the Rift

[PRIVATE] And Then There Were Three

Kaj The Aurelight Posts: 381
Hidden Falls Conscript atk: 4.0 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2hh :: 8 Years 9 Months HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Arabella :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya Brit
KAJ

Though Kaj was aware of how he must look, he was far too excited to quell his reaction. Part of him wanted to simply shoot through the boughs overhead, break them apart beneath the force of his wings and simply find Archibald himself. The brute was sure to be patrolling, after all, and all it would take would be a quick scanning of the borders to find him. Still, the Edge was massive, and even that seemed to be impractical somehow. Especially if Archibald was patrolling with a partner. No, Kaj wanted this revelation to be private, between himself and Archibald alone.

The distance crashing and thundering of hooves caught and held his attention, and he spun agilely towards the sound to greet his Captain head on. Archibald's nares were flared and bright with blood, adrenaline surely. Part of Kaj felt guilty, for causing such an expression, such a fear in the breast of his brother. Yet that was in the past, and there was nothing that he could do aside from briefly dip his head in sincere apology to the beast standing before him. Perhaps his news would inspire more forgiveness.

Loretta's growling even summoned a short chuckle from the mighty child of the sun, tossing his head and shuffling his wings back to his sides, restraining them and hoping that restraint would follow in himself as well. Clearing his throat, he smiled at Archibald and even gave a smile towards Loretta, pleading her forgiveness on the matter.

"My apologies, my excitement has bested me. I have news for you, Archibald, and it should rightfully be you who is excited." Moving a few steps back, his gaze firmed into a serious sheen of cerulean. Kaj regarded the mighty beast as if picking him apart at the seams, dissecting him, before he nodded solemnly to himself and took a step forward back into Archibald's aura and space.

"Kahlua and I have spoken at length, regarding a multitude matters. A few in which you yourself planted inside my mind. One in particular I did not share with you, originally." His voice rumbled deep and quiet, serious, his excitement buried tightly beneath it. His excitement would only be valid if Archibald accepted, after all. But Kaj had been raised on tradition, on words, and so this would likely take a few moments more.

"I trust you in my weakness and in my strength, Dauntless. You are my brother, in spirit, in blood shed and shared, in battle and peace. I ask of you, will you come to my side, will you be my equal?" Piercing blue eyes bore down on gold. "Will you lead this family with me? Will you become Archibald the Dauntless, King of the Edge?" And with those words, the fate fell to Archibald's hands, to be decided upon. Would he take the proffered crown?

EDGE
fo Lyfe
Image Credit Table by Sevin

credit bronzehalo
Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!
Plot with me here!

Messages In This Thread
And Then There Were Three - by Kaj - 01-25-2015, 11:57 PM
RE: And Then There Were Three - by Archibald - 01-26-2015, 01:37 AM
RE: And Then There Were Three - by Kaj - 01-26-2015, 03:04 AM
RE: And Then There Were Three - by Archibald - 01-26-2015, 04:14 PM