the Rift

:: MURDER IN HELOVIA :: CONCLUSION

Ranjiri the GoldenShade Posts: 372
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Mara :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow ali

I saw it all. Everything. I heard everything. I heard my brother's voice, heard Momma scream NO, heard her scream his name. I saw Gaucho possessed. I watched him attack my brother and there was nothing that I could do about it. It felt like time was standing still, each agonizing breath that Hototo took seemed like it took eons. I wanted to run to him but my trembling legs were locked. Cera was there, screaming at the Earth God. Momma asked him why he didn't protect him, begged for her life to be traded for his. Would she do the same for me? I blinked and looked at my Aunt as she arrived to give Momma support. My own father arrived, but he said nothing to Momma. They were as distant now as they had been when I was small.

And there was Gaucho, so ready to accept death for crimes he had committed that weren't his own.

I could not blame him. I would not blame him because it wasn't so long ago that I had been victim to something similar. I couldn't remember how many I had attacked, how many I had hurt, but I carried that burden with me now. I knew Gaucho would carry the same burden with him for the rest of his life. Helovia would remember what he had done but as time passed it would be warped. I could imagine mothers telling their children tales of the murderer that preyed on the unsuspecting. Would anyone remember that it was the dark goddess that was behind it all?

My heart ached and even though the crowd continued to grow I felt so alone. Roskuld was there and I wanted to go to her, to seek out whatever comfort I could get from her, but I didn't because I had hurt her before. The Earth God spoke and I looked in time to see Hototo, my Nuca's body disappear and with it part of my heart.

Faces and bodies began to blur as tears gathered in my eyes. The Earth God was gentle enough to lower us all to the meadow, but he could have thrown me off of the island and I wouldn't have noticed. I blinked, tears fell and my vision cleared for a moment. Only a moment. I turned, my head lowered, and I trudged away, unable to listen to the bickering, the blaming, the crying. I just wanted to be alone.

"."

Image Credits

aud pixel!

Messages In This Thread
:: MURDER IN HELOVIA :: CONCLUSION - by Official - 01-24-2015, 04:18 PM
RE: :: MURDER IN HELOVIA :: CONCLUSION - by Ktulu - 01-24-2015, 05:17 PM
RE: :: MURDER IN HELOVIA :: CONCLUSION - by Cera - 01-24-2015, 06:08 PM
RE: :: MURDER IN HELOVIA :: CONCLUSION - by Midas - 01-24-2015, 10:35 PM
RE: :: MURDER IN HELOVIA :: CONCLUSION - by Ranjiri - 01-25-2015, 12:35 AM
RE: :: MURDER IN HELOVIA :: CONCLUSION - by Ryuu - 01-25-2015, 03:34 AM
RE: :: MURDER IN HELOVIA :: CONCLUSION - by Amani - 01-25-2015, 05:29 PM
RE: :: MURDER IN HELOVIA :: CONCLUSION - by Arah - 01-26-2015, 06:57 AM