the Rift

[OPEN] The Dreamkeeper

Spice Posts: 118
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15 hh :: 2 years
Wayne :: Zebra Finch :: None Sage

I can't find your silver lining. . .

When she heard the name the woman in the dirt called her, she didn't say anything. The mare said more, and Spice mustered a giggle. Miss it reminded her all too much about her lost mother.

Or was she lost?

Did she just need to find her way home? Could this all be a dream. No. It couldn't possibly be a dream. When you dreamt, there was this feeling in the back of your mind that you can't seem to bring forth that the dream most certainly is not real. But this, it was. It really was. But she wanted to believe that she was just sleeping by her mother's side in the cold of the night. She wanted to say it was true, that she was only asleep.

But, she knew she could not.

Her heart burned with a new love for this mare in the dirt. She spoke a different way than the others. She didn't finish her words completely, but it didn't bother Spice in the slightest. "My mother is back at home" she said. But she couldn't stand still when a lie was at her lips (well, more like her throat). She just couldn't. "The home I ran away from. I couldn't stay, ma'am." She never spoke to others this way, though she did speak with respect... not this much. She found herself wanting to curl up beside her and listen to her voice tell as story as she drifted into a peaceful sleep, just as her and her mother had done so many times before.

She wondered what her mother would think right now if she could hear into Spice's mind. Would she be furious, happy, plain out upset? Maybe she just wanted Spice gone. Though, the little filly hoped that was not the case, she couldn't help it slipping her mind. It was awfully hard to un think things.

So she didn't. What she thought now, was that this mare was kind, and deserving, and already very respected by the filly. Her accent and all danced to the dappled girl's heart and to her eyes, as they filled with light. "But I am fine... she stopped for a second. "Do you know the word adventure?"

"Can you tell me an adventure story?"

"Talk Talk Talk"

I don't mean to judge...
Gᴏᴏᴅ Gɪʀʟs Aʀᴇ Bᴀᴅ Gɪʀʟs Tʜᴀᴛ Hᴀᴠᴇɴ'ᴛ Bᴇᴇɴ Cᴀᴜɢʜᴛ

Messages In This Thread
The Dreamkeeper - by Cheska - 01-26-2015, 11:19 AM
RE: The Dreamkeeper - by Spice - 02-05-2015, 08:54 PM
RE: The Dreamkeeper - by Cheska - 02-07-2015, 11:44 PM
RE: The Dreamkeeper - by Spice - 02-14-2015, 07:53 PM
RE: The Dreamkeeper - by Cheska - 02-24-2015, 06:03 PM