the Rift

never was a happy ending [closed]

Lace the Silverthorn Posts: 459
Deceased atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 15.3 hh :: 14 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Fajira :: Plain White Dragon :: Fire Breath Chan

Pleased with receiving a greeting all of her own, Fajira trilled happily and continued to hover above the black unicorn as she joined up with the stallion. It was a good day, fresh and clear with nice winds that allowed for complex maneuvers and acrobatics. The little White enjoyed herself thoroughly, at peace with playing in the air while the horses below made horse talk that mattered little to her.

Lace nodded in confirmation at Faelene's guess. "Yes, she is. We have been together for some years now, but I still can't say that I have gotten used to it. The experience of sharing your mind with someone is indescribable, nothing like I've ever known before." He looked up at the dragon, affection apparent as he followed her movements across the sky. "Fajira is the best thing that has happened to me though, and I wouldn't undo the bond even if I could. I've lost count on how many times she's saved me..." He returned the honey-colored gaze to the mare and smiled gently, eyes filled with the miracle he was allowed to wake up to each day.

He enjoyed this conversation more than he had thought he would. While it was only small talk with a complete stranger, the mood was peaceful and pleasant as the weather. Maybe I should spend more time with other horses he contemplated silently to his bonded, while nodding and listening with mild interest to the rose-maned femme as she answered his question.
They don't bite was the indifferent reply he got back, and Lace had to hold back a chuckle where he walked, balancing deftly as sand shifted beneath the feet for every step.

"Sometimes I forget how pleasant it can be with company of my own kind" he offered with half a grin. "It's easy to get caught up in the bond, so much that I almost forget that we aren't one single being. Dragons have a way of simplifying matters; when you've spent time with one for a while, things like history and race and allegiances become trivial. If there's anything I've learned over the years spent with Fajira, it is to simply appreciate the moment and not sweat the small details."

It was a matter of perspective, he supposed. Through the eyes of a dragon a horse's life was foreign and strange, as much as a dragons priorities seemed strange to him. They had discussed the matter many times, compared the others dreams and ideals. Eventually they had been forced to settle with the knowledge that they would always have different opinions, and accepted the other the way they were. It was easier than to constantly argue about small things, it would only lead to a mental war that sooner or later might have lead to the madness of both.

BronzeHalo.deviantart.com
♦ Permission granted to use magic and violence on Lace and Fajira
♦ Only tag in new threads, spars and if it's urgent
The Store | The Warden

Messages In This Thread
never was a happy ending [closed] - by Faelene - 09-11-2012, 11:19 PM
RE: never was a happy ending [Open] - by Lace - 09-14-2012, 07:37 AM
RE: never was a happy ending [Open] - by Faelene - 09-16-2012, 12:45 PM
RE: never was a happy ending [Open] - by Lace - 09-16-2012, 04:12 PM
RE: never was a happy ending [Open] - by Faelene - 09-17-2012, 12:03 AM
RE: never was a happy ending [Open] - by Lace - 09-24-2012, 01:41 PM
RE: never was a happy ending [Open] - by Faelene - 09-29-2012, 11:22 PM