the Rift

[OPEN] Have a Drink on Me [FOALS ONLY plz]

Rhoa Posts: 175
Deceased atk: 5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Colt :: Pegasus :: 17hh :: 3 HP: 65 | Buff: ENDURE
Odd

Do they know how lucky they are? When Ivezho and I were born, we were the only foals in the Throat. Or at least, it felt that way. I think there were maybe two others, but we never really saw them. I don't know if that was our fault or theirs - to be fair, the two of us were often forced into doing diplomatic duties with Mother and Father. At least ... at least until Mother and Ivezho left. Then it was just me, all alone. Of course I wasn't alone, I had the whole herd to keep me busy, but it wasn't the same. Once you lose a twin, nothing ever really feels the same anymore.

I watch from on a sand dune as the foals below get acquainted with one another. I want to join them, to frolic and play and join whatever game it is they were surely strike up, but I hesitate. The last time I played was with Spice, and afterwards I felt guilty, as if the happiness I had felt with her somehow betrayed my Mother and twin, as if I was doing wrong somehow, but being happy in the face of their disappearance.

I could be happy without them though, couldn't I?

Some days it felt like I could, others it didn't.

My gaze, the colour of the sunlight bouncing off of the waters that surrounded our home, watched enviously. It wouldn't do for a prince of the Throat to simply play, would it? I'm about to turn and leave, to go and find something responsible to do, when an idea strikes me. If I am a prince, and one of my duties is to know all of our herd, then I do have a duty here! I shall get to know them! Delight lines my face as I realize a way to give into my cravings to simply be a child, but also to do my duties.

My graying wings spread from my sides, and as they do, the gentle rhythmic pulsing of the embered-fire that bleeds from my feathers, casts a warm light upon my flanks. I take to the skies, gliding gently from my higher position to where the assembled group is below. My landing isn't as graceful as Father's usually are, but I don't stumble or fall so that's a win I suppose.

For once, I leave my wings slightly unfurled, allowing the warm golden light that pulses from beneath my ashen feathers to flood my body and the sands with light - a clear indicator of the lineage from which I stem.

"Hello!" I offer in a voice which is meant to sound mature, but probably just sounds overly excited.

Image Credits

Messages In This Thread
Have a Drink on Me [FOALS ONLY plz] - by Hertz - 01-28-2015, 05:53 PM
RE: Have a Drink on Me [FOALS ONLY plz] - by Rhoa - 02-05-2015, 02:35 PM