the Rift

[OPEN] danger is my middle name

Saffron Posts: 61
Aurora Basin Soldier atk: 5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5
Mare :: Other :: 46" :: 2 HP: 58.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Lauren

Saffron
you exist in TIME, but belong to ETERNITY

To my very, very great surprise, the child leans forward and sniffs my face. I blink and resist the urge to hiss at the thing that suddenly crosses into my personal space. No, no, don't scare the children. I hold very still, and instead just sniff it as it sniffs me. Her instincts seem to be broken. 'Why are her instincts broken? Did she come out backwards or something? Maybe she was the runt..' She asks if I have furry magic.. what does that even mean? The filly backs up and does a little rear. My ears swivel back - what is this show of force? I could knock her out with one swipe of my paw, what does she think she's doing? She looks like she's having a blast as she announces herself as Queen Auriel. Queen? I don't think so. "Your territory?" My first instinct is to cut the fun short, to announce to her that she is a little foal, easily dispatched of, queen of nowhere and nothing, and this is not a territory that belongs to anyone.

But before I can do so, another notion takes hold. Perhaps, just this once, I can play along. I let the tension seep from my pores and dissipate. She gives me a challenging look. 'Friend or Foe!?' Saffron the Stripey... It's not really what I'm looking for but it amuses me nonetheless. I keep as serious a look as I can, and reply, "Friend, of course!" Miss Auriel is trying so hard to keep up the illusion that I can't even help but aid in her efforts. Except for, you know, maybe making her work for it a little. I look around me, peering around her and behind me as if there's something I'm looking for but cannot find. "If you are the queen - then where is your throne?" A pretty valid challenge, if you ask me.

""

Image | Table by Tamme
Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

*You may do anything you wish with Saffron excluding dismemberment and death.

Messages In This Thread
danger is my middle name - by Auriel - 01-30-2015, 02:35 PM
RE: danger is my middle name - by Saffron - 01-30-2015, 09:46 PM
RE: danger is my middle name - by Auriel - 02-02-2015, 02:18 PM
RE: danger is my middle name - by Saffron - 02-03-2015, 12:53 AM
RE: danger is my middle name - by Auriel - 02-05-2015, 05:52 PM
RE: danger is my middle name - by Saffron - 02-08-2015, 11:09 PM
RE: danger is my middle name - by Auriel - 02-15-2015, 01:39 PM
RE: danger is my middle name - by Saffron - 02-16-2015, 08:57 PM