A
L
Y
S
A
N
N
E
Kahlua and her daughter appeared to be having a discussion about names - a conversation that Aly never had actually been a part of with her own children. They were named, inspired by one thing or another, and they had never argued over the fact. The girl, who seemed to be melding with the surroundings with every passing moment, did not vocalize an argument at the moment - maybe she was thinking it over. For now, though, Kahlua asked whether her friends had any traditions with their families. “Not for names, really. Well, both my parents and I have ‘A’ names and the same thing happened with my son - his father’s name started with an ‘A’ and so does his… But my sister broke that trend being Iona.” Not very helpful, are you Aly? “But we have other traditions. Every full moon we would take a flight together and there’s a story my father told us once a year at midsummer.” The memories washed over her, warm and comforting and leaving behind a pit in her stomach as she thought about her parents and sister. But she shook it off, this wasn’t the time. She focused on that warmth, letting it shine through her smile as she laughed at the memories. “No matter how hard we begged him to tell it more often!” She and Iona often would, asking over and over to hear the delightful story that they used to celebrate the peak of the growing season.

These were all the traditions that came to her mind but, undoubtedly, later on she would think of more. Now, she was curious to see what sort of traditions Brisa’s family had - they really didn’t talk much about where they had been before they had all ended up here.

The news that Kaj and Kahlua got into a fight was a shock, the two had always seemed to get along so well! But the apology got a shake of Aly’s dark head. “You don’t have to apologize, sweetie.” Alysanne smiled softly to Kahlua, believing she knew just how much her friend was hurting over the fact that she and Kaj were not getting along. They had hidden it very well at the meeting, if the fight had been going on as long as that. “We’ll figure out a way to smooth things over, you’ll see. And don’t you worry about help raising your new daughter.” She smiled down at the now-quiet girl before looking to Brisa, confirming a thought, and then finally back to Kahlua - her grin all warmth and kindness. “As always, you’re never alone.” There was nothing three musketeers could not accomplish together.

@[Brisa]
table by sevin | image by abba | Image Credit
please tag Alysanne in replies
[Image: alysanne_by_schwartze-d89se15.png]
made by the lovely tamme
non-life threatening physical force is allowed at all times, but preference is to be checked with beforehand for any injuries

Messages In This Thread
life and death - by Kahlua - 02-08-2015, 01:02 AM
RE: life and death - by Isopia - 02-08-2015, 01:05 AM
RE: life and death - by Kahlua - 02-08-2015, 01:35 AM
RE: life and death - by Isopia - 02-08-2015, 01:50 AM
RE: life and death - by Kahlua - 02-08-2015, 02:13 AM
RE: life and death - by Isopia - 02-08-2015, 01:07 PM
RE: life and death - by Alysanne - 02-08-2015, 09:33 PM
RE: life and death - by Brisa - 02-08-2015, 11:18 PM
RE: life and death - by Kahlua - 02-15-2015, 02:25 AM
RE: life and death - by Isopia - 02-17-2015, 05:06 PM
RE: life and death - by Alysanne - 02-22-2015, 02:08 PM