the Rift

Truth or Dare?

Artorius Posts: 39
Up For Adoption atk: 7 | def: 9.5 | dam: 3
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 15.2hh :: 5 years HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Barnabas :: Puffin :: None Adoptable
Artorius
candles dripping on your body baby, this ain't truth or dare

A chuckle, that about a year ago would have still carried a childish tone to it, slipped from deep within my chest spilled out into the clearing I had managed to find myself in as the feathered lizard puffed out his chest like a stallion trying to gain the attention of a mare in heat. Not that I had much authority in that subject, my time would come, but I had seen plenty of fools trying to win over the mares before. It was strange to think that one day I would be puffing out my chest and ruffling my feathers in hopes of gaining the opposite sex's favor for well, sex. But I didn't allow my attention to linger long on the feathered beast who's dance ended sooner than I had expected, just around the same time that it's bonded spoke up.
The smile that passed over my features in habit seemed to calm the wary mare's nerves a tad. Her expression lightening up a little as I smiled and offered a short bow in greeting before allowing my own sprawl of words to interrupt the silence, as the birds still had not restarted their wonderful tunes. Had I been anywhere else this thought may have disturbed me, but maybe they were scoping out the fresh meat just as the pink mare before me was. "Artorius. It's a pleasure to meet you. This is Helovia, the claiming grounds specifically since everyone has to enter through this forest. I am Resplendence, and this dragon is Valiance." As she spoke her body shifted just enough that the dragon, Valiance, would be visible for an encore, but I didn't focus as much on him this time. I had succeeded.
I was in Helovia, the land that my own mother had left me for. The ghost of a smile crept across my features this time, it seemed to be a proper gesture to the events occurring in the reality around me as well. For surely only the heartless would remain stony faced as a dragon did a dance for them. "The name suits you Lady Resplendence, and you as well Sir Valiance." As I spoke my attention turned to each one in turn before emeralds focused once more on the molten, metallic eyes of the mare as her words filled the silence once again. "I currently reside in the World's Edge."
Glossy ears flicked forward as my eardrums reached forwards to grasp onto whatever information about these lands the small mare might have to offer about these mysterious lands. World's Edge didn't quite ring any bells as of yet, but then again I didn't remember much of anything my mother would have said about Helovia. I only knew the name of it because I was informed of where she had decided to remain, and the directions here were gifts of knowledge from those I had passed on my travels. Otherwise I probably would still be wandering around the lands of Nocturne. Emeralds lit up ever so slightly with curiosity as I focused back on reality once more, hoping that my questions wouldn't chase off the mare who was so welcoming to the stranger. "World's Edge, it sounds beautiful. If I'm not too much of a bother, would you mind telling me more about it? Is it truly the end of the world?" If the name proved to be reality, wouldn't that be an exciting story for grandchildren, to tell them of the time you spent living on the edge of the world.

"Speech here."
Tag;; @[Abba]
Words;; 588
Notes;;

Credits: Image by fidber @ flickr
  • Please Tag in All Replies!
  • Slight Force Allowed, no death or maiming. No serious injuries.

Messages In This Thread
Truth or Dare? - by Artorius - 01-25-2015, 11:31 PM
RE: Truth or Dare? - by Resplendence - 01-25-2015, 11:50 PM
RE: Truth or Dare? - by Artorius - 01-26-2015, 07:02 PM
RE: Truth or Dare? - by Resplendence - 01-26-2015, 08:21 PM
RE: Truth or Dare? - by Artorius - 01-26-2015, 08:59 PM
RE: Truth or Dare? - by Resplendence - 01-26-2015, 09:28 PM
RE: Truth or Dare? - by Artorius - 01-27-2015, 10:16 AM
RE: Truth or Dare? - by Resplendence - 01-27-2015, 04:15 PM
RE: Truth or Dare? - by Artorius - 01-27-2015, 04:59 PM
RE: Truth or Dare? - by Resplendence - 01-27-2015, 10:26 PM