the Rift

[PRIVATE] there's something beautiful and tragic in the fallout

Archibald the Dauntless Posts: 386
Absent Abyss atk: 6.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Equine :: 18.3 hh :: 10 years HP: 80 | Buff: SHIELD
Loretta :: Alaskan Malamute :: Time Slip Time

The Hidden Falls leadership left them, and Kaj was alight in an instant. Archibald watched his king react with a stoic gaze, the actions not able to move the beast in any way outwardly. Archibald was, however, confused by the beast's movements. Shaking his body, Archibald seemed to drop the tension from the entire encounter to the forest floor, at his hooves. Loretta stood and mimicked Archibald's gesture, shaking debris and dust from her pristine coat. The dog panted calmly, her salmon tongue rolling out of her jaws to the side. She was amused by the golden king's display, and she tilted her head some when the blue-eyed one turned towards Archibald.

Kaj invited the inky stallion to walk with him, and Archibald gave a simple nod as response. The hefty stallion turned to match the pegasus in his stride. Together, the mountains moved through their herdland together. Archibald stayed silent, though he wondered if this trek was because of the words Ghost had spoken. When the Stormbringer finally spoke, it solidified it in the beast's mind. He was offended. Loretta said, trotting at Archibald's side. Archibald still does not convey any emotion as he speaks, though his voice is clear and florid. "You are fit." It was a simple statement that stood in the silence between Kaj's thoughts.

You are a good leader. Loretta said again, looking up to watch the behemoths as they all moved together. Archibald let the silence between them grow, as if letting Kaj have the opportunity to fill it instead of himself. After walking for several moments in silence, Archibald stopped and lifted his head some. He looked at Kaj, his body square and solid. He was a mountain, unmovable and unaffected by the mare's words. "Your trust in me is solid. I have lived in Helovia for many years. I have fought in every Helovian war but one. I have extensive war knowledge, serving the Windtossed Foothills for several seasons as a warrior and their General, before I was a lead there. I also served the Grey as their second in military command, their General. The mare knows little of her words. The fact that you have let them affect you as much as they have tells me you do not trust yourself as a leader." Loretta stopped with her bonded, though with a tingling in her stomach, the bitch moved off into the depths of the forest to hunt as he spoke.

Archibald the Dauntless

I Am a Stone, Unaffected
Rain Hell Down Onto Me
Flesh and Bone, Unaffected
Your Fool I Will Not Be

image credits

Through the ages of time
I've been known for my hate,
but I'm a dealer of simple choices;
for me it's never too late.

please tag me

Messages In This Thread
RE: there's something beautiful and tragic in the fallout - by Archibald - 01-24-2015, 08:38 PM