:: MURDER IN HELOVIA :: CONCLUSION
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme
Ophelia
no words

She didn't want to be right. As she stood, staring, she prayed that she wasn't right. But rarely was she ever wrong. Ophelia watched the fall of Hototo, her nephew, and with each fallen loved one and family member, her heart earned another fissure. She could not hold the pieces together on her own, and if not for the memory of Torleik, she would had collapsed on this day from the weight of her own heart. Death upon death laid their shadows down, and her eyes welled with tears. Her mother. Psyche. Phaedra. Circe. Ailith. Hototo... Family. Loved ones. She knew Ktulu felt it too.

Her heart wanted to hate. The blackness inside needed an object for release, wrath prepared to condemn and judge without reservation. But, as she stared at Gaucho, she knew that the only true healing would come with forgiveness. The fire king had been deceived, played with as a toy, and she knew how that felt. The very god of time had made her a vessel, nothing more than a mortal fit for an end result, and her heart crashed around in his chest at the sight of his blue eyes.

For all her faults, issues, hang-ups and problems, Ophelia was at least loyal. Though that loyalty could even be a fault. She stood shoulder to shoulder with her sister, trying to console her for her loss though no words could ever heal the pain of watching Hototo fall. The pale princess touched her nose to Ktulu's side before striding to where Gaucho stood. She took a deep breath, facing the pain of knowing he had dealt the killing blows. "This changes nothing between us," she said firmly. "The Basin will honor our agreement, and we stand by you." Ophelia glanced at the other gods and those in the gathering before returning to her sister's side.

Affectionately, she rubbed her muzzle through her sister's mane, trying to ground her, keep her hooves firmly set in the dirt as the tide of pain threatened to sweep her away. She knew the feeling. "Ktulu," she murmured softly. "No death can undo what happened." Revenge was a long-waiting knife in the dark, the one that bid its time with a smile and kindness. "Let her go." The words were weighted, holding so much more. She looked to the gods, shackled by their own balance and seeking the gaze of the God of the Sun.

He had been cast out so long ago. She had just barely been a child. Her tempestuous, fiery god was caught in his own trap, demanding she be cast out though she deserved so much more. Ophelia frowned, still tangled in her sister's white locks. She would always be the shoulder her sister could lean on. Always and forever.

Credits: Image by Schwartze @ DA

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Messages In This Thread
:: MURDER IN HELOVIA :: CONCLUSION - by Official - 01-24-2015, 04:18 PM
RE: :: MURDER IN HELOVIA :: CONCLUSION - by Ktulu - 01-24-2015, 05:17 PM
RE: :: MURDER IN HELOVIA :: CONCLUSION - by Cera - 01-24-2015, 06:08 PM
RE: :: MURDER IN HELOVIA :: CONCLUSION - by Ophelia - 01-24-2015, 09:36 PM
RE: :: MURDER IN HELOVIA :: CONCLUSION - by Midas - 01-24-2015, 10:35 PM
RE: :: MURDER IN HELOVIA :: CONCLUSION - by Ryuu - 01-25-2015, 03:34 AM
RE: :: MURDER IN HELOVIA :: CONCLUSION - by Amani - 01-25-2015, 05:29 PM
RE: :: MURDER IN HELOVIA :: CONCLUSION - by Arah - 01-26-2015, 06:57 AM
RE: :: MURDER IN HELOVIA :: CONCLUSION - by Fig - 01-26-2015, 06:52 PM
RE: :: MURDER IN HELOVIA :: CONCLUSION - by Ktulu - 01-31-2015, 06:06 PM