the Rift

Truth or Dare?

Artorius Posts: 39
Up For Adoption atk: 7 | def: 9.5 | dam: 3
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 15.2hh :: 5 years HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Barnabas :: Puffin :: None Adoptable
Artorius
candles dripping on your body baby, this ain't truth or dare

The moments ticked by, slowly, oh so slowly it seemed as I stood there trying to figure out where this hunting trip for my mother would lead me. But in reality it didn't take too long at all for the approach of another being to reach my forward pricked ears, finally my attention could be pulled away by the maze of similar trunks that were beginning to give me a headache of massive proportions. A gentle smile spread across my features, my kind nature one of the few traits I had gained in my short time with my mother, as the pale rosy colored mare strode from the treeline with a strange feathered dragon nestled upon her back. I had seen dragons in my day, they were nothing to cause a big fuss over, but the feathers coming off of this beautiful specimen was something that I wasn't very familiar with.
Emeralds settled on the dragon's lithe frame until words fell, shakily from the small, one eared mare's dark pink velvets. "Can I… be of any assistance, sire?" Her words quickly drew my attention away from her bonded, wanting to be as polite as possible considering this pretty, shy mare could possibly be my ticket to finding my mother. A gentle smile stretched my sporty features as my skull dipped ever so slightly in a greeting to my welcoming committee of one. "Is this land Helovia?" I questioned, praying desperately to whatever gods looked over this land that I was in the right place and not another year's travels away from my destination. My skull tilted slightly to the right as glossy feathers ruffled against each other and my side before my midnight stained kissers parted once more. "My apologizes, I am Artorius, formerly of Nocturne. Feel free to call me any shortened version of that if it suits you. Who might you be?" Words spilled forward smooth as honey as they settled into the light breeze that somehow had found it's way around the trunks of the forest that had welcomed me into whatever land it was I had found myself in.
My mind wandered again to my painted mother, wondering how this experience had been for her, if this was truly the lands called Helovia. Was the choice easier for her than it had been for me? Had she found the lands in good health, or had the storm robbed her of the spark of life? Leaving her to hang on by a thin thread before someone had came along to steal her away, a child and a family left in her wake. One day it would be a question I asked her, I would tell her of the one eared pink mare and her feathered lizard and the decision I could see planned out ahead of me. But first I was curious as to why she had never came back to steal me away to these beautiful lands, why she hadn't came back to take me home with her and raise me as a mother should. It was nice to think that I had turned out fairly decent even without her guiding me along the way, but only time would tell, at three years old I still had plenty of growing to do.

"Speech here."
Tag;; @[Abba]
Words;; 546
Notes;; Woo! A little bit better!!

Credits: Image by fidber @ flickr
  • Please Tag in All Replies!
  • Slight Force Allowed, no death or maiming. No serious injuries.

Messages In This Thread
Truth or Dare? - by Artorius - 01-25-2015, 11:31 PM
RE: Truth or Dare? - by Resplendence - 01-25-2015, 11:50 PM
RE: Truth or Dare? - by Artorius - 01-26-2015, 07:02 PM
RE: Truth or Dare? - by Resplendence - 01-26-2015, 08:21 PM
RE: Truth or Dare? - by Artorius - 01-26-2015, 08:59 PM
RE: Truth or Dare? - by Resplendence - 01-26-2015, 09:28 PM
RE: Truth or Dare? - by Artorius - 01-27-2015, 10:16 AM
RE: Truth or Dare? - by Resplendence - 01-27-2015, 04:15 PM
RE: Truth or Dare? - by Artorius - 01-27-2015, 04:59 PM
RE: Truth or Dare? - by Resplendence - 01-27-2015, 10:26 PM