the Rift

[PRIVATE] you're in control of my heart

Resplendence Posts: 466
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1 hh :: eight (ages in frostfall) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Valiance :: Common Red Dragon :: Fire Breath Abba
Resplendence
it's what you feel but can't articulate outloud

She doesn't speak at first, Nayati simply presses up against Res' frame, squeaking at her endearment as flowers continued to bloom all across the garden - a rainbow spreading vividly across the land, even into the area of her canopy. Valiance shoots to the sky, to join Rathunax and Nayati presses her maw against Res's cheek. "Family," Res chokes through the bond, tears filling her eyes as she imagined this being one of her twins that she had lost.

No. She tries to force herself to push them from her mind, but even Valiance knows that she'll see them hiding behind the trees when Nayati leaves - that she'll wish the twins were here. The whispered words from Nayati's lips cause her to focus again completely. A boy, before the wraiths, who had kept Nayati safe. Res feels her heart pull, tear, shatter. She should have been the one protecting her. She had failed. Res had failed her daughter and it stung. But, she carefully placed the name in her memory, nodding for Nayati to continue - not wanting to interrupt her.

Her rose stumbled over words, rushing through the explanation in a way that only one with their first love really could. "You shouldn't have gone in the water…" Res starts, concern flickering across her orbs only to stop when she explains how Vadim had been there and held her. How his companion had been there and kept her warm. She says that she doesn't feel afraid, how she felt whole and other things that she couldn't realize at the time. The stare is a daze and all Res can do is smile as the last sentence falls from Nayati's lips.

"That feeling of being complete… it's love. I'm so glad that you found someone else…" But she wasn't glad that Nayati had found it because she had failed as a mother. She swallows, struggling for words as she kept the happiness radiating around her face, her eyes, her tone. "I want to meet him. I want to know the one who is going to be there for you - the one who changed you," a pause as she blinks away tears (of joy and sadness for the realization that her daughter was going to end up leaving) "-the one who changed you for the better."

Credits: Image by Schwartze @ DA
When I'm ready to fall
You're the one always holding me up
With love

Messages In This Thread
you're in control of my heart - by Nayati - 01-26-2015, 07:52 PM
RE: you're in control of my heart - by Nayati - 01-26-2015, 08:24 PM
RE: you're in control of my heart - by Resplendence - 01-26-2015, 08:40 PM
RE: you're in control of my heart - by Nayati - 01-26-2015, 09:30 PM