the Rift

[PRIVATE] to higher places

Resplendence Posts: 466
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1 hh :: eight (ages in frostfall) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Valiance :: Common Red Dragon :: Fire Breath Abba
Resplendence
it's what you feel but can't articulate outloud

He closes the distance just before she could collapse. His massive chest pressed up tightly against her shoulder before his head craned over in a vice. She trembled, worsening at first for a second as she always did, tears falling from her face in uncertainty. It wasn't the same, the way that Quil's wings covered most of her frame and hid her also assisted in blocking out most of what was causing the pain. But, still, it was working, and she tried to allow it to work by listening to Valiance's silent pleas. She could feel the gentle lull of his heart and regardless of the millions of thoughts that raced across her brain the mare's body shifted and changed to fit it - to match.

Instinctively, her own body twisted, head wrapping around his tree-trunk of a leg and squeezing against it. Slowly, with all of the pressure overloading her overly sensitive nerves, they began to calm. They couldn't handle the consistent pressure so they faltered and stopped reacting so violently to what was going on around her. Her eyes were squeezed shut, and slowly she trembling began to cease and her breathing faltered back to normal ins and outs. Her pulse now matched perfect rhythm with the brute beside her and on occasion even some of their breaths began to match.

Yet still, she clung, because the feeling of his breath against her pelt was calming now. It was Valiance who moved first. The hatred having left his mind for the most part since Archibald didn't say no and instead had helped his beloved in a way that he was unable. He carefully planted himself upon Archibald's back - trying to wrap his wings as far around the brute's neck as he could in an attempt at a thank you. Then, Res finally allowed words to slip from her mouth - far more coherent then they had been. "Thank you, Archibald," she says, against his forelimb before allowing her neck to stop snaking around his limb so that he had the opportunity to move. Alas, she still brushed her maw across his shoulder before speaking again, another physical sign of the gratitude. She wasn't sure what would have happened if it had continued like that - if her body could have taken the increased heart rate for such a prolonged period of time. "I survive on my knowledge. It's all I have…" She pauses, trying to figure out how to word it all. "I don't have the same brute strength as you - I have to rely on others, it's how I've made it this far…"

There is a short period of silence as her mind runs and finally she connects to something that might help her feel more stable around him - to help back up the proof that he would help. "Could you, maybe, tell me more about yourself? I really do want to try - I really do want to be able to call you family…" her voice a whisper that trails off at the end. He probably wouldn't understand - but if he gave and wanted the same in return then she would.

Credits: Image by Schwartze @ DA
When I'm ready to fall
You're the one always holding me up
With love

Messages In This Thread
to higher places - by Archibald - 01-26-2015, 01:56 AM
RE: to higher places - by Resplendence - 01-26-2015, 04:16 PM
RE: to higher places - by Archibald - 01-26-2015, 06:47 PM
RE: to higher places - by Resplendence - 01-26-2015, 08:55 PM
RE: to higher places - by Archibald - 01-31-2015, 11:27 PM
RE: to higher places - by Resplendence - 01-31-2015, 11:55 PM
RE: to higher places - by Archibald - 02-02-2015, 11:40 AM