the Rift

[OPEN] Rome

Ghost the Cadaverous Posts: 219
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16hh :: 6 years HP: 67 | Buff: ENDURE
Fantôme :: Grey Wolf :: None imi

"I’m sorry the world has offered you so little, but I hope my home gives you somewhere" I offered Talion in response to his answer. It was a sad thing to not belong, I knew that well enough and now I was, well, content to live by the crashing water and the rolling green. The other, the girl, was quiet and said little. Our journey was simple enough from there and lead all the way to the veiled land.

As my voice trailed off there was a new weight atop my rump, not heavy as such, but enough that it dragged my head to turn in sudden surprise. It was a dark raven that sat so naturally there, as if it was meant to be and I battle the need to try flick it off. It was only a bird after all, but my attention was enraptured as to why it had chosen to sit on me of all horses on this earth, surely there were better and more stable looking branches. That was when I noticed the slickness and the shine, a wet kind of pool forming below it and my eyes narrow in faint recognition. Where had I seen this substance before? Why wasn’t it alarming me? I try thinking back through memory, leafing through conversations until one strikes me as familiar and I look at this bird with a new kind of surprise. "Wait, you? No-" I doubt myself for a moment, my thoughts jumbling over one another and I wonder if perhaps I have gone mad. Delirious!

It moves and contorts, causing my feet to stumble backwards slightly as I frown at the strange dark concoction in front of me. Finally it settles on a form, a well-known form and I snort in disbelief. "It is you!" I exclaim, more as a conformation for myself than anything else as a feeling of relief floods through my body, I haven’t yet caught the family delirium. My expression was one that was half intrigued and half confused as to why this inky horse was here in front of me. Did he not go home with the spotted Pegasus, Rei? They seemed like a match made in heaven that even left my own indifferent self rather uncomfortable.

In a rush, I try settle my thoughts and turn away from Ink for a moment to regard the other two. Perhaps returning to the business I was conducting would help my current scatter brained state. "You tell me. Warrior? Spy? Medic? What are you good at apart from looking pretty?" I enquire, looking him up and down with consideration whilst I waited. I felt like I was running a boot camp session and these poor saps were my newest recruits.

Spice seemed to have noticed Ink and I watch the pair with interest, hearing the girl’s faltering words as my gaze flicks between her and his mischievous smile. I grimace, looking pointedly at the pool of black mess I hoped would disappear and then back to Ink with a firm, unfaltering stare "a nuisance". Still, I couldn’t keep my curiosity at bay, how did he know where to find me? Had he been following me all this "Does this mean you accept my offer?" I ask with unsure reservation. After all, their last meeting had been an odd one.

We're volcanoes in the night
We're rolling like meteorites
Let the heat of the sun
Reignite your memory
Because if we just turn and run
Let them fire the gun

❚ Force permitted, just don't kill her :3
❚ Please tag me!
❚ Pixel by Nyte

Messages In This Thread
Rome - by Ghost - 01-25-2015, 11:08 AM
RE: Rome - by Ink - 01-31-2015, 04:06 PM