the Rift

UNICORNS :: Swimming the Coast, Round ONE

Prometheus Posts: 75
Up For Adoption atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 8.2 / 16.3 :: 4 months / 6 years [Immortal] HP: 60.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Pyr :: Siberian Tiger :: Hypnotize & Flaming Touch Adoptable

Shallow waters grant me passage through the churning throng of unicorns. They seem to be proud of themselves as they flail desperately and toss legs meant for running on land foolishly into the sea. My legs carry the strength of the living but my eyes, my eyes... they betray the death inside me. While others hurry along the coast of the dragon's throat and struggle to keep their heads above water, I find myself sinking. The race is for me no competition, simply amusement. You along the coast with his heavy paws leaving clouds of sand in the air behind you. I have let the chains melt away from your form as my focus has turned to the journey in the sea. Why not let you run free- what harm can you truly do now?

I spend no time carrying out violent tactics when there is a race to win. Imagine what would happen if the zombie colt emerged victorious- what an uproar! I let my tattered lips curl into what resembles a grin at the thought of showing them all that death will always triumph. They will not see me coming.

For I do not swim as they do. While they turn the waters white and do their best to stay afloat, I let myself hit the ocean's floor. There is a warm sense of familiarity here beneath the waters, a wonderful sensation of awakening once more, as I did that evening in the Spectral Marsh. Beneath the waves I am a young corpse that runs on the legs of a champion as I allow my potential form to take over portions of my body. While my legs gain feeling and begin to ache at the constant pressure of water surrounding them, I can gain a footing while others struggle to stay above water. Beneath the surface I've no need to breathe, no desire to shine. Water passes through empty holes in my body and fills my lungs to no effect. I feel immortal. The resistance of the water is one thing, but my steady purchase on the stone-hard sand is another. Above me I see the underbellies of various mortals and my eyes flicker with amusement. Even as the light is blocked by their shifting bodies, I feel a sense of achievement. Here beneath the waves I can follow the paths of the others and always know where to go, until that inevitable moment where I will pull ahead and with halting grace, toss my head up through the surface.

What a chaotic scene it shall be.

img © foter
[Image: siggy1_zpsfwdjquxw.png]
please tag Prometheus in all replies!
magic & force is permitted at your own peril.

Messages In This Thread
RE: UNICORNS :: Swimming the Coast, Round ONE - by Cineviam - 09-12-2012, 08:49 PM
RE: UNICORNS :: Swimming the Coast, Round ONE - by Keahi - 09-13-2012, 01:24 AM
RE: UNICORNS :: Swimming the Coast, Round ONE - by Aurelius - 09-13-2012, 01:32 AM
RE: UNICORNS :: Swimming the Coast, Round ONE - by Korra - 09-13-2012, 01:43 AM
RE: UNICORNS :: Swimming the Coast, Round ONE - by Monster - 09-13-2012, 05:45 AM
RE: UNICORNS :: Swimming the Coast, Round ONE - by Harlequin - 09-13-2012, 06:01 AM
RE: UNICORNS :: Swimming the Coast, Round ONE - by Prometheus - 09-13-2012, 06:21 PM
RE: UNICORNS :: Swimming the Coast, Round ONE - by Validino - 09-14-2012, 07:08 PM
RE: UNICORNS :: Swimming the Coast, Round ONE - by Irene - 09-17-2012, 02:02 PM