the Rift

[RANDOM EVENT] Sundown

Hotaru the Valkyrie Posts: 295
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 10.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3hh :: 6 Years 3 Months HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Alice :: Royal Hellhound :: Acid Brit
As strong as the seas are stormy.</style>

She fled from the island, Circe's blood on her teeth and hairs in her little bag. Her quest had been hard on her, but she had triumphed, and even come out on top when it came to her Mistress's secret side-quest. Not wanting to call her Queen to the plane she stood upon while inches away from the gathering near Circe's body, she leapt from the island and trustingly bounced on the clouds that held her, letting them trail her back down towards the earth until her pale golden hooves alighted upon hard rock. The crumbled shrine was familiar to her, and she walked calmly towards it, kneeling comfortably on the warm rocks and digging into her bag. She began to pull out and lay down all that she'd come to collect, placing them in a two-tiered row before her folded knees.

Blue hairs and charred flesh from Vesta.

Feathers and bone from Skysong.

The tip of a horn and crystals from Ode.

Black hairs from Psyche.

Speckled feathers from her mother.

Bloodred hair from her father.

A white feather from them both.

Dark strands of hair and her own bloody chops from Circe.

And at her side, irrelevant to her quest, lay the innocent egg she had won. She was finally moving up in the world, and she grinned to see her triumph laid out before her so beautifully.

Casting her eyes to the sky, she let them slip to a close and then tucked her head down to touch the point of her horn to the earth in a bow.

"Goddess above, I have come to you to turn in my quest. I have done as you have bid, and I ask you come and judge me for my efforts." Hotaru spoke it quietly but concisely, for she was not so dumb as to think that her Goddess was not always watching her. Raising her voice would have been useless.

Her task had led her to dealing with the death of her parents, to becoming captured by Gaucho, to securing peace between the two oldest enemies of Helovia. She had achieved much in her quest, and though she was still hesitant to call herself entirely triumphant, she hoped her goddess would deem her fit for the magic she had sought. All that was left was for the scale to be presented, to see if she had measured up in her Goddess's eyes.

Esther + Stole Clue
Skysong + Stole Clue
Tolio & Phaedra + Stole Clue
Circe + Mutilated Clue
Ode + Stole Clue
Psyche

She attended all of the clues since she got her quest, and has stolen 5 clues for her secret quest. Links are probably out of order because Official posted some of the clues and RE posted others. Also I'm horrible at roman numerals haha.

Image Credits
[Image: 515265280ffff]

::Strong like the sea is stormy::

Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!
Plot with me here!

God of the Moon Posts: 236
Helovian Ancient
Mare :: Hybrid :: 15.2hh :: Ageless
Admin

"Clever girl..." Her voice was a whisper that danced on the breeze. She did not have much time to spend here with Hotaru, and yet the girl had done surprisingly well. The Goddess was well pleased with her performance.

Appearing as a shimmer of black starlight, the Goddess appeared in all of her dark glory. Her pupil-less gaze fell upon Hotaru as her delicate hooves touched down upon the rocky precipice upon which they stood. "You've been busy I see." She purred, her voice like velvet upon daggers. The Moon Goddess had watched as Hotaru carried out her task, watched as she had been captured by Gaucho, which had been all too amusing. Especially since he brought her to the dead bodies of her parents for her release. Oh how fate worked in fickle ways.

An icy wind suddenly raged all around them, and yet the two were somehow shielded from the temperatures as they plummeted. The Moon Goddess' mane and tail stayed perfectly in place, while Hotaru's blew wildly around. With a cunning smile, the Goddess let out a small puff of air, which seemingly caused the winds to condense and saturate themselves into Hotaru's coat.

Her gaze then dropped to the items Hotaru had placed, which, like the Goddess, had been unaffected by the sudden winds. They began to glow as if sheen from the stars had been sprinkled upon them, as they melded together into a sphere of dark light. "A gift. For your diligence."

Congratulations! Hotaru has received her magic, as well as a custom item that glimmers and twinkles like the stars (think Phae's passive magic), for completing her secret task! Be warned that if Hotaru trades away this item there will be consequences.

:: [Magic: Dark x Wind | Can create storms up to the size of a Category 4 hurricane that hold invisible blades that create lattice cuts of varying depth on the victim's body]
:: [Restrictions | Storms limited to a radius of 10 meters]

Hotaru the Valkyrie Posts: 295
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 10.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3hh :: 6 Years 3 Months HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Alice :: Royal Hellhound :: Acid Brit
As strong as the seas are stormy.</style>

A shiver danced down her spine at the whisper the wind gave her, heralding the arrival of her Goddess. A delighted one, relishing the power she indulged in, the eagerness that she tried to restrain inside herself. Such disgrace would not be taken lightly in the face of her Queen. One that emerged from a shroud of glittering darkness, both beautiful and deadly to the girl who gazed upon it. Hotaru rose from her knees gracefully, bowing her head in turn. She hoped that the Moon Goddess would see her desire to stand as an echo of her own self-pride, but the dip of her ornate crown a continuous respect of the position she was more than aware of.

Hooves clicked harmoniously on the stone as the Goddess appeared, standing before her. Hotaru smiled, a wisp that came and went with ease, a mere greeting. The immortal purred out her words, but Hotaru could sense in them the beautiful, gentle death that drew so many in and let a rare few escape with their lives and bowels intact. She shuddered in delight, secretly desiring the ability to speak with such grace and severity in her coming years. It would one day be her name that caused a shiver, that had eyes glancing over shoulders and mouths tightening and pulling into frowns.

She would be revered as equally as she was feared.

But first, she had to pass her Lady's test.

"As you have bid me, my Lady," she responded, poised and delighted in turn, voice like velvet and eyes like ice. At least Hotaru was aware of the greed that drove her, the reasons why she sought higher positions, better areas, greener grasses and sweeter blood. So many Helovians deluded themselves, claiming they sought magic to help others, or to better themselves. Hotaru was no such fool. She didn't want useless trinkets nor useless magic. No, she wanted power. She wanted domination. and with the help of her Goddess, she hoped to achieve just that.

A violent, cold wind came up and around them, and excitement budded in the girl's heart even as her hair whipped against her skin. It was so reminiscent to the magic that she desired that she couldn't not fall prey to her own intimate excitement. She was so close she could taste it. And oh, what a taste it was!

A puff of air circled around her, seeming to delve into her pours, become a part of her. It was exhilarating. She gasped and stirred in her spot, eyes wild and wide with the thrill, like a predator finally tasting the blood of its kill. It was finally over, she had won. And then before her, each piece she had stolen began to meld and mold, glow and connect as they magnetized and become whole. Starlight glittered in its folds, and she stared in awe at the display of power, the extra gift she had been given.

Lifting her eyes, she grinned, all bloodlust and desire.

"Thank you, my Lady."

She was growing ever stronger.

Image Credits
[Image: 515265280ffff]

::Strong like the sea is stormy::

Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!
Plot with me here!