the Rift

[PRIVATE] The Drums

Thranduil the Laurelin Posts: 598
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 11 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 hh :: Eight HP: 77 | Buff: ENDURE
Haldir :: Common Cerndyr :: Dark Mist Hawk
Thranduil

That bitch! The golden limped along the meadow. That freaking BITCH! Rage blinded him, and his left leg tangles in a thistle. A sharp croak snaps out as the gold’s leg buckles. Those thistle branches tangling torturously around his wound. Gah! Shit. The golden stops. Wind from the south blows up behind him and beats his locks on his neck wound. It still dripped blood down his neck. A howl of rage shakes the gold, but it also winds him. He doesn’t have the strength. Horned head falls low, and breath rags out of him. He can’t. The golden can’t. And it wakens an anger hotter than even the one Thor earned. His mind throws every curse and hating line it can for this woman. This Confutatis.

Anger never gave strength. He had worn himself far too thin in that challenge. Yanking his leg free of the thistle the golden stumbles to a tree. He would not do himself the injustice of lying down like a failed animal, gasping for breath. Oh though how the wound on his neck drains him of his senses. The blood leaving so close from his mind. With gruff actions he falls onto the side of the tree. That woman. Her crime was actually not unlike Cetan’s, only worse. She tried to steal him. The almighty Thranduil. The keeper of words and masks. How dare she think to come after him. She would pay the price of all before her and rot in a prison cell. It was a pity the gold did not know of her previous actions against the Basin. He was left to only think her a common bitch, instead of one who deserved much more retribution. His mind swam with the growing heat of the day, the loss of his blood and strength, and the anger boiling inside him that he could not keep up with. He was fading. And he most certainly was not in any condition to journey of the plains of battle again any time soon. Look at his body, completely winded from his armor, caked with dried sweat, and stained with a close call by his vital mind. He can not fight. In rage, and in a call for all those near he raised his horned head, dizzy as it made him, and a voice like a hurricane bellowed forth. He would see that bitch pay. Never again, will anyone question his prizes or freedom.

OOC :: @[Deimos] @[Ophelia] @[Ulrik]
"Speech"

The itsy bitsy spider climbed up the waterspout.
Down came the rain
and washed the spider out.
Image credit.

[Image: 5381546acbe33]
Feel free to use any force/magic on Thranduil, short of killing him.
Please tag in every post.
Ask Thranduil any question in the world, he'll be forced to answer on his profile. PM with your question.

Deimos the Reaper Posts: 527
Deceased atk: 7.0 | def: 12 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 7 HP: 72.5 | Buff: NUMB
Heather
would you mind if I killed you?

Pulled from his castle walls, the Reaper stoked and stalked, fettered and unchained, drafted from the high, chilling winds and the low, glacial expanse, a tyrant amongst the thistles and thorns. While he roamed, while he wandered, while he picked apart the pieces of divinity and virtue, swallowed and consumed the fragments of piety, the bellicose heat of infernal loathing conspired through the air; his ears perked, his mind fastened, gleaming and dreaming in rancorous, avaricious speculation. Were it not by the vocals of his own Thief he may not have even tended to its anarchical squall, could have left it for another day, another hour, another moment of voracious rumination, but the unwinding of the gilded brigand was not something to be ignored. The Lord and King followed the vicious unwinding, coiled and curled like a spring, like an unyielding fortress, like a immoral bow strapped and waiting for its declarative harpoon, because curiosity lent and tended the draw, the inquiry, of how Thranduil had come to be undone. Didn’t the golden cretin lavish and lacquer masks at every invitation? Didn’t he sputter and fawn at every moment? Didn’t he trap figments of poison in ears, not the wily incantations of hate and loathing (at least, not on the surface)? The behemoth imagined the sight would be almost amusing, to be a witness to a scoundrel’s exposure, truth beyond the lies, deceptions, and fabrications. But as Deimos approached, stolen from the shadows and lofting in the thicket (a tale of ferocious claws, a myth of dangerous toiling), the subterfuge lost its glamor, its decadence, its opulence, and descended into a mutinous fury. Perhaps it was one thing to toy with a puppeteer, but it was another entirely when a monster he considered part of his sovereign to be manipulated, coerced, threatened under his rule. What could have occurred to make the swindler scream for his compatriots? He answered in molten silence, narrowed eyes scrutinizing over the caked sweat, the beaded bitterness, the noxious fumes of the self-serving Thief, examining, investigating, internal, inward, bestial invocations building and brewing. Apathy was chased away by the sculpting of anarchy, chipping and contorting at his bones, wild and untamed, vicious and heartless, needing only the proper provocation to be unleashed and unraveled. The only indication of his concern, of his wrath, reveled and piqued in the blunt candor of his tones, in the puncturing glance layered upon Thranduil. “What happened?”

would you mind if I tried to?

Deimos
Credits

Thranduil

Haggard breath coughed from the gold’s lungs. The hatred for his current state, which by the way, was the product of his own actions, was pushed all onto the woman. It seemed the whole world was rallying to get his hide and he would stand for it! The golden son, the pride of his trade and the fullest of his prime would see that the world knew he was not for the taking. He would see all minds who tried to steal him, or that which is his pay. A heat wave swamped his head and the golden was brought low again. His body simply could not keep up with his ego.

Muffled as his mind was from the stresses and strain of battle it wasn’t until Deimos stood before him that the gold noticed his presence. Jumping slightly he sneered at the black beast, for he was the last one the gold wanted to see. The last time they had met the gold thought there was no way it could be more embarrassing than that, but it seemed he was wrong. Looking through the smoking vision the gold spies sees the dark devil looking on him with actual pity. With concern and defense. It made the gold brustle with so much irritation to be considered in such a light by such a creature that he nearly completely outdid himself, and slid a bit down the tree. The golden was quick to rally in the danger of falling before the black devil and shuffled his weight, picking himself back up against the tree.

His earth eyes stared at the dark devil, with a hard, mixture of cold heat. Lost was its usual melting and soft swirls of gold. There was not a single effort to hide. “What the fuck does it look like?” He spit with venom. The anger of the moment lashing out onto the only one in range to receive it. Angling himself again against the tree the gold seems to drop a 10 ton weight. His breath spats out in the absence of the ability to sigh and he seems to disarm himself against the dark devil. He had not even the strength to stare down another. “This state is from my own doing. Thor of Edge agreed to…take a message to Cetan for me.” His breath rasped against his rough throat, strained from the day’s previous efforts. “Don’t worry though, I wrote it very clearly all over his hide so it wouldn’t get lost in translation.” The gold snorted, with a grimace of effort. The image of that battered, broken stallion though did him much good.

Raising his crowned head to at least a less desperate level the gold looks with a more reserved sharpness. “This wench dared to go for me as I left.” His harks leaning forward and body tensing back up as his mind remembers itself, and its current emotions. “What do you know of the bitch Confutatis?” The gold, speaking the damn woman’s name rose off the tree. His legs protesting with shakes, but the gold not relenting. He had sank down low enough in rigor in front of the dark devil. He would know this woman, and she would pay dearly for her attempt. As if on cue a weight pressed against the golden’s lungs and his hacked roughly, shaking off his balance and shoving him back onto the tree. This was the one they would send to serve justice?

OOC :: @[Deimos]
"Speech"

Down came the rain
Image credit.

Ask Thranduil any question in the world, he'll be forced to answer on his profile. PM with your question.

Heather

The monster failed to react to the lashing of Thranduil’s tongue; the other’s anger slanted off his unattainable nonchalance, more interested in the story behind the rage. He fed off of wrath and indignation, devoured and consumed the molten aspects of ire and outrage, conspired through its infernal brew. The fact that the Thief’s lack of composure was of his own doing only caused a slight bristle, as if the Thief was suddenly wasting the Reaper’s time, and the notion to wander off back into the folds of darkness was a tempting reel – damning the benefits of his stoked barbarity. He wasn’t worried about this Cetan or Thor, if the brigand was obliged to battle for his goods or for his actions, the concern wouldn’t whittle its way into his notions; it was the second set of statements ensuring he would not take leave. They crossed and mired, sprang and collided, in the chaotic, bedlam enterprise of his mind, carved and sculpted amidst the Machiavellian, Mephistophelean preludes to a flame: he knew much about the aforementioned harpy. The name had ground and festered its way through their lands seasons before, bewitching and beguiling in its withering power, tempting and damning, awaiting constant persecution. She’d stolen children, absconded with Arah and her brood, had contemplated gaining access to their home via Illynx, had pierced their glacial fortress with talk of Regimes and empires – and they’d responded. He remembered the rage courting his frame, licking over the icy tendrils of his loathing, of his abhorrence, and it all seemed to combine and contort over and over again, like the day he’d massacred her son after he spilled each and every secret he could muster. Was it destined to happen all over again, with the grand skull-woman raising her head from the doldrums, from the throes, of her ruins? Did she seek destruction by their hands once more (he’d gladly bestow it upon her, thrust his rapier through her chest, across her nape, down the length of her carcass until she was just blood and bones)? The mention of her name caused his jaw to clench, his irritation to spike, cleverly invoked and conspiring, decadent and callous in its immoral grasp. His gaze narrowed to a dangerous, treacherous threshold, a menacing, malicious credence, granting abhorrence in the godless, acrimonious onslaught – voice granting all the information he held on the wench who yearned to rot in their halls. “Enough – she targeted us once before. While running her outcast band, the Regime, she abducted Arah and her children. They managed to escape, and we eventually stole Confutatis and her son.” He said nothing of the scion’s fate, of his bones lying beneath snow, of his frame withered and decayed, fading into naught, left and discarded. “She escaped when Hotaru, her captor, was stolen by the Throat.” The slightest sigh escaped his mouth, as if the irritation would only spread again at her resurgence – but then the rage fastened and took hold, sparked and spread through his structure, devilish hands tending and fueling the fires, building, blistering, scorching. If she didn't want to go away, to flee back into her burrows and warrens, they'd send her there. “It seems we need to teach her one more lesson.”

Deimos
Credits
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme
I'm a princess cut from marble, smoother than a storm
they used to shout my name, now they whisper it

Death followed her like the plague. The sky had exploded into a thousand pieces. Her nephew, Hototo, was dead. Never did she have a moment's respite, and she felt guilt weigh her stomach now for not having returned to the Basin in such a long time to update, but how could she, running back and forth from battles, bodies, and evidence? Gaucho was the killer. She struggled to reconcile his actions with his possession, needing a scapegoat for the pain in her heart. Her sister was nearly inconsolable. She and Torleik had argued. The tension between he and Mauja had been thick enough to cut with the tip of her horn.

And Confutatis tries to steal Thranduil?

The insignificant, meaningless and trivial action bristled her hide in all the wrong ways. How dare that mangy cur drool on her heartache! How dare that over-inflated witch try to poke at her family when the rest of the world sobbed for their losses? Words faded in her head at the rage in her heart, disappearing into twitching muscles and a need for blood, for action. The mare's babes had been born, and now there was no excuse not to crush the arrogant whelp into the ground where she belonged! Ophelia gnashed her teeth, seeing Deimos and Thranduil in the distance, and from the conversation, they were thinking much the same.

The pale princess, armored in silver, strode through, seeing Thranduil leaning against the tree, shortness of breath his plague. Ophelia's lips curled back from her teeth, ears pressing against the elegant arch of her neck. Her bloodied tail whipped around her hocks, a strange manifestation of her anger given the mare's usual, stony countenance. "I already tried to teach her one," the mare snarled, withers twitching as Tinek sat upon her back. "The arrogant bitch was pregnant at the time - ran from my challenge like the coward she is..." Ophelia trailed off, having to inhale on a hiss.

"I clipped the rat she calls a companion, but since I have seen her children playing near us, in the Frostbreath Steppe. The filly is unmistakable with that white skull on her face." Ophelia spoke clearly, though the ferocity of her expression was unchanging. "She hides behind assumed wiles, poking at us like a child, and I grow tired of her bullshit. I am not a child watcher of Helovia," she growled. "We have more important things to do than deal with a mare who is determined to act like the bullies of our youths - always a coward." Ophelia glanced up at Deimos, sparkling rage like ice evident in her strange, dual colored eyes.

"I humiliated her once. But once is, apparently, not enough. We must crush her until the lyrics of her existence are sung on mouths of babes about the woes of poking hungry bears... foolishness!"

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Thranduil

Really that dark devil could be an absolute downer. Like the gold needed anything else at the moment. His lack of even entertainment at the golden’s story made the whole thing more down right depressing. Good lord, Thranduil had nearly carved the beast up for Thanksgiving and Deimos was acting like he had done nothing but step on a bug. Still, there was one consolation. As his body hit the rough side of the tree again the golden saw a familiar spark flash about the dark demon. His jaw clinched, and body went more rigid that the gold had ever seen. With a malicious touch the gold slipped in “I’ll take that as a yes.” He wasn’t surprised though. That bitch was low, and as the dark devil began to speak it seemed she was even lower. Though he wasn’t surprised Hotaru had done her in. That pink spy was certainly making a name for herself as much as the gold.

Shifting, the gold lifted himself to his own feel once more. Seeing the dark devil speak of war roused something in the gold. It wasn’t rage, it was defensive. That was HIS target. It was HIS to trample into the dust- a shallow breath halts his thoughts, and the golden remains instead silent. His condition reminded to him. Winded and worn as he was, there was little left to rally against another.

A voice breaks the gold’s thoughts and his horned head jerks from its place. His Lady. She looked pissed. Looked good on her. Far better than that placid reserve she always tried to keep up. Still, the gold was not exactly thrilled to see her either. It was the blood stained who blocked the gold as he left the battlefield. She had protected him. God what a disgusting sentence. The golden needing protecting?! It was unheard of. Such foul language had never entered his thoughts before and good lord the gold would give his life before he thought such a thing again. Considering though the current conditions that might could be arranged.

Still, as the lady winds herself of her own encounters with the bitch and her new children the gold does take interest. It only made his inner fire spark more. How low of a bitch do you have to be to not even defend your honor. To plead the belly. Such a crime was nothing more than a low, it was worse. At least when a snake rattles its tail its willing to finish with a bite. This mare, this bitch, she did not even deserve the name of a thinking, feeling creature. The gold could care less if she had children or previous attacked the Basin, she had vied for him, and run from fights. It was pathetic, amoral, unnatural- “Leave her to me.” The gold’s body sways with the force of his own words and snort. It was laughable. Honorable, but completely idiotic. Pride never made such a larger fool. A cough bubbled in the golden’s dry throat, but was sequestered down. This was HIS brawl. He would die before he let either one of these gloryhogs take his fight from him. He would pound that mongrel into the dust. They had failed to show force and so the golden would. He always seemed to be the ones to get things done around here anyway. While sparks kept going off in that golden like fire crackers, there was still the unfortunate problem of having no wood to light them.

OOC :: @[Deimos] @[Ophelia]
"Speech"

Down came the rain
Image credit.

Heather

A wealth of information rekindled the instigated statue of seething maelstroms and blistering, scorching abhorrence; like a flame, it drew towards the mouths of infernos, igniting, conspiring, unwinding bit-by-bit, ember-by-ember. The Forsaken arrived, galvanized by her own mishaps and experiences with the restless entrails of a wench who thought herself mastermind – perhaps her true art lain in provocation, because that’s all that seemed to transpire from her actions. A cycle of stupidity: resurgence, revelations, and revolution, a renewal of the bestial shades and the sinful masses, grinding and unfurling to the heathen immoralities and infidel infatuations, chasing down a skull-bearing woman who did naught but mock. Where they’d pressed against her in the genesis of malice he truly had no idea, but the hatred stuck, and it coiled, and it festered until the contemptuous wrath lurked and brewed in a steady cauldron of fire and brimstone. She’d pricked and plucked at the wrong empire, sought to bring her bones and armor into the heart of their ice, and even after she’d been taken into their glacial prison, seemed to yearn for it again. What was it that made lunatics tick? The fact the harpy had managed to breed again after he’d already wiped out one of her line caused the beast to almost roll his eyes in irritation; instead, a tick wore in his jaw, a press of annoyance, of agitation, building and grinding as his aversion and animosity built a steady crescendo. Ophelia had already given her a trial, to no avail it appeared, and now she drummed outside their gates like a lost idiot, begging for release into her brindled barbs of hell. He could give her what she wanted: demise, quietus, death, stabbing and lancing against her until she was nothing but skin and bone and blood, dying in the eaves of wintry boughs, where no one would mourn the loss of another fool. Discarded and forgotten, one more cretin put to condemnation for their insane wiles against a foe more powerful than themselves. He could nail cowardice into her spine and pin it through her skull, rake her bones over stones and rubble and ice, watch it settle and fall down prison ramparts. It was his turn, after all.

The piercing gaze, signifying Ophelia’s presence before turning towards Thranduil, landed upon the Thief with chilling indifference, already composed and eager for the fray. The latter couldn’t be obliged in his request, not while he fell over himself and clung to a tree for assistance and guidance – in truth, the glory and triumph should’ve been his to own, but his state left little appeal for vigilance and survival. The Reaper snorted, quirked a brow, and manifested a cold, dry endeavor. “I do not doubt your capability,” here he paused, fortifying the hard enamel of his precision, of his prowess, of his corporeal, tangible power, drowning and draining the ramparts. “However, your current state will prove ineffective.” He twisted back towards the Lady, a chiseled canvas of war and all its drums, all its bonds, all its blood, armor, and ferocity, proffering the mutinous, revolution chords he’d longed to utilize for so long. Like a conviction, like a promise, like a song of the destitute and an opus for the devil, awakened and unfolding, blistering and blinding, immorality sanctioned and justified: “I will do it.”

Deimos
Credits