remained tucked to her side.. It reminded me of a wing, but why only one.. Wait why the hell even have wings?! What was she? Was she a demon, cast from the depths of hell.. Or maybe she was a angel? Why must I always assume the worst first? I guess we can blame that on rather horrid past experiences. I could feel my body tremble, and surely the wretched stench of fear wreaked from my pores.. And then I noticed that thing that rested upon her back... It almost resembled a hawk, but I knew surely that it wasn't. It's remarkable coloring from this distance almost made it look as though he were glittery as the sun every now and again kissed raven black feathers....

Once more I took another couple steps back. It was then the others sweet lyrics graced my ears.. Her voice, why it didn't drip with venom... Instead it was the complete opposite, it had a more soothing sound to it. Almost as if she were speaking to a sweet innocent child. Her words, why they weren't laced with sarcasm either. Was I jumping to conclusions about her being wicked? Maybe I was... Should I answer her? Or go about my way.... Maybe pretend like I didn't see her? No that would be foolish, I'm looking right at her! A soft sigh escaped my lips, as I tried to forcefully form my words. My own tone was rather hushed, as if I were in fact a frightened child, scared to speak.. Words managed to come out stuttered.

"I..I..I.. Uhm.. " I couldn't help but clear my throat trying to form my words once again. "I.. T.t.think I am.. " I could hear the tremble in my words. I must look rather pathetic but unfortunately I couldn't help it.. Every encounter I have had resulted bad in my travels. Why would this one be any different?

Words:
Tag:@[Africa]
Ooc: No need to match post, I sort of rambled. Haha.

Angelique
You can never cross the ocean, until you have the courage to lose sight of the shore.

Colorize Stock

Messages In This Thread
What have I gotten into? (Open) - by Angelique - 01-24-2015, 12:53 PM
RE: What have I gotten into? (Open) - by Africa - 01-25-2015, 10:02 PM
RE: What have I gotten into? (Open) - by Angelique - 01-26-2015, 11:22 AM
RE: What have I gotten into? (Open) - by Africa - 01-27-2015, 07:05 PM
RE: What have I gotten into? (Open) - by Angelique - 01-27-2015, 07:45 PM
RE: What have I gotten into? (Open) - by Africa - 01-30-2015, 01:17 PM
RE: What have I gotten into? (Open) - by Angelique - 02-15-2015, 04:47 PM
RE: What have I gotten into? (Open) - by Africa - 02-18-2015, 06:00 AM