the Rift

[PRIVATE] Exiles Of The Ash

Bucephalus the Morningstar Posts: 292
Hidden Account atk: 7 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.1 :: 6 || Tallsun HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Azeeza :: Orange-breasted Falcon :: None Tribs

Bucephalus the Morningstar

I left Hertz with Morrigan, entrusting my child to the mare as I turned and began heading up the mountain, my movements robotic. I could hear him behind me, feel his stare on my spine, taste his anger on the air and smell his achingly-familiar scent, a scent that stirred memories of playing in springtime meadows and racing across dunes together. Memories of carefree times, of childhood, of times long ago.

It was really only...what, Three years now? Four? I had stopped counting....

I reach the arch, and thankfully it is empty. But I do not enter, no, I stand in the snow outside of it, my back still to my brother, to my twin-of-soul, before slowly I set Azeeza down on a rock, to keep her out of harm's way as I turn to face Telesaan.

For a moment, I am silent, gaze flickering over his shape. He is tall.. taller than I thought he would be, and has filled out well. "You've grown." It's all I can say. No 'im sorry' or 'hey I killed our family but, past's in the past you know?'. My mouth is dry, my wings clamped to my sides, tight, my spine as taut as a tree limb bent near-breaking point.

He is quiet, watching through my eyes, hissing soundlessly at the back of my thoughts. To him, Telesaan was a threat to everything we had achieved. He wanted me to make sure he died this time, but I shoved his insidious thoughts away.

It was all I could do to not beg forgiveness.

@[Telesaan]
Can't Chain Me Down
I'm Comin' At You At The Speed Of Sound
Image :: Table

Pixel by Aud

Telesaan Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

The desolate stare that he received back from the brother the he had once loved so dearly hurt more than one could know. All this time had passed and yet he had never come back, never even a glimpse. While he had struggled for breath and for life Altan had been the one who he had called out to but no he had gone. As the next two years passed it was painful and there had been many times he had wanted to give up but he had fought on. Standing here now knowing what had been done while he had been struggling made things all the worse.The only fucking reason that he had backed off before had been for that child. The mare could have tried to put an end to it but with the amount of anger he could feel boiling within his veins he doubted she could have succeeded.

Following Altan now was only lengthening the inevitable discussion that he had begun to dread more than death itself. The tension was like lightning sparking between them and the amount of emotion was nearly overwhelming. After all these years he had finally found his brother only to face him with what he had done. The climb irritated the stiffness spreading through his shoulder from where Morrigan had impacted it. It had to be his right side...it couldn't have been his good one. Watching him coldly the stallion stiffened when those eyes finally turned to face him. When words finally left his mouth it was a joke and he couldn't help but wonder what had happened after all this time. Did he think that he was stupid or was it that he had already pegged him off as deceased.

"After all this time that's what you have to say for yourself?" He retorted coming to stand only a few paces away to face his twin. Shaking his head in disgust he tried to fight back the painful emotions that threatened to rise from his soul. " How could you?!" Pausing for a moment to still the tremors he continued. " Did you think that you could just take off and live scotch free somewhere else? You of all people! I trusted you!"

Telesaan talks

•• TAGS: •• NOTES: ••

Table by Moonstone Designs

Well what the FUCK did he expect me to say?!

Dark ears pin back as gold eyes narrow, and his look of disgust strikes harder than he could know. He trusted me? He trusted me?! Bullshit. Bullshit soaked in week-old piss and left out to bake in midday summer sun!

"I thought you were FUCKING DEAD Telesaan!" I snap, my mood flipping quick as a serpent strike. "And yes, I did. That's the whole damn point of leaving my fucking home. You trusted me? Yeah, right. If you did, why... WHY DID YOU NEVER TRY TO FIND ME?! To fucking TELL ME you were alive and I wasn't the only gods-forsaken one of our lineage!?"

It is my turn to accuse, my voice raising, anger dripping from my words. He is not without fault either! Perhaps my sins stained my soul, yet had he not committed wrongs nearly as grievous as my own?! If he lived, why did he never seek us out?! He could have cleared my name, avoided all of this... Yet he chose to hide away like a fucking coward.

I didn't know his reasoning. Just as he didn't know mine. I had left so that I could have a normal life for once, to have a chance at the life I should have had! Who the FUCK did he think he was, storming in here and threatening everything I had worked for?! He was no innocent either!

However I had no doubts about which of us was the true sinner.

@[Telesaan]
Can't Chain Me Down

Pixel by Aud

Unregistered

Oh so here it goes with good old sparkle trying to turn the tables away from himself. Wouldn't that be typical of someone who had to live with the horrors of knowing they killed everything that the had once held so dear. His words slice terribly through the raw emotions leaving old wounds once again exposed for all to see. "Don't try to turn this shit on me! I am not the one who killed them all!" He snapped not caring what parts of his brother he tore at. He was pissed off and for once he had the right to be.

"Why didn't I try and find you? Seriously! Don't you think I tried! I have spent much of the last four fucking years trying to recover from that god forsaken accident!! If not for that lone mare I would have died right where you left me!" He shouted before lashing out angrily striking a stone in two with his hoof. Out of everyone he had known his brother had not been one to turn and run away from his problems like a coward. What had happened to the brother he had once known to create this...this monster. The words spoken were only touching at the remnants laying on the tip of the iceberg, words could not describe the pain he felt.

" Everyday I called out for you! Everyday I wondered why it was that my flesh and blood had gone and abandoned me when I needed you the most." By this point the trembling could not be helped but he refused to back off. " When I finally managed to regain movement in my fractured legs I went searching only to find Daehgo drowning in his own blood. I would not have believed it had been you if I had not heard it by his dying breath!

Taking a moment to draw a breath in he shuddered at watching their friend die before him in cold blood. It couldn't be true.... No he couldn't have... Those words repeated over and over in his head for months. Yet eventually he had to face the harsh reality that it had indeed been Altan who had slaughtered their own family.

Telesaan talks

My lips peeled back, and Azee screamed sharply, my anger flowing through our bond. She did not understand what was going on, but to her Telesaan was making her bonded angry, and that infuriated the chick to the point where she was hissing.

"YOU KNOW NOTHING!" I roar, stamping a hoof into the ice beneath my feet, ears pinned so flat against my head that they vanished into my mane. "You DIED Telesaan! All of us thought you were DEAD!!" I turn sharply, pacing angrily, the only way I knew how to vent my growing fury without lunging out at my brother.

He knew nothing. "Tell me, dear brother, why follow after me? What makes you think I can't kill you easier than I did our mother and father?" I hissed, gaze locked on him. My words were a bluff, I could not bring myself to harm him, even though he is the single-greatest threat in my life right now.

"I want you to go away. Leave me alone and stay the fuck away from me." My wings twitch angrily, a snort escaping me. He didn't know anything! He had no right to judge me, to stand here and throw words like knives at me.

@[Telesaan]
Can't Chain Me Down

Pixel by Aud

Unregistered

The incessant racket of the chick was beginning to get on his nerves with it screeching blindly. Glaring at it through icy orbs and pinned ears he didn't dare attempt to silence the thing for it would only cause more issues. Altan's words did more damage than he thought possible at this point in time. His heart wanted things to be just the same as it had been back then, but was it possible? Flinching as each sentence tore another strip off, he tried not to let it show his vulnerability.

"Go Ahead Then! Kill Me! If thats what you wish get it over with and go back to your oh so happy fucking life! Baring his wings wide in offering the stallion stood awaiting his brothers choice. At least then he could be put out of his misery and be with his family again. That accident had left him with many scars physically and mentally but it was the physical ones he needed his brother to see. "I have nothing to lose for you were all I had left! Everyone else is dead! Or did you forget about that part!" He spat his voice wavering slightly as the pained emotions .

"You want to know why I came back? I came back because family does not leave family! I am no coward and I do not run away from my problems." Sometimes he wondered why he had survived that accident when there was nothing left to live for. When he could have given himself over to the reaper willingly, he had chosen to live. So many of his years wasted and for what? " All I ask is when you kill me make sure I am really dead this time before you turn your back on me again!

Telesaan talks

Each and every word is a knife, carving my soul and leaving bloody trails of anger behind. I watch him, weary, mournful and hollow. Had it taken this long for him to see? For him to realize I was not who I was? How could I be the same, when all I had done weighed on me like a mountain? Helovia was a paradise, a place where I could begin to heal myself, right my wrongs and settle my guilt.

And here was my past, giving me a 'hello' and a 'fuck you'.

"What did you expect of me, Sunny?" The fight is gone, my wings hang limp and my head is bowed. Until this day the weight of my sins had been bearable, costing me only peaceful sleep. Yet now it sapped at my strength, seeking to break me down and crumble the Morningstar into dust.

"What did you expect? That we would reunite, rainbows would appear in the sky, and birds would sing as we skip off into happily ever after?" I look at him, gaze hollow and defeated. "Wake up call: You're wrong." I shake my head, then turn to Azee, pressing my face against her small, fluffy body, feeling her wings curl around my muzzle in comfort.

"What do you want from me Telesaan? An apology? Have it. I'm sorry." I look back to him. "You want my hide? Take it. Want me to suffer? Already am. Why did you seek me out, brother?" A flood was coming, my brother rose from the dead, and I lost a friend because of Azeeza, my children were scattered to the wind, and my safety, my security, was threatened.

What a wonderfully fucked up season this was turning out to be.

Can't Chain Me Down

Pixel by Aud