the Rift

[PRIVATE] you're in control of my heart

Resplendence Posts: 466
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1 hh :: eight (ages in frostfall) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Valiance :: Common Red Dragon :: Fire Breath Abba
Resplendence
it's what you feel but can't articulate outloud

She glances off to the trees, and in her mind she can see the little faces of her twins poking out from behind the foliage. Wanting to play, wanting attention. And she can see them morph before her eyes into strong young adults, much like Nayati as she stood before her. And, it is when the tears actually fall that she tries to keep them happy tears, for Nayati's sake. The young one does not need to know the pain that she knows. She just… she doesn't.

The young one thanks her, sincerely thanks her for the approval that anyone should have given a daughter so wonderful. Res knows she can't hold Nayati back, that having her stay there the whole time would only bring them both pain and so she tries to cling to that ideal as Nayati continues. A question that receives a gentle nod. "Of course," she whispers, voice a little harsh before Nayati asks about Quilyan.

Her eyes squeeze shut, voice getting caught in her throat as Valiance instantly drops from the sky and clambers across her back. "He be back. He have to." He insists, as he feels her entire body twitch. Broken eyes are what peer back at Nayati, she doesn't know how to push out the depression on this topic. And, it's all she can do to keep herself from looking at her poisonous herbs and going over to them, to eat all of them. She focuses on Nayati, taking in a shuddering breath before allowing words to slip from her mouth. "I feel as though I could fly even though I lack the wings. I feel safe, hidden under his embrace. I know that nothing I do could cause him to hate me, to lash out, to do anything that would break me further. I have that feeling with a few others, but it isn't as strong. I consider them to already be my family, to be older siblings to protect me. But with Quil.. Sometimes I feel as though I'm ready to start a family again." Her eyes sway away - to the tree line where she was desperately pleading for her twins to arrive again. "I feel loved…" she says, tears rimming against her eyes as she refuses to look at Nayati in this state. Instead, her gaze focuses on the tree-line behind her. "But when he's gone… for so long… I feel so empty. I just want him back safe, and it plagues me." She steels herself, trying to ignore the pain as she looks back to Nayati. "Do not let yourself get this way. Do not rely so heavily on someone else that you can't find your feet when they're gone. I just want you to be, to stay, happy," she whispers, an urgency to her tone.

She didn't want her daughter to break. She couldn't let her daughter break.

Credits: Image by Schwartze @ DA
When I'm ready to fall
You're the one always holding me up
With love

Messages In This Thread
you're in control of my heart - by Nayati - 01-26-2015, 07:52 PM
RE: you're in control of my heart - by Nayati - 01-26-2015, 08:24 PM
RE: you're in control of my heart - by Nayati - 01-26-2015, 09:30 PM
RE: you're in control of my heart - by Resplendence - 01-26-2015, 09:53 PM