the Rift

[PRIVATE] chemical reactions

Hotaru the Valkyrie Posts: 295
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 10.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3hh :: 6 Years 3 Months HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Alice :: Royal Hellhound :: Acid Brit
Hotaru
and Alice

Though young and full of the same ignorant naivety that all youth possessed, Alice's nose was far more attuned to the shifts and subtleties of the earth and its inhabitants than Hotaru's. Her little head lifted, a pathetic rumbling sound echoing in the cage of her chest as she turned to stare out into the distance. Hotaru lifted her own, tiara held high and divergent irises alert. Alice had yet to let her down in regards to warnings, and she trusted the pup's instincts. On the horizon, against the glare of the flagging sun, a golden form advanced. Hotaru had chosen her parent's tree both for comfort and security, but also because the Arch was one of the few places Basiners almost always had to tread when entering or leaving. It was the best place to catch Thranduil, grudgingly give him her platitudes.

Ahead of his cloven-hooved steps came bounding a fawn of some sorts, and it reminded her so much of Raeden for a moment, the brief bitter reunion they'd had at the Basin borders, that her chest hurt. It was too close, too intimate and painful. She kept her face tight and controlled, for even though Thranduil was distant and her features concealed by the lack of clarity closeness brought, there were things Hotaru would rather not reveal physically. Even to herself.

Alice whirled and ran through the snow, tripping and fumbling on tiny puppy paws towards the odd new creature approaching. Jovial, tiny barks pierced from her tongue out into the air. Hotaru was slammed with a sudden sensation of curiosity, frustrated need, and delight. Rolling her eyes to herself, Hotaru popped her hip off the warm bark and strode in tandem towards the sun-kissed brute. She would not be cornered. The she-wolf was not so foolish as to believe that Thranduil was harmless, herd association notwithstanding.

Her name slid like butter and silk from his tongue, and she cocked her hip and tilted her head, a playful smile on her lips. They were interlocked in an intricate dance, one only they could see and participate in. Whirling round and round and round to a music meant only for their ears. It was exhilarating, even with nothing more sliding from their lips than titles and given names. "Thranduil," was all she called in returned greeting, awaiting his true arrival on long limbs. He dwarfed her, as he moved closer. Hotaru had always been petite, and though it made her skin crawl and itch for him to shadow himself above her, she held her tongue. It made her feel small, frail. Hotaru was a queen amongst men, a damsel turned maleficent maelstrom. He made her feel wrong, and in turn, it made her desire to reach for the dagger hidden in the folds of her dress.

Eyes flickered to Alice, an indication of what, exactly, was new. One of many things, though Alice was the only one she would willingly share with the sneaky git. "Let's not dance, dearest," she purred, eyes like a flash of feline's in the dark just before her prey went down in a spray of blood and a choked off scream. "You kept Gull off my ass. This is merely a...formality." Inclining her head slightly, she cursed her meager height in comparison to him, and slowly struck out one leg to circle him. Slow and deliberate.

A sigh escaped her, clucking softly to herself.

"If only we weren't both so self-serving," she murmured, a look of pity on her beautiful face. "You would have been quite the business partner," was the sighed intonation that followed. A delicate shake of the head and a tilt of her hind hoof and she was back to regarding him, all hawk and hellfire. "That was all I needed you here for. I can take care of myself, I do not need your protection. But nonetheless, I thank you for it." Were she a lesser woman, perhaps her voice would have been stiff and cordial, gritting out each word and inflection with her reluctance to speak it. For though she was reluctant to say the words, Hotaru would not show how much she despised being at his mercy. She had won his little game, his chiding only infuriating her and driving her to steal the next clue of murder all the sooner. As much as Hotaru hated to admit it, he drove her. Forward and up. Her rival, not that she found him particularly deserving of the title sometimes.

Image by Frostie-Spirits.deviantart.com
[Image: 515265280ffff]

::Strong like the sea is stormy::

Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!
Plot with me here!

Messages In This Thread
chemical reactions - by Hotaru - 01-26-2015, 01:35 AM
RE: chemical reactions - by Thranduil - 02-07-2015, 11:11 PM
RE: chemical reactions - by Hotaru - 02-08-2015, 01:07 AM
RE: chemical reactions - by Thranduil - 02-11-2015, 04:10 PM
RE: chemical reactions - by Hotaru - 03-03-2015, 09:27 PM