the Rift

[OPEN] black holes and revelations

Quilyan Posts: 206
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.2 hh :: 10 (ages in Orangemoon) HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zarina :: Pygmy Marmoset :: Quantum Leap ChaoticMelodies
She accepts his embrace.

She accepts his embrace.

For a moment, the world stands still. He allows himself to fall into her, to immerse himself into the smell of her mane and the sound of her voice. Their surroundings faded: the clouds were tangled in her mane, the grass in her tail, and then she was everything, surrounding him, encompassing him in her cocoon. For the first time in weeks, he felt as though perhaps he could breathe, and relax, and move forward into this life that he was always meant to have. Isn't that how it worked? The hero was faced with adversity, only to find out that, in the end, it had been entirely necessary for him to have his happy ending? For without the villainy, without the trials, he would still be ignorantly wrapped up in his own selfish ego, would never have ventured from his kingdom. Back then, he would have made a terrible king; but he would have been king nonetheless, because that's just how things were.

Now? He doesn't even recognize his former self anymore.

He is brought back into reality by his lover backing away from him, as though remembering all the wrongs he has done her and intending to lay his sins before him. He doesn't care. He will grovel at her feet, will do anything, will tell her everything, if only it means that he gains her forgiveness. He knows he will have to earn her trust - it is only fair, given the troubles he has put her through during the course of their relationship - but if there is only one thing that he knows now, it is that he cannot be without her. He has progressed far beyond the point of wanting, past the point of no return - no, he needs her now, needs her in a way that he feels in his very bones.

"Resplendence," he says, almost forcefully, heady with the need to impress upon her his regret. "Never think that you have failed me - never, do you understand? I have failed you, time and time again, and this is no different. Please, my love, I know you're angry with me, and you have every right to be. I don't deserve you, but hear me out - give me a chance to make things right.

"I was approached by a stallion who claimed that my father was alive. He insisted that my father's need was quite dire, made it sound like a life-or-death situation. I should have come to you, I know that - gods, don't I regret it every day? But, it was my father - I thought he was dead, I thought... I always thought, if there had been anything else I could have done to save him, I would have, and this felt like the chance to fix it, to help him when before I hadn't been able to. I thought I would be gone for only a few days, a week at the most, but - well, things got complicated.

"The stallion was a mercenary, and after a few weeks of seemingly aimless travel, I was able to convince him to tell me where we were going. He had been very secretive, you see, and by this time I was uncomfortable. I think I knew that I had been tricked, but even aside from that, I knew what I had left behind. I couldn't sleep for seeing your face, Resplendence. I knew what I had done to you and it killed me - every moment of every day, it killed me. The mercenary told me that he had been sent to find me and bring me back to Th'orqui. It turns out the Anarchists that overthrew my family's regime wanted to ensure that the royal line was entirely snuffed out. I might have been in trouble, but the mercenary's role was diplomatic - he was no fighter. I was able to convince him to carry a message to the Anarchists that I relinquished all claim to my throne, that I would not seek out my homeland or the crown that accompanies it.

"I came back as quickly as I could, but we had made it quite far. I went to the World's Edge, but they told me you had left. I heard that maybe I should try the Hidden Falls, so I was going to go looking for it, but - well, here you are. Resplendence, I thought of you constantly. I regretted leaving constantly. I never meant to be away for that long, never meant to leave you behind. I never wanted to cause you any pain, don't you see that? I love you, Resplendence. I love you more than I can say. If nothing else, please, never question that.

"You deserve so much more than I can offer you, my lady. I have done nothing but bring you pain and suffering, and that is so far from what you deserve. I want to be your knight in shining armor. I want to protect you. I want you to be mine, and I want to be yours. Of course I wanted a chance. Of course I wanted a family - gods, how badly I wanted a family! But I wasn't going to push you into anything until you were ready. You think I hadn't thought about it? That I hadn't considered it, wanted it? I was always going to come back to you. I never left you, not really. You're everywhere I go. I can't not think of you.

"Princess, I cannot change the past, but I can promise you my future, if you will still have me."

"more words."

@[Abba]
Quilyan
counting on the night for a beautiful day;
subtlepatterns.com | kaydeniro & larfsalot @ deviantart
Please tag Quilyan in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Want to plot with Quilyan? Visit his plot page here!

Messages In This Thread
black holes and revelations - by Quilyan - 01-30-2015, 12:48 AM
RE: black holes and revelations - by Resplendence - 01-30-2015, 09:57 AM
RE: black holes and revelations - by Quilyan - 01-30-2015, 11:24 AM
RE: black holes and revelations - by Resplendence - 01-30-2015, 04:35 PM
RE: black holes and revelations - by Quilyan - 02-05-2015, 08:20 PM
RE: black holes and revelations - by Resplendence - 02-05-2015, 09:18 PM
RE: black holes and revelations - by Quilyan - 02-05-2015, 09:36 PM
RE: black holes and revelations - by Resplendence - 02-05-2015, 10:06 PM
RE: black holes and revelations - by Quilyan - 02-06-2015, 05:01 PM
RE: black holes and revelations - by Resplendence - 02-06-2015, 05:53 PM