the Rift

[PRIVATE] And Then There Were Three

Kaj The Aurelight Posts: 381
Hidden Falls Conscript atk: 4.0 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2hh :: 8 Years 9 Months HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Arabella :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya Brit
KAJ

A strong smile spread across the handsome face of the golden king. Though he had not doubted Kahlua, nor her opinions, he was still recklessly joyful to know that she had agreed with him on the prospect he had approached her with. It had been mere days since he had walked with Archibald along the borders, confessing his troubles and cementing a bond with the brute that he treasured still. In the back of his mind, Kaj had been playing with an idea that he had not shared with Archibald, and to know that he had Kahlua's support at his back was delightful. He was cantering through the Edge in his excitement, full-breasted and hot as it was. He felt as if he could tackle the world, and he wasn't even the one who would be receiving the good news.

"Archibald!" he bellowed into the copse surrounding him, circling tight and watching as the mud went flying from beneath this hooves, raining upon the delicate paleness of his coat. The King did not care much for appearances, but he laughed softly to see his excitement written so plainly in the scoring of the earth beneath his hooves. Wings flared, encompassing all the free space they could in the cramped forest setting. He trusted Archibald would come to his call, but the waiting might just kill him in his eagerness. Truly it was shameful, but he did not care.

All that was left was to wait.

Kaj snorted and attempted to reign himself in, though he continued to move restlessly in his excitement, wings clasping at his sides as he tried to keep from moving around too much. He still had an image to uphold, and it should be Archibald who was excited, not Kaj. Briefly he thought of calling Ktulu to him as well, but thought better of it. Close though they were, the promotions were separate, and they deserved to be treated as the brilliant individuals they were. Kaj would seek out Ktulu later, after he told Archibald the good news. The information would likely be spread by then, at least to one another, with how Archibald had spoken of the Grey.

EDGE
fo Lyfe
Image Credit Table by Sevin

credit bronzehalo
Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!
Plot with me here!

Archibald the Dauntless Posts: 386
Absent Abyss atk: 6.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Equine :: 18.3 hh :: 10 years HP: 80 | Buff: SHIELD
Loretta :: Alaskan Malamute :: Time Slip Time

ARCHIBALD & LORETTA
Unlock the dark destroyer that's buried within
My true vocation, and now my unfortunate friend

Archibald and Loretta were patrolling, deep within the lands of the Edge. In the distance the sounds of the waves slamming against the rock of the cliff sides were a constant melody, mixing with the sounds of birds and other animals scurrying about the home they shared with the World's Edge herd. Archibald's eyes swept over the herd mates he passed on his walking, nodding to most but not uttering a word. He was on duty, and after the spat with the intruder just recently, he was on high alert.

The call took the pair by surprise, but it made them move. Quickly, through the trees Archibald and his companion weaved, wondering why their king would call them so fervently. In the distance, Archibald could see Kaj's golden body dancing around, his wings springing at his sides. Perhaps he was battling, the thought made Archibald's heart pound in his chest and he pushed his head forward, moving faster and faster until, finally, he closed the distance between him and his king. Archibald came to a screaming halt, hocks nearly digging trenches in the loamy soil beneath his steel-clad hooves. The Dauntless moved his head around, eyes darting frantically for the intruder, but he saw none. After the encounter with Ktulu and Soren just a night before, the Dauntless had not stopped patrolling their borders. Confused at his brother in arms' dance, Archibald finally spoke.

"What is it?" Archibald lifted his body to stand square, facing the golden king before him. His molten eyes were hard, but they showed his quizzical attitude well in this moment. What enchantment had overtaken the Stormbringer so that he was moving around like a colt, fire and the sky behind his powder blue eyes? Loretta, confused as well, did not take lightly to being disturbed in such a manner. Grumbling a low growl of frustration, the bitch threw herself to lay on the ground. Her jaws parted and she panted, her heart still pounding with the phantom stress of an oncoming battle. I need to fight soon, or I am going to explode. Loretta mused harshly towards Archibald, obviously still bitter with his recent demeanor of leaving her out of his spars with their herd mates.

You will discover a war you're unable to win

Through the ages of time
I've been known for my hate,
but I'm a dealer of simple choices;
for me it's never too late.

please tag me

Kaj The Aurelight Posts: 381
Hidden Falls Conscript atk: 4.0 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2hh :: 8 Years 9 Months HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Arabella :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya Brit
KAJ

Though Kaj was aware of how he must look, he was far too excited to quell his reaction. Part of him wanted to simply shoot through the boughs overhead, break them apart beneath the force of his wings and simply find Archibald himself. The brute was sure to be patrolling, after all, and all it would take would be a quick scanning of the borders to find him. Still, the Edge was massive, and even that seemed to be impractical somehow. Especially if Archibald was patrolling with a partner. No, Kaj wanted this revelation to be private, between himself and Archibald alone.

The distance crashing and thundering of hooves caught and held his attention, and he spun agilely towards the sound to greet his Captain head on. Archibald's nares were flared and bright with blood, adrenaline surely. Part of Kaj felt guilty, for causing such an expression, such a fear in the breast of his brother. Yet that was in the past, and there was nothing that he could do aside from briefly dip his head in sincere apology to the beast standing before him. Perhaps his news would inspire more forgiveness.

Loretta's growling even summoned a short chuckle from the mighty child of the sun, tossing his head and shuffling his wings back to his sides, restraining them and hoping that restraint would follow in himself as well. Clearing his throat, he smiled at Archibald and even gave a smile towards Loretta, pleading her forgiveness on the matter.

"My apologies, my excitement has bested me. I have news for you, Archibald, and it should rightfully be you who is excited." Moving a few steps back, his gaze firmed into a serious sheen of cerulean. Kaj regarded the mighty beast as if picking him apart at the seams, dissecting him, before he nodded solemnly to himself and took a step forward back into Archibald's aura and space.

"Kahlua and I have spoken at length, regarding a multitude matters. A few in which you yourself planted inside my mind. One in particular I did not share with you, originally." His voice rumbled deep and quiet, serious, his excitement buried tightly beneath it. His excitement would only be valid if Archibald accepted, after all. But Kaj had been raised on tradition, on words, and so this would likely take a few moments more.

"I trust you in my weakness and in my strength, Dauntless. You are my brother, in spirit, in blood shed and shared, in battle and peace. I ask of you, will you come to my side, will you be my equal?" Piercing blue eyes bore down on gold. "Will you lead this family with me? Will you become Archibald the Dauntless, King of the Edge?" And with those words, the fate fell to Archibald's hands, to be decided upon. Would he take the proffered crown?

EDGE
fo Lyfe
Image Credit Table by Sevin

credit bronzehalo
Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!
Plot with me here!

Archibald the Dauntless Posts: 386
Absent Abyss atk: 6.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Equine :: 18.3 hh :: 10 years HP: 80 | Buff: SHIELD
Loretta :: Alaskan Malamute :: Time Slip Time

ARCHIBALD & LORETTA
Unlock the dark destroyer that's buried within
My true vocation, and now my unfortunate friend

Loretta grumbled, watching Kaj before them. She turned her amber eyes towards Archibald, scoffing mentally. We have better things to do. She growled across their bond, lowering her head to rest her chin on her paws. She had no time for this charade, whatever it may be. Loretta looked into the distance, seemingly bored and frustrated, and let the pale buckskin speak.

Archibald moved his leg out to bump Loretta, scolding her for having such poor manners. Turning his attention back to Kaj, however, Archibald stayed silent and respectful and let the stallion speak freely. His words were laced with his undeniable excitement, and his dance was justified now in the titan's mind. Kaj spoke about how the excitement needed to spread within Archibald's breast and the beast smirked, bemused by his king. However, the discussion with Kahlua set Archibald to focus intently. Had he told the queen of Archibald's desire to lift Ktulu back into her rightful place as Captain? Surely, the mare deserved it more than any other warrior in this herd. She was dedicated and smart and loyal--especially to Archibald. Nodding with Kaj's words, the behemoth waited, expecting Ktulu's promotion to remain the center of attention.

It was not, however.

"I trust you in my weakness and in my strength, Dauntless. You are my brother, in spirit, in blood shed and shared, in battle and peace. I ask of you, will you come to my side, will you be my equal...will you lead this family with me? Will you become Archibald the Dauntless, King of the Edge?"

The question took him by surprise, but the Dauntless did not miss a beat. "I would be honored." Archibald nodded to Kaj, lowering his head in respect to the King--his equal. Loretta jumped from her laying position, dancing around and between Archibald's hooves. She yipped, body trembling with her excitement. See, we did not have better things to do. Archibald teased, a silent smile playing at his pale lips. Turning his eyes back to Kaj, he spoke freely, "Give my regards to the queen, I must seek out my Circe and bring her home. We are expecting a child."

Archibald touched Kaj's shoulder but moved past him, looking beyond towards the Sky Island where he had left his mate.

Little did he know, his promotion would be followed by the worst moment of his life.

You will discover a war you're unable to win

Through the ages of time
I've been known for my hate,
but I'm a dealer of simple choices;
for me it's never too late.

please tag me