the Rift

[OPEN] Alice in Wonderland [Hatching]

Saffron Posts: 61
Aurora Basin Soldier atk: 5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5
Mare :: Other :: 46" :: 2 HP: 58.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Lauren

Saffron
you exist in TIME, but belong to ETERNITY

Birds wake me from my peaceful, restful cat nap. Although I could have kept sleeping for ages, I suppose getting up and stretching my legs around midday isn't such a bad idea either. I rise and stretch - first my front legs, then my hind - and I make sure to stretch my toes, as well. A yawn forces it's way out of me, my tongue lolling out as I do so. My ears swivel back and lie against my head, my body shaking with the force of the stretch. Whew! That was a good one. I step out from the darkness of the cave and into the sunlight. It's a new day, a new season. Tallsun. The summer sun shines down and I feel it warm my coat. The Basin isn't too warm, and I am grateful for that. Being in the desert land would be horrible for me. But this.. this climate is perfect. I walk out in the grass, much of it freshly uncovered from melting snow and slush. I pick up a lazy lope toward the trees not far off, my stomach hungry for some forest prey. Nothing that the Basiners will miss, of course. I've been good about following their rules, as silly as I find them. Horses and their need to have some sort of... political system. It doesn't mean much to me but at least I've got peace with one batch of four-leggeds. Of course there was that one time, with the red-maned fellow. But I was not directly responsible for his death. I did not initiate the kill nor did I complete it. I participated, and I feasted on him afterward, but he would have died with or without my help. Surely they cannot fault me for that. 'If they knew, but I think they do not.'

After a few minutes I've reached the trees, and without a second thought I am creeping through the pines, searching for my snack. A rabbit catches my eye, scurrying about probably looking for its own food. The world can stand to be rid of one more pesky rabbit. The things breed like they're dying out, I'm not sure this will even get a moment's notice. I wait until it gets closer, and reach forward as it nears, swiping it up with one paw. A rabbit is pretty measly for a meal, but for a quick snack (I could eat it in two bites, maybe one), it isn't so bad. It has barely stopped twitching when I hear a noise not far off. I leave a paw on the rabbit and turn my head to see what it is. Not far from me I see... Hotaru. At least I think that was her name. She's on the ground - uncommon for horses, in my experience - and seems to be, cradling something? I pick up the rabbit in my mouth and walk over toward her. Only the crack of the pine needles beneath the pads of my paws give me away - and I like it that way. Though I mean not to startle her, so I chuff quietly from being the rabbit, trying to kindly announce my approach. I lie down across from her, a yard or two away, and drop the rabbit between my feet. What I see next to her is quite strange. Very, very strange. It looks like some sort of furball - but not like me - coming from... An egg? That.. that is not how I came into being. For a moment, all my understanding of life is called into question. We come from eggs? We.. I.. I don't think I came out of an egg. I had a mother. This thing looks nothing like Hotaru. I keep the cycle of questions to myself, not wanting to appear naive. No, I do not want to embarrass myself with my lack of knowledge and experience. "Hotaru - " It doubles as a way to begin my question and as a greeting. " - what is it?"

Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

*You may do anything you wish with Saffron excluding dismemberment and death.

Messages In This Thread
Alice in Wonderland [Hatching] - by Hotaru - 02-01-2015, 02:07 AM
RE: Alice in Wonderland [Hatching] - by Saffron - 02-01-2015, 04:26 AM
RE: Alice in Wonderland [Hatching] - by Hotaru - 02-06-2015, 09:49 PM
RE: Alice in Wonderland [Hatching] - by Saffron - 02-09-2015, 02:58 AM
RE: Alice in Wonderland [Hatching] - by Hotaru - 02-22-2015, 09:19 PM
RE: Alice in Wonderland [Hatching] - by Saffron - 02-22-2015, 11:27 PM