the Rift

[PRIVATE] to higher places

Resplendence Posts: 466
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1 hh :: eight (ages in frostfall) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Valiance :: Common Red Dragon :: Fire Breath Abba
Resplendence
it's what you feel but can't articulate outloud

He held her, but she doesn't think he understands just how much it means to her. A renewed strength pulling her back up - giving her energy to focus on the fact that he was not a complete threat, that he could care. So she tried to ask to learn more about him.

Valiance receives a nod from Archibald, acknowledging the thanks that he had been trying to give. Alas, they had both separated, giving each other another as he took in her question before deciding to move to the side and then laying down.

Resplendence moved over, Valiance taking the branches above to keep watch as well, and she carefully settled in not far off from Archibald as he began to weave his tale. He spoke of the Foothills before she had been in it, though she recognized a few of the names. Then the invasion, an then his children. It was uneasy, for her to hear of all the death that he had caused, but the words that he spoke of at the end… it helped to calm the butterflies that raged across her chest in uncertainty. Then, he said that Circe was dead, speaking of the recent murders. "I see…" she whispered when he had finished, eyes glazing across his frame. They both were much the same… just coping in different fashions.

"We are the same… in… in many ways…" she starts, awkwardly trying to place the words as she lets out a short breath. "We just coped in different ways. I became fr-frail, easily shaken by terror and emotion… you… you became a stone?" she swallows, uncertain of if he would take that as an insult. But, it was true in a sense. He was as hardy as a stone, not easily broken, could even take the abuse. Still, he could be broken to reveal a gem, if approached in the right manner as Circe had seemed to accomplish. "Your daughter… she will have me too - and any others of the Edge you wish to have back her. I understand the loss of one - before I came to Helovia I lost my t-twin daughters. They… they'd be the a-age of Nayati…" Meek tears come to her eyes before she shakes them away. Cautiously, she presses her head against the ground, ear falling to the side before speaking once more. "I-I'm sorry for always thinking the w-worst… It was the only way I k-knew how to s-survive…"

But now… now she knew just how alike they were. And now? Now she was certain she might be able to move past it…

Credits: Image by Schwartze @ DA
When I'm ready to fall
You're the one always holding me up
With love

Messages In This Thread
to higher places - by Archibald - 01-26-2015, 01:56 AM
RE: to higher places - by Resplendence - 01-26-2015, 04:16 PM
RE: to higher places - by Archibald - 01-26-2015, 06:47 PM
RE: to higher places - by Resplendence - 01-26-2015, 08:55 PM
RE: to higher places - by Archibald - 01-31-2015, 11:27 PM
RE: to higher places - by Resplendence - 01-31-2015, 11:55 PM
RE: to higher places - by Archibald - 02-02-2015, 11:40 AM