the Rift

What have I gotten into? (Open)

Africa the Starry-Eyed Posts: 727
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 :: 6 (Tallsun) Buff: NOVICE
Silas :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Riven

Shadows swayed lethargically as the gentle late Birdsong wind caressed spindly canopies, and they fell heavily across the figure looming through the trees ahead. Through the murk, Africa could barely make out the other mare’s expression, though the submissive hunch of her stance hinted apprehension - long flowing mane framed the lowered skull, and ears seemed to waver nervously overhead as she shuffled a few back-pedalling steps through the dense forest litter. It seemed that there had been a fair influx of travellers in recent times, and most of them seemed to have met with foul play at some point or another – tarnished hearts and shattered souls that Africa sought quickly, and plucked them to safety.

Flaccid nostrils blew softly against the pungent hue of rotting pine needles as the darker horse’s voice began to fumble through the air. Silas purred softly where he perched with a delicate grip upon her back, and he leaned a calculating eye forward (as far as his balance would allow), viewing the creature that held the interest of his beloved so tightly. Flames licked and twisted through her long, heavy mane though, and inevitably the glittering zephyr overbalanced and fluttered awkwardly into the arms of a haggard old tree nearby.

Though an ear switched to the sound of feather striking air, the Starry-Eyed held her focus.

“I can’t quite hear what you’re saying, sorry...” she answered gently, stepping between plunging sunlight shafts towards the other horse. As she went – slowly and patiently – she introduced herself, presenting a posture that reflected only the kind-hearted nature of her soul. Neck swayed low, passively, and stained hooves sought a particular path across wiry tussocks of grass that would not snap and spook the timid creature in her view. When finally she was in better range (near enough to note the subtle sandy hue of her eyes), Africa introduced herself. “I’m Africa, I mean you no harm.” She paused her stride a respectful distance away, and offered a thoughtful smile.

Art by Ducky <3

@[Angelique] - would you like to be tagged?

Messages In This Thread
What have I gotten into? (Open) - by Angelique - 01-24-2015, 12:53 PM
RE: What have I gotten into? (Open) - by Africa - 01-25-2015, 10:02 PM
RE: What have I gotten into? (Open) - by Angelique - 01-26-2015, 11:22 AM
RE: What have I gotten into? (Open) - by Africa - 01-27-2015, 07:05 PM
RE: What have I gotten into? (Open) - by Angelique - 01-27-2015, 07:45 PM
RE: What have I gotten into? (Open) - by Africa - 01-30-2015, 01:17 PM
RE: What have I gotten into? (Open) - by Angelique - 02-15-2015, 04:47 PM
RE: What have I gotten into? (Open) - by Africa - 02-18-2015, 06:00 AM