the Rift

[PRIVATE] to higher places

Resplendence Posts: 466
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1 hh :: eight (ages in frostfall) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Valiance :: Common Red Dragon :: Fire Breath Abba
Resplendence
it's what you feel but can't articulate outloud

There was this sickening feeling of realization and uncertain pieces of the mind. The pain from her twins dying, it was circling through her veins. It was clenching at her heart. It was starting to eat her whole again. Quilyan was not here. Her family was strewn across the lands doing who knows what and she was here trying to pick up the pieces of herself that she thought had already been picked up. She'd thought she was gluing the pieces back together, the pieces from the deaths she witnessed before she came here. She thought she was gluing the pieces back together from watching Rowan die. But, right now? Right now it felt like she was trying to pick them all back up again after being hit in the gut.

The topic changed back to him being King. But, his words didn't make any sense. How had he been promoted without taking away one of the others' position? She hadn't seen there be three leaders, and yet his words made it sound like there was. Confusion flickers across her face as she tries to stand there and be strong, to not show the pains of her past that she was trying so hard to push aside. "So… there are three? But I've never seen there be three…" she whispers. He asks if she thinks he has no dignity, if she can't give him any credit and it almost makes her scoff. Except she can't scoff because deep down he still scares her. He scares her because she's seen him when he's fighting, she's seen him steal something off of her. And, most importantly to her - she's seen the fact that others trust him. Others trusted him, which meant if he did something to her he could twist pretty little words and they'd believe him and not her.

The words that fell from her lips were quiet, calculated in a manner that she hoped would give her the least amount of lash-back. "You have dignity - or you wouldn't be standing up, taking a title that requires dignity and grace. You have honour or there wouldn't be a flock of others who still cling to you. But I've seen you steal, I've seen you fight for lands and cause pain." She pauses, swallowing as her golden orbs tried so hard to keep her gaze on his, to allow herself to appear as strong as her frail body was. "I'll I've seen, Sire Archibald, are things that would be off-putting. I'm sorry that I have concern for my brother and sister, but I have to have it - they're some of the only family I have left. And you? Your family? They're growing tenfold - all coming to the Edge, while all of mine disappeared in the darkness." Her voice breaks a little before finally allowing the last part to hang in the air, to be voiced at a normal level instead of her uncertain whisper. "I don't want to be afraid of you, Archibald. I wan to let you into the family but I don't know how anymore when all I've seen you cause me is pain. But I'm trying. I'm trying to accept it, to figure out other parts of you, to cling to those ideals instead…"

She shakes her head and Valiance flickers up and back to the tree-line to give her space and prove to her that she can be strong without constant support. Still, if he was needed he would be back in a second. "I'm sorry. You probably don't understand. I can't see you being scared of anything anyway." And with that, she allows her sight to drop, a form of respect before she falls completely silent.

Would he even care that she was trying?

Credits: Image by Schwartze @ DA
When I'm ready to fall
You're the one always holding me up
With love

Messages In This Thread
to higher places - by Archibald - 01-26-2015, 01:56 AM
RE: to higher places - by Resplendence - 01-26-2015, 04:16 PM
RE: to higher places - by Archibald - 01-26-2015, 06:47 PM
RE: to higher places - by Resplendence - 01-26-2015, 08:55 PM
RE: to higher places - by Archibald - 01-31-2015, 11:27 PM
RE: to higher places - by Resplendence - 01-31-2015, 11:55 PM