the Rift

[OPEN] Mischief Managed

Bucephalus the Morningstar Posts: 292
Hidden Account atk: 7 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.1 :: 6 || Tallsun HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Azeeza :: Orange-breasted Falcon :: None Tribs

Bucephalus

The name floats towards me from a voice that is familiar. A voice that speaks what she thinks is my name. I am almost tempted to pretend I didn't hear it, to hope she would leave and not see me so wobbly-legged and weak from strain.

But I would not, I enjoyed our encounters too much and they were far in-between.

So once I made sure I would not fall to the sand again, I turn and look up at Ampere with a nicker of greeting, my gaze landing upon the small colt at her side, at his dark coat and blue markings. Quickly my gaze scans his face, searching for any obvious sign branding him as mine. Breccan I could claim with ease. Not only had i been there for his birth, his eye held my brand. Tempe had a more simplified version, but it was there. And both possessed my curled locks.

This colt could easily be mine or just as easily not. It made me uneasy, and I approach slowly, cautiously. If she told me that he was mine... I wasn't sure what I would do. Probably hit myself repeatedly on the head with a tree for sticking you-know-what in you-know-who's you-know-whats.

"Ampere... good to see you. And who is the little gentleman?" I pause before them, lowering my head to better examine the colt. It is then I see his...predicament. His single wing. Sorrow pierces me, sharp as a knife. His parentage was questionable, but regardless I would always feel sorrow for those who could never fly, and especially for those who possessed the equipment for it but could not.

I raise my head, focusing on the blue mare with a faint flicker of a smile. "I did not take you for a mother..." My head tilts, and my gaze flickers over her features, over the roundness motherhood left behind on mares. "It looks good on you." I may like all mares, young or older, but those who held the child-roundness just appealed more.

Contrary to my actions, now that I think about it. Alija and Arvakl had not felt another man's touch before they bore my children. Maybe I actually liked the younger ones...

Or maybe I just liked them all. Who knew.

"Altan's speech."
"Buce's speech."

Image Credit

Pixel by Aud

Messages In This Thread
Mischief Managed - by Bucephalus - 01-25-2015, 11:22 PM
RE: Mischief Managed - by Ampere - 01-26-2015, 11:35 PM
RE: Mischief Managed - by Zèklè - 01-29-2015, 01:26 AM
RE: Mischief Managed - by Bucephalus - 01-30-2015, 03:54 PM
RE: Mischief Managed - by Ampere - 02-02-2015, 02:16 AM