the Rift

[PRIVATE] to higher places

Resplendence Posts: 466
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1 hh :: eight (ages in frostfall) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Valiance :: Common Red Dragon :: Fire Breath Abba
Resplendence
it's what you feel but can't articulate outloud

She can't really breathe. Her nostrils are flaring and she's trying to drink in all the oxygen she can, but she can't. And when he backs up it's like the heavy weight on her chest is starting to finally allow the space in her lungs to open up. She gasps for air. A painful noise that causes Valiance to finally emerge from his perch. It was from her earlier pleas that he keeps from sending fire in their direction - but he does let out a short snarl of warning before the canine lowers herself to the ground. He lands upon all four feet, fanning out his wings and covering part of her shoulder with one of them. She jerks, eyes wide - afraid of even her own companion for the sudden appearance. Her frayed mind just couldn't keep up with all of the things that were happening. Her head slowly drops back down though, and Valiance clambers his way onto her back - sweet nothings being murmured to her through their bond.

It is only when the tears dry, her body unable to keep choking on them and struggle to breathe at the same time, that Valiance brings his wings forward to pat dry her tears and then begins the delicate work of braiding her locks. "Count" He begs her, trying to get her to focus on anything but the anxiety of being crushed - of being unable to escape.

Alas, the only thing that kept her from falling deeper into the panic attack was the fact that Archibald's voice had softened. He still looked intimidating - he still looked threatening, but his voice didn't show any of the pain she was expecting to receive. He tells her to get up, and she tries, still afraid to disappoint him (afraid that there will be lash-back she can't save herself from otherwise). He speaks of strength, and as her weak limbs and spinning head fight to keep her standing she can only shake her head. But he turns, just a little. His shoulder faces her now, instead of his chest, instead of having his entire body aimed at hers. Gold orbs flicker toward his at his last sentence and she tries to desperately to cling to it - to remind herself that he was here for that.

But, clearly shown on the surface was the pain and stress that was carried on her frame from the panic attacks. They hurt her more than they helped her, and she had accepted that but was unable to hide it. Her heart was still racing, but her breathing was starting to find a more realistic rhythm. "I-I have k-knowledge of he-herbs," she whispers, voice strained, throat hurting from the way she had choked and gagged on tears and oxygen at the same time. "but I'm n-not strong. I c-can't fight, I-I'd break."

She shudders, body nearly crashing again as she began to feel light headed. "I-I feel weak," She whispered, far weaker than before and she instantly starts to sway on her feet. Probably not enough oxygen when she had been dealing with it earlier. Valiance jumps off of her back, squeaking and clicking uncertainly. How was he supposed to help her? He couldn't hold her up! He was too small!

Her knees lock again. Her body is no longer trembling, the muscles no longer acting awkwardly to cause her to shake. Instead she is actually swaying body rocking a little bit forward, a little bit backward. She swallows once more, words slurring as she drops her head down almost to the ground and spreads her legs a little to try and stabilize herself. But the only way she really knew to stop her panic attack was to be held - tightly - and it usually involved her cowering under Quil's wing. Cowering there and not letting it get this bad. "L-light headed. Heart-racing. N-need Q-Quil." she pleads, eyes shutting as her words slur a little and lists her symptoms as if it would make sense to the warrior. "N-need t-tight contact… n-need his heart rate.." she gasps for air again, ear pinning back in uncertainty. "n-need to m-match it…. B-body matches it-" a short gasp, "-it when h-held t-tightly."

And she's crying again, because Quil isn't here and she's suddenly afraid that if she passes out she's going to die. So as she sways, struggling to stay leaning up against the tree and not fall to the ground. Valiance, knowing that Quilyan was nowhere within reach, tries to come up with the next best alternative. And, as much as he still loathed the giant before them, he was the only one around that could be used. Giving in he tries to tug on Archibald's mane, begging for him to take the place of the winged stag, of Res's knight in shining armour. He has to work, he has to calm her down. If he doesn't she would pass out, be even more defenseless, and she would hate herself even more.

"Let help. Let Archibald hold. Use heart." he begs, sounding disgusted that the pair needs the Dauntless' assistance. But he knows she needs it and he won't take no for an answer (at least not from her. He really had no desire to get stomped on today…. Archibald could say no. He wouldn't fight Archibald saying no).

Credits: Image by Schwartze @ DA
When I'm ready to fall
You're the one always holding me up
With love

Messages In This Thread
to higher places - by Archibald - 01-26-2015, 01:56 AM
RE: to higher places - by Resplendence - 01-26-2015, 04:16 PM
RE: to higher places - by Archibald - 01-26-2015, 06:47 PM
RE: to higher places - by Resplendence - 01-26-2015, 08:55 PM
RE: to higher places - by Archibald - 01-31-2015, 11:27 PM
RE: to higher places - by Resplendence - 01-31-2015, 11:55 PM
RE: to higher places - by Archibald - 02-02-2015, 11:40 AM