the Rift

[PRIVATE] Are You Listening? (Kaj)

Nym Posts: 8
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.3 :: 4
Watermel0nBob
Nym
life's like an hourglass glued to the table

How had I gotten here? I had been exploring Helovia a lot more recently, having grown tired of residing strictly in the Thistle Meadow. It was nice, but definitely not a spot to remain in forever. However, neither was this place, with its dark trees towering above me and blocking away the sunlight, seeming to choke out anything that even remotely resembled purity. My ears were delicately pressed near my skull, uncertainty rather apparent in my sky eyes as I treaded carefully, feathered limbs placing themselves hesitantly in front of the other as I continued. Despite every part of me screaming to go back, to get away from this place that instilled fear in me, I pressed on. I was determined to figure this place out, even if everything about it gave me the creeps. Trying to keeping my breathing steady I counted to ten in my head, breathing into my nostrils, and slowly letting the air escape out of my lips. I ignored the way they vibrated with each breath, only looking ahead until I broke into a clearing.

It was desolate, quiet and foreboding, my eyes scanning everywhere swiftly and anxiously, wondering why there was absolutely nothing here. Not a sound of life. Not even the scuttle of a bug or rat in the grasses. That was comforting. As I began to venture out further from the clutches of the trees, my gaze continued to flit over everything until - OH MY GODS WHAT WAS THAT? I froze, a high-pitched scream escaping me as I scrabbled back in utter terror. I had always had a higher tone than most men, but I didn't know I could really reach that octave.

It turned out to be a branch, gnarled with moss and leaves, making it look like a ferocious beast in ones peripherals. Whether or not that was true, that was the story I was sticking with. I had to maintain some dignity after all. My lungs gulped for air after my little panic attack, the whites of my eyes clearly visible as I regained my composure, taking one more look around the clearing before finally catching the small pond. Ah, water, I needed that after my little um... moment. I walked forward eagerly, momentarily forgetting my fear as my body's needs came first. My lips pressed eagerly into the liquid, letting it slip down my throat and soothe, a sigh escaping me as I finally began to relax. That was until I opened my eyes. Crimson; everywhere. All I saw was deep red that edged into black, it filling my vision and causing my head to swirl. Did I just.... Did I just drink blood? I think I'm going to... Suddenly everything went black around me.

OOC: Nym has fainted, because he's a big drama queen.
WC: 458
TAG: Kaj

"Speech"

Image -- Coding
PLEASE TAG ME IN ALL POSTS!

Please ask before attacking/maiming my character! (Void for fights)

Kaj The Aurelight Posts: 381
Hidden Falls Conscript atk: 4.0 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2hh :: 8 Years 9 Months HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Arabella :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya Brit

Kaj

comets fell from the sky,
I took your breath, you took my sorrow

On the peninsula, Kaj had explored a great deal of Helovia throughout his years in the realm. Though he had not been around during the maleficent notions of the Sun's rebellion, the piercing fury of the heat was reminiscent to those days. It was easy to see how they wilted beneath the staggering temperatures, throats seemingly permanently parched and hooves dragging. Exhaustion seemed a staple of the midday hours, even when an individual had done next to nothing during the cooler dawn timeframe. Kaj was thankful for the cooler shades and mists of his homeland, the reprieve it brought him and his kin. Still, his hatred for the Goddess and the crimes she had committed made it ever harder for his head to remain on the straight and narrow while in the confines of the borders. Though it was more Kahlua's area to wander far and away into the night, away from duty and responsibility, Kaj had taken her mantle up and ventured into the darkness of the night.

Days had passed with the reassurance that the Edge would be looked out for in his absence, even though a special brand of guilt had burned itself thick and scarring upon his soul when he contemplated exactly whom he'd left behind. Archibald had lost nigh everything in the wake of the Goddess' tantrum, if anyone was to be consumed by the disastrous emotions of remaining in her lands it would be the titan. Kaj's regret was thick in his throat, choking him whenever it deigned to appear in the stream of his consciousness. Still he continued on, attempting to keep his mind on the topics at hand; what could he possibly do to save his family from the clutches of their once-Goddess?

He had retreated to the cooler eastern side of Helovia, pursuing the dark, choking forestry of the Deep. Though his coat was light, reflective rather than attractive to the rays of the sun above, the heat was undeniable. Having been bred and born in a land of tundra and icy tendrils, it was further difficulty upon the King to endure the stifling heat of the sun when his body was unaccustomed to it. At least the canopy, in its vast darkness and tightly woven branches, was a respite that he welcomed happily. It let him breathe deeper, lungs expanding in his massive chest, giving him peace that allowed him to think properly on the subject rather than spend his time growling grievances over the heat.

A shrill scream pierced like a dagger through his thoughts, and the king thrust his head high instantaneously. The protective instincts inside him slammed into his chest, causing him to stumble towards the sound automatically. Grace returned promptly, and the beast thrust his hindquarters and crashed through the forest recklessly, wings tight at his side and neck arched above bowed head as he raced beneath the canopy. Whomever was in danger would have Kaj at their side, the King's heart pounded even as his mind promised vengeance. He was not the type to ignore the suffering of another.

Skidding round towards the infamous bloodied pool, the king's massive hooves scored scars down into the soft bedding of the forest, destroying the foliage with his passing. Paper thins were wide and flushed a royal pink, eyes wild but pinpointed as they dropped to the prone form beside the lake. Kaj prowled around the young stallion, muscles rolling with ease, a lion prepared to pounce. Where was the attacker? Guard still high, the King dropped to his knees between the lake and the young stag, arching his wings and beating them slowly in hopes of stirring the youth with the gentle fanning.

"Awaken, little one. I am here, you are safe." It was all he could offer, but with Kaj at his side, the nameless youth would be kept safe and protected from whatever had or could harm him.

@[Nym]

Credits

credit bronzehalo
Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!
Plot with me here!

Nym Posts: 8
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.3 :: 4
Watermel0nBob
Nym
life's like an hourglass glued to the table

"Awaken, little one. I am here, you are safe."

That was the first thing I heard coming back into consciousness. The voice was very deep, soft and pleasant to hear in my ears, and soon the black began to fade to reveal a foggy outline of what the world was supposed to look like. My eyes were blurry, and I was vaguely aware of a gentle breeze kissing my cheeks and flitting my forelock to the side gently, brushing over my left eye. Soon sky eyes were fully opened, and the first thing they landed on was a golden beast, shining in all his glory as sky eyes looked into mine, a look of concern plastered all over his sculpted skull and focused only on me. I took in a sharp breath, but not because of the sudden surprise of someone leaning next to my side. I hastily pushed myself up halfway, curling hind limbs beneath my belly and stretching my forehoofs out as I looked to him, mouth agape in surprise and my mind spinning. Was it suddenly hotter in here or was it just me? I suddenly felt hot all over, my heart racing swiftly as I looked the handsome man before me over, trying to figure out what exactly happened to me.

I had been wandering through here, scared to death, and I had taken a drink of water- or... was it something else? BLOOD! IT HAD BEEN BLOOD. I coughed suddenly and gagged, trying to throw up the substance so I could rid myself of it, but nothing would come, only the panic that surfaced over me as I hastily looked at the pegasus again and panted, calling out feebly as if I were about to die any second, "B-blood! I drank blood! There's blood in the pond and I drank it and I'm so disgusted that I would do such a thing and- ooh I'm dizzy." My view began to spin and I was wobbling, suddenly teetering and crashing against the brute gently, the sudden touch of his skin like fire against mine and causing me to feel heat course all through me. When I had righted my balance I quickly pulled back, looking at him nervously with my eyes wide while swiftly scrambling to my hooves, stepping back and looking at him nervously, "I-I'm sorry! I didn't mean to bump into you Sir! I just l-lost my balance!" I was so flustered, so out of my element that it was hard to find it again. I was still breathing heavy and my eyes were still wide with confusion and shock and fear that I didn't know how to fully handle it. I shook my painted skull swiftly, hoping it would rid the emotions that were smothering me, but it only made my dizzier and caused me to stumble slightly to the left, before abruptly righting myself and looking at the stallion with wide eyes. He must have thought of me as a total freak!

OOC: gkjdngjrfjgr It's so bad I'm sorry Dx
WC: 500
TAG: Kaj

"Speech"

Image -- Coding
PLEASE TAG ME IN ALL POSTS!

Please ask before attacking/maiming my character! (Void for fights)

Kaj The Aurelight Posts: 381
Hidden Falls Conscript atk: 4.0 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2hh :: 8 Years 9 Months HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Arabella :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya Brit

Kaj

comets fell from the sky,
I took your breath, you took my sorrow

Painted boy awoke slowly, eyelids fluttering against whatever fear or ferocity had chased him into the realm of unconsciousness. Kaj awaited him patiently, eyes still scouring the horizon, ears pricked to points of pain at the base of his cranium. Straining to hear anything or anyone who approached, still unsure whether an outwardly force had attacked the youth cradled against his side. Golden primaries were like daggers, poised and flexing with the thrumming, undulating tension that reverberated against Kaj's skin from the inside. Though the zephyrs he summoned to buffet and crash like little rippling waves against the youth's face were gentle, the appendages were prepared to unleash their full power in defense of the stag should any foe or questionable soul appear in Kaj's vigilant gaze.

Tremors of half-aware movement twitched against his over-sensitive hide, everything amplified in that hung, sluggish moment. Kaj spared a glance down at the stud, watching as gems were slowly unveiled, sluggish and befuddled. Shades of blue met one another, and Kaj stared into the youthful face, searching for any sign of lasting damage or injury that he'd previously overlooked. It was whisked away before any definitive conclusion was made, the painted stranger lurching up and away from Kaj's protective, hovering stance. A guardian of his weakest moments. Kaj wished he would not let his pride detract from the value of the action.

Wings arched high, providing shade, allowing freer movement for the startled stranger on the bank of the water. Yet it remained poised, prepared to gather up and shield, protect and defend at once. Still he hesitated, awaited the breakthrough moment, the eureka, the awareness that would catch up with the stag and bring memories flooding back. However he responded to Kaj's actions then would have to be dealt with accordingly. Except, the words that burst from the vocals of the harried brute were far from what Kaj had anticipated; perhaps a degrading comment or a snide reminder that he could take care of himself. Oh how the youth were so deluded sometimes. Instead, Kaj stared with wide eyes as the words were flung into his face, haphazard and fearful, disgust lacing every syllable.

Were he not so surprised, Kaj would have spared a laugh or a sigh of relief to know that no physical predator of maleficent being had prompted the fainting spell in the youth. Kaj caught the end of the rambling quickly, tuning back in and quickly leaning his large shoulder to bear and support the weight of the painted boy. "Careful, take it slow," he rumbled, both fondly endeared and instructive. The youth ripped away just as quickly as he'd fallen upon Kaj's frame, and the King bore it with patience, allowing the stranger to seek and claim his equilibrium once more in his own time. He had answered the call of distress, and so he claimed the stag as his own problem, his charge for the moment. The warrior would not leave him briskly, unfeeling.

Kaj chuckled softly and shook his head. "You've not troubled me in any way. May I know your name, at least?" It would certainly be beneficial to have a name for the stud, at least. "And you did not drink blood, there is no reason for such fear. The stones at the bottom of the lake are a vivid red, much like blood. But the water itself is pure, I assure you," he reassured with a voice like a happily grumbling bear, azures bright with amusement at the nearly childish antics. At least this encounter had effectively stripped worry and guilt from mind, giving him a reason to enjoy the lighter things for a brief moment.

@[Nym]

Credits

credit bronzehalo
Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!
Plot with me here!