the Rift

[OPEN] Home

Saffron Posts: 61
Aurora Basin Soldier atk: 5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5
Mare :: Other :: 46" :: 2 HP: 58.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Lauren
Code:
With the conclusion of my spar I've found myself wandering around the Basin, lackluster and in pain. Though we both fought well, I feel that Arah certainly left her mark. No, there are no outside wounds, no battle scars to show the efforts made. All of the injuries left to me are hidden beneath my thick multi-hued pelt. It hurts to move, it hurts to breathe, and I find myself less than motivated to do much of anything besides rest. Today I rest in the sun by the lake, enjoying the grass rubbing against me, and the warmth of the sun to keep at bay the still-cool atmosphere of the mountain-lined land. Lying on my side, I doze with the songs of birds as my lullaby. I know that I must get stronger, faster, so I can be a better soldier and a better hunter. Not just for the Basin, though I suppose that is important, but even more so for myself. I don't want to be a weak tiger cub. I want to be the tigress that everyone in their right mind respects and fears. But right now I cannot engage in another fight. I need to heal and rebuild my strength before I walk down that path again.

But I hear hoofbeats, and sounds of joy, rage.. extremes. I lift my head and blink my eyes to clear away the drowsiness. I know neither of the beasts that I see now, also by the lake. I rise, picking my body up slowly from its warm spot, curious about these fellows that I have yet to meet. They are clearly from the Basin or they would not have gotten this far into the territory. As I pad toward them, I find more patches of snow - Birdsong has warmed up Helovia, but it won't rid the Basin of snow until Tallsun, if then. I get closer and hear the unicorn female shouting at the unicorn stallion. A hound runs behind the male, and I watch it with curiosity. As I near I overhear the last exclamations by the female. This stallion has been gone and returned home. Well, I suppose that shall be my entrance. I close the gap between us and sit down, curling my long, thick tail around my paws.

"G'day." I say to them both politely, then direct my next words toward the tricolored brute. "Sounds like a 'welcome home' is in order." There is no smile on my face, no light in my eyes but keen intelligence and perception. I mask my emotions well, hiding the curiosity and intrigue that rumble inside. And the latent pain of my ribs and shoulder.. no one shall know my weaknesses, at all costs.

"Speech."

SAFFRON
Image Credits
Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

*You may do anything you wish with Saffron excluding dismemberment and death.

Messages In This Thread
Home - by Déodat - 01-26-2015, 01:54 AM
RE: Home - by Hotaru - 01-26-2015, 02:46 AM
RE: Home - by Saffron - 01-30-2015, 02:17 PM
RE: Home - by Déodat - 02-05-2015, 04:04 AM
RE: Home - by Hotaru - 02-22-2015, 09:00 PM