the Rift

[PRIVATE] to higher places

Resplendence Posts: 466
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1 hh :: eight (ages in frostfall) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Valiance :: Common Red Dragon :: Fire Breath Abba
Resplendence
it's what you feel but can't articulate outloud

Anger seemed to set in his jawline, in his eyes as they flicker, in the way that his tail moves. Hell, it even radiated off of the dog who was now snarling at her. "Valiance. Don't. Don't do anything." Res pleads in her mind, and with a snort of disdain he rests in the trees - eyes narrowing in concern for his companion as the other two slowly closed in during the equine-beast's speech. He says he invaded the home on contract. Took the pinecone that she didn't know was magical and had really only kept it because of her appreciation for herbs and a reminder of the Edge's pines.

And he ends up only a step or two away, head leaning down and imposing even more on her space, though his voice lowers. She swallows, tears welling in her eyes from fear. The way he hovered over her and closed her in was far from comfortable. All she wanted to do was to run. "I-I didn't know about the pinecone. I only kept it because it was a reminder of home - because I like herbs and plants…" she stuttered, eyes flickering between him and his companion as she swallowed uncertainly. "I didn't know your intentions, and when the first interactions with someone are that bad Archibald it's hard to get rid of them." She whispers, voice hoarse as she struggles to find strength inside. She can't find that same strength that she had with Kaj or Kahlua. She can't find it because she doesn't completely trust him not to hurt her.

She shrinks, head lowering, ear falling to the side and body weight falling mostly to her haunches as she prepared to bolt the second he did anything. Though, really, she had no chance of escape with how close he was. It just, it wouldn't be possible. He could kill her then and there, and that was that. "Now I know your side. But it doesn't change tha-that image." She swallows, eyes peering up at him now with nothing bad sadness and resignation lingering in her eyes. She didn't want to fight, and she couldn't fight. "I can see why our paths crossed… Just please, give me space!" she cries, voice raising as her limbs begin to tremble (finally unable to deal with how close he was to her) and she stumbles back into one of the tress - pressing against it as if it were going to keep her standing. And the tears fall, her heart races, and she almost feels as though each breath hurts. Her nostrils flair in an attempt to gain more oxygen and as she speaks her voice is strained. "I-I…. h-have you seen y-yourse-self? C-compared to me? I-I couldn't even m-make a dent in your flesh. Al-all you have to do is land one w-well aimed kick and I'd n-never walk ag-again." She trembles, eyes falling to the ground as she swallows the pain and uncertainty. "I-I can't erase those images overnight…"

Her mind is frayed - so many images careening across her skull that she can barely function. And she can barely breath now, breaths short, quick, and uneven. Tears almost choking her as she tries to figure out how to speak, calm down, and not collapse. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry." she whines (or at least her voice sounds whiney even though she is really just pleading for the release from this panic attack and the uncertainty). And, then she finally admits the one thing she hasn't been able to say outloud - the one thing she didn't even know was creeping around in the corner of her mind. It was stuttered out in her haze. "I-I d-don't know how - how to tr-trust anymore… It-it's all been br-broken. N-not just by y-you, I-I promise. I jus-st. How?" she croaks, knees locking.

She struggles to stay on her feet, but with the air still coming in randomly, in small jarred amounts from the panic attack she can only slide down the tree and listen to the pounding of her heart in her ears as it mixed with the sound of the animals from the grove.

And all she was at that moment? She was only sorry for being this weak when she guessed all Archibald wanted out of his herd was strength.

Credits: Image by Schwartze @ DA
When I'm ready to fall
You're the one always holding me up
With love

Messages In This Thread
to higher places - by Archibald - 01-26-2015, 01:56 AM
RE: to higher places - by Resplendence - 01-26-2015, 04:16 PM
RE: to higher places - by Archibald - 01-26-2015, 06:47 PM
RE: to higher places - by Resplendence - 01-26-2015, 08:55 PM
RE: to higher places - by Archibald - 01-31-2015, 11:27 PM
RE: to higher places - by Resplendence - 01-31-2015, 11:55 PM
RE: to higher places - by Archibald - 02-02-2015, 11:40 AM